• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR WARS: The Clone Wars - Season VI now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastNac

It was Darth Bane from the books written by KOTOR's Drew Karpyshyn. Except he was also an illusion conjured up by the Force Ghosts as a test for Yoda.
I guess Bane got a pass(as opposed to Revan) due to that status of being another George Lucas creation. Good to hear Mark Hamill again in Star Wars.

Halcyon

I watched most of seasons 3-6 this weekend. I forgot how much I love this show. I hate the prequels for the reasons I love this show. Character development!

Anakin in the clone wars seems like a real character and his actions and feelings are built over the series. You feel the relationship between him and Obi-Won. The war has weight. You care about Rex/Codi etc.

Also the CGI lends itself to the acrobatics and vibe of the universe. You can see a huge battle with jedi flipping about and the hum and glow of the sabers and lasers and say "wow that looks cool", but the movies completely lacked this.

I watched most of seasons 3-6 this weekend. I forgot how much I love this show. I hate the prequels for the reasons I love this show. Character development!

Anakin in the clone wars seems like a real character and his actions and feelings are built over the series. You feel the relationship between him and Obi-Won. The war has weight. You care about Rex/Codi etc.

Also the CGI lends itself to the acrobatics and vibe of the universe. You can see a huge battle with jedi flipping about and the hum and glow of the sabers and lasers and say "wow that looks cool", but the movies completely lacked this.

always was funny how in eps 2 dooku vs obiwan/anakin was just chris lee weazing away (probably many takes and breaks), then all of a sudden he moves 10x faster vs yoda with the power of the force CG

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Phantom Menace really should not have taken up a whole film. Have Anakin's childhood take place take up a small part of Episode I, with the majority of the prequels taking place with him as a young adult.

Vice

Phantom Menace really should not have taken up a whole film. Have Anakin's childhood take place take up a small part of Episode I, with the majority of the prequels taking place with him as a young adult.

The prequels being terrible came from poor writing and acting not Anakin being a kid for two hours.

Been marathoning the show and I just hit season 4. There have been some pretty awesome arcs so far but I wasn't crazy about the Mon Cala ones.

Great show though. Still surprises me how much they're able to get away with as far as some of the graphic killing goes.

gamma

So I started watching this when it came on Netflix. Watched S02E16 an hour ago and just found out about the chronological order. Now I'm not sure how to continue. Funnily enough the episode I watched last is actually the first one.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I just finished watching this entire series over over the last few weeks. It's pretty well done even though at the time, I thought some timeline thing was totally off. For example, some of the guys died (Padme's uncle and one of the senator) but re-appeared living fine and dandy in later episodes. Just read part of this thread and realized the episodes are not chronological :p Oh George Lucas lol...

Biggest concern though, is the lack of ending for Ahsoka, Ventress, Darth Maul and, Bane Hondo. I'm very sad that they just let Ahsoka go at the end of season 5. Ventress too, didn't really have an ending after season 5. Frigging Palpatine said he has plans for Darth Maul after they fought and we never see Darth Maul again. What's up with that ? Bane and Hondo both were quite prominent throughout the Clone Wars series, so I do want to see a close with them as well.

gillty

Banned
I just finished watching this entire series over over the last few weeks. It's pretty well done even though at the time, I thought some timeline thing was totally off. For example, some of the guys died (Padme's uncle and one of the senator) but re-appeared living fine and dandy in later episodes. Just read part of this thread and realized the episodes are not chronological :p Oh George Lucas lol...

Biggest concern though, is the lack of ending for Ahsoka, Ventress, Darth Maul and, Bane Hondo. I'm very sad that they just let Ahsoka go at the end of season 5. Ventress too, didn't really have an ending after season 5. Frigging Palpatine said he has plans for Darth Maul after they fought and we never see Darth Maul again. What's up with that ? Bane and Hondo both were quite prominent throughout the Clone Wars series, so I do want to see a close with them as well.
The Disney purchase of Lucasfilm killed Clone Wars, what we saw of season 6 was only about half of what was planned, with a season 7 and 8 in various phases of production.

desertdroog

So is this a reboot or sequel to the Samurai Jack styled cartoon that aired a couple of years ago?

Good question. I have the two DVD's of the traditionally animated one and am unsure how it fits within this storyline, as I have just started the Clone Wars S1 on netflix.

So is this a reboot or sequel to the Samurai Jack styled cartoon that aired a couple of years ago?

I think it's a reboot. Lucas didn't like what the cartoon did so he waved his hands and wished it out of existence.

Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to have the sequel of "Clone Wars" be named "The Clone Wars."

Darth Mauls storyline is being done as a comic book. The scripts for the end of the Darth Maul stuff are being used as source material to make the comic miniseries, so that is being wrapped up there.

Some of the extra characters though, who knows, I assume they will be left in limbo as being more minor players and there is still a chance some of these characters will make appearances in the upcoming Rebels TV series.

I think it's a reboot. Lucas didn't like what the cartoon did so he waved his hands and wished it out of existence.

Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to have the sequel of "Clone Wars" be named "The Clone Wars."

Nothing in TCW conflicts with what was in the Clone Wars micro series, they cover different events and time periods largely. They never wrote over it, but they kinda just ignored its existence it seems like and did their own thing. There was never anything about "lucas waving his hand and wishing it away", for all we know Lucas never even saw or heard of the micro series.

desertdroog

Well it follows, I suppose. I remember how much I loved the Genndy Tartakovsky version of Star Wars, stating to friends, that it was better than the prequels.

>_>

Nothing in TCW conflicts with what was in the Clone Wars micro series, they cover different events and time periods largely. They never wrote over it, but they kinda just ignored its existence it seems like and did their own thing. There was never anything about "lucas waving his hand and wishing it away", for all we know Lucas never even saw or heard of the micro series.

Ok, well, I'm glad it isn't a retcon.

deleted

After watching seasons 1-3 when they aired and not caring that much for season 4, I now straight up went on watching the first few episodes of season 6 on Netflix.

I have to say that it's utterly impressive how they managed to salvage all the lore, style and interquel stuff they had to work with after EP1-3 and the Beginning of the series into something really good!
I like the Clones, I like the Droids, they have pretty good and also strangely dark storylines, they don't focus solely on Anakin. The have pretty good direction and get also pretty violent for a kids show. I guess I like what I saw in the first two episodes much more than the entire prequel trilogie. Felt almost oldschool Star Wars.

If they manage to transfer this to the new show, I'll be there.

Clockwork5

Lttp on this series and as a hobby star wars enthusiast I have to say I am impressed! I am about 6 episodes in and the pacing of each episode is fantastic. Building up and resolving a plot line in 20 minutes while introducing new characters and establishing an overarching story is no small feat and this show sails right through each episode effortlessly weaving these components together.

So happy this isn't a fan service cash in and is a rockin show in its own right. Oh yeah, it looks glorious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom