• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR WARS: The Clone Wars - Season VI now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiltz

I'm not a big Star Wars guy, but I did enjoy the Clone Wars show for the most part. Anyway, I saw the first 6 episodes of season 6 last night.

After the first two episodes, it got me wondering why didn't
the Jedi attempt to read the minds of the Kaminoans at the cloning facility?
Are they among the alien species whose minds cannot be read by using the Force ?

I'm not a big Star Wars guy, but I did enjoy the Clone Wars show for the most part. Anyway, I saw the first 6 episodes of season 6 last night.

the Jedi never thought about reading the minds of the Kaminoans at the cloning facility?
Are they among the alien species whose minds cannot be read by using the Force ?
That was the plan though, bring him back to the temple.

Prequel timeline was when the light force wasn't all that reliable, so I assume you'd need many masters and some special location to get anything useful during that time.

Hiltz

That was the plan though, bring him back to the temple.

Prequel timeline was when the light force wasn't all that reliable, so I assume you'd need many masters and some special location to get anything useful during that time.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess that settles it then.

Half way done with the season, and clone focus ones are still the best lol.

I think I just can't tolerate sith Jedi bullshit anymore until a good story proves otherwise.

S6 E02:

Glad we got to see
Kamino
another time.
Shaak Ti looks lovely animated. Not really fond of the voices they used for Nala Se and Lama Su, but it's nice to see them portrayed as the characters Dexter said they were back in the second film: "These Kaminoans keep to themselves; they're cloners—damn good ones, too."
"Are they friendly?"
"Oh, depends."
"Depends on what, Dex?"
"On how good your manners are, and how big your... pocketbook is."
Also, one particular Shot-reservse-Shot when Fives and the droid are talking inside his medical bay struck me as being really off. It felt like a scene I'd see in the Rebels show, which is understandable given that it follows afterwards. I don't know how to describe it (perhaps it was the lighting), but it was a weird shot. Mostly uneventful episode, but I like how loyal Fives has been to his brothers after he lost Echo back in Season 3.

DodgerSan

I don't think they can
literally read minds. Earlier in the series a group of Jedi tried to force Cad Bane to divulge information using the mind trick. They couldn't just read it. I think they can detect emotion and intent. "You're upset" or "You're lying".

S6 E03:

I enjoyed this episode much more than the previous one.
Fives and AZ combo really grew on me. It was nice to see more of Kamino and I was digging the ship they used as a diversion. Looked like something Apple would make...if they were Kaminoans. It's a shame that after they discovered the chip, the conspiracy will still remain hidden. I wonder what will become of Fives. Since he's no longer affected by Order 66, he'll likely meet an unfortunate end :/

S6 E04:

Well, I guess there's my answer. Fives is gone and the truth along with him, though Rex and Anakin at least heard enough of it to keep it in the back of their minds (which makes me kinda want a reboot of Episode III in this style). Palpatine is animated in such an evil way that it it's a wonder nobody ever suspects him of any wrong doing. He at least had a youthful and tame look in the films up until the end of Ep III. I'd like to see Shaak Ti do more aggressive negotiations and less power struggling. The banter with her and Nala Se was cringe-worthy.

Cab driver's voice made me cringe, but I lol'd at "Your mother's a droid!" This show continues to earn its PG rating

S6 E05:

Dialog was cringe-worthy all around. I've never been fond of Padme's political attitude, and Anakin was unusually angsty for the show. However, the badass bounty hunter and sledding sequence was worth it. lol'd when Anakin force pushed him.

This show would be twice as good if it wasn't aimed at kids (and if Lucas didn't have a say in the dialog). Once again, doesn't give me much optimism for Rebels.

So far the first episode is still the best.

Episode 10

Wow so the jedi actually found out the clones were commissioned by Dooku, this along with Fives figuring out Order 66 was a hidden genetic chip that overrides clones were some damn good revelations.

It's crazy and frustrating to see how close everyone gets to uncovering the truth behind everything and stopping Sidious. His mass scale manipulation is really something else, when you stop and think its an incredible story how one guy engineered a galactic war to give himself power and turn a republic into a dictatorship.

Also I like how he did the Darth Vader thing with choking someone via hologram.

Nyanmaruz

Man I guess this is finally it...no more Clone Wars =(
Sucks that we didn't get to see
Ahsoka
again, and I have bad feeling about Rebels...

ZeroGravity

The last episode puts a really interesting spin on Yoda

That he carries with him the weight of knowing that the Clone Wars will inevitably be lost and the entire Jedi order destroyed, and that it all must happen for the Sith to eventually be defeated. And even THAT isn't enough to break him.

Really satisfying conclusion to the series.

Episode 12 sure took a big dump on the EU by

changing changing the homeworld of the Sith to Moriband instead of Korriban

BTW, should I download this series from iTunes or buy the Blu-Ray for the extra picture quality.

Only seen a handful of episodes, tho.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 12 sure took a big dump on the EU by

changing changing the homeworld of the Sith to Moriband instead of Korriban
From Wookieepedia:
However, the episode guide's trivia gallery clarifies that
Korriban has had multiple names throughout its history
Said trivia gallery:
At the start of story development,
the Sith world was called Korriban
, but George Lucas preferred to
change its name to Moraband. A world so ancient could have been known by different names in different eras.

Talon

The last episode puts a really interesting spin on Yoda

That he carries with him the weight of knowing that the Clone Wars will inevitably be lost and the entire Jedi order destroyed, and that it all must happen for the Sith to eventually be defeated. And even THAT isn't enough to break him.

Really satisfying conclusion to the series.
And even then, there will be 3 more movies!

a little mixed feelings on the last arc. Not entirely sure what the
morals of each trial were, and in the end, yoda has to go back to qui gon to actually learn this crap? When did Qui Gon learn this stuff anyways?

So there still seems to be some tales left in the clone wars before eps 3... real curious when skywalker 'power has doubled since the last time we met' because he always seem to get his ass kicked by dooku.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Have any of you read the James Luceno book Labyrinth of Evil that is a direct prequel to Episode III?

So I'm interested in starting this but I've heard the initial movie is kinda sucky. At what point would most of you say that it "gets good" just so I can mentally prepare myself, haha.

My opinion: Just skip to about mid-third season. Theres a noticeable boost in overall quality when you reach the episode "Heroes On Both Sides" which is imo the first actually worthwhile episode. The series is pretty solid from there on out but there are still some pretty terrible arcs here and there, usually having to do with droids or children. I don't feel like anything is lost from skipping those when you come across them.

Have any of you read the James Luceno book Labyrinth of Evil that is a direct prequel to Episode III?

Yeah, serves as a good bridge between clone wars and the movie (or as I prefer it, the comics and the ep3 novel)

If anyone wants to know about the Jedi's final attempts at uncovering the Jedi plot, read it.

S6 E06:

Jealous Anakin is jealous. Once again had some cringeworthy dialog, but that fight between Anakin and Clovis was so worth it. The political episodes aren't generally as interesting, but this at least gives us a different view of how the Sith are playing both sides. Was hoping to see more of the Bounty Hunter though. Obi-Wan and Anakin talk was an interesting moment that I wish we saw more of in TCW.

At least Chuchi had a cameo in the end.

Something I also noticed in the last episode when Anakin walked out of his ship was that his feet snapped to the ground as he walked. The show has never had perfect movement (especially with anakin) but it was more noticeable than it usually is.

S6 E07:
Aww yiss, some action. Gattling gun trooper was a badass *salutes*. Palpatine once again tips the war in his favor by controlling the banks. Anakin saves the day, and clovis goes in a fitting albeit cliche way. I do kinda feel sorry for him though. I think I saw Mon Mothma in the senate but I'm not positive.

I'm not sure if this arc was better than the first one, but this was mostly better than the first episodes of it. 1 > 7 > 4 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 2 for the episodes so far.

S6 E08:

bwahahaha mace and jar jar dynamic is hilarious. the dialog between them is unusually natural compared to other characters.
Who would have guessed that jar jar had some tail like that in the galaxy? jar jar actually ends up being funny in the show (at least compared to the other attempts at humor). lol'd at meditation scene. Mace being a badass in the underground temple as usual. This show continues to push the violence factor. I might have an idea who's behind the disappearances.

9HYhdkr.png

"Jar Jar, maybe it's this place, but you're starting to make sense to me"

S6 E09

Yep, I knew Mother Talzin had something to do with this as soon as I saw the green sphere. I never did like how she pushed the show further into Science Fantasy, but her fight scene with windu was kinda cool so I'll let it wasn't that bad. lol at clumsy jar jar waking up all the stone guardians (which look like space iron giants). lol'd again when jar jar made that call and those goofy ass space horses came running.

A bit of a pet peeve of mine, but the transition from the desert to Talzin's arrival was cheap and should have been the classic sweeps that the films used.

A fairly good arc nonetheless. Better than the last one.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Two episodes in. So good so far.

"The mission... in our dreams..."

EDIT: 2 eps into S6 I mean. Been waiting a long time for this...

Just started watching the show, pretty cool. It's got a sense of humor to, judging off the first episode. Yodas giggle got me

I don't know if I can get through these jarjar episodes. Do they matter to the rest of the season and when does it stop?

Gameboy415

I didn't really care for the Clovis arc, but the rest of the Episodes were pretty great!

The final Yoda arc was especially fantastic -
I really enjoyed the concept of Yoda overcoming his inner dark-side!!

Tecl0n

Wait a goddamned second, on Ep 11.
When Yoda is in the cave and sees the future where Sidious manhandles the masters, it is shown Shaak Ti getting impaled much like the deleted scenes in Episode III, was this a throwback to the deleted scene or have Disney erased The Force Unleashed from the canon?

DodgerSan

Wait a goddamned second, on Ep 11.
When Yoda is in the cave and sees the future where Sidious manhandles the masters, it is shown Shaak Ti getting impaled much like the deleted scenes in Episode III, was this a throwback to the deleted scene or have Disney erased The Force Unleashed from the canon?

Both. Except it wasn't
Disney per se, TFU has been non-canon
for a long time.

ankuo

Banned
Did any 1 feel sick when they came so close to uncovering the order 66 plot like 2ice.. Anyways i hope the new show does the clone wars justice cuz i hated when heard they where going to ax the clone wars..

Did any 1 feel sick when they came so close to uncovering the order 66 plot like 2ice.. Anyways i hope the new show does the clone wars justice cuz i hated when heard they where going to ax the clone wars..

It might end up being better than TCW since they have the freedom of new characters and a larger period of time to work with. As long as they don't fluff it up too much for kids (the current show is at a healthy level for both audiences, some dialog notwithstanding), it should do well. We'll have to see a few episodes in action first before we can know for certain, but TCW demonstrates that even a rocky start can improve over time. I must say, initial character designs haven't impressed me though.

Jedi don't really read minds, they pick up on emotions and sometimes the thoughts of those they are close too, but that is often done for plot convenience. But they never are shown to be telepaths

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I kept reading that the last and previous seasons were all coming to Netflix, like the recent Pokemon announcement, seems the whole thing was US only? I was looking forward to watching them all from the beginning.

I kept reading that the last and previous seasons were all coming to Netflix, like the recent Pokemon announcement, seems the whole thing was US only? I was looking forward to watching them all from the beginning.

Seems like the March 7 Netflix release is exclusive to US and Canada. It aired several weeks ago in Germany, and there doesn't appear to be a release slated for other territories yet. Will update if I find more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom