• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

calder

Jesus. Masa and Suppy have just killed SC2 and esports. It's all over, cancel TI3, shut down the LoL servers, disband WCS. Thanks guys, your terribleness will be forgotten when whatever replaces esports hits.

Jesus. Masa and Suppy have just killed SC2 and esports. It's all over, cancel TI3, shut down the LoL servers, disband WCS. Thanks guys, your terribleness will be forgotten when whatever replaces esports hits.

After Illusion vs Astera, it was just terrible match after terrible match.

Thankfully Premier league will be better than this.

TBH that was a pretty poor series as well. Exciting maybe but for the most part it wasn't very high quality.

Ehh Looking at PvP zone GSL, I'll take the lackluster but exciting NA region over KR this season.

Besides, its all premier league matches from now on with lots of Korean Terrans and Zergs up there with 1 or 2 Protoss thrown in.

SamuraiX-

Did somebody say they wanna see an entire tournament consisting of the two most boring matchups in the game (i.e. PvP and PvZ)?

Look no further than Season 1 of the 2014 GSL Code S!

vt5Kqum.png

Now that you've recovered from puking all over your keyboard, here's Seaon 1 WCS America Premier League:

That's how it's fucking done.

Bomber and Jaedong in the same group! HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG

Group B is all American LOL. ;b

3 Terrans in 2 groups. Thats not possible in GSL LOL.

Crank and Minigun got lucky and unlucky at the same time. TvP is good for now.

But Taeja and Polt respectively is in each group.

Crank needs to beat aLive and Major to make it out because beating Taeja is unlikely.

Same for Minigun but I favor Illusion. Too bad Illusion's TvT isn't the best.

Also StC has one match up but they are against probably the best Zergs excluding JD and Scarlett.

desrow is doomed barring upsets and cheese.

Bomber has his group hopefully.

The rest I really don't care about or can guess the results.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
this is amazing.

this english news reader.

WHO IS HE.

I NEED MORE

possessed by a god of english after a short study

SamuraiX-

Yeah, DRG put up a good fight but with herO and Rain in the group he got the short end of the stick.

Solar made some noise and had a legitimate shot of knocking out Rain and advancing.

herO just being herO. Can't stop winning. It's stupid how fast he's been improving since he picked up StarCraft II in mid-late 2012. His very first showing in Code S was in WCS 2013 Season 3 but he couldn't get past the Ro32, so this marks the deepest he's been in Code S in his career... and I could easily see him making Top 4 this season or even runner-up.

Zen

Banned
Muta death ball still certain death for terran. No possible counter. Even thors get wrecked.

When you go mech you can easily get enough viking to Zone the Mutas as long as you also have good turret placement and thors. Especially with the combined attack upgrade. A lot of maps aren't really big enough for the space to be an issue since vikings have such great range. That and Raven using a Hunter seeker can force the Z to disengage.

EDIT: Granted that's my experience which is certainly not at the pro level.

Which Terran is playing and is he still in contention?

Aaron

When you go mech you can easily get enough viking to Zone the Mutas as long as you also have good turret placement and thors. Especially with the combined attack upgrade.
While you stay in your base and mine out while zerg controls the map. Nothing in that composition is mobile, and if you're caught out of position, which is super easy for mutas since they're so damned fast, you're done. If you move out, your base is screwed. Maybe I've missed the games, but I've yet to see vikings do shit against mutas except in very low numbers.

Supernova, and he's in the loser's match against Trap.

One little example from the actual match. Supernova killed Leenock's spire, along with the +2 armor upgrade. Then he immediately moved out with his entire force, but mech is so slow that with a little harrasing, Leenock had the time to rebuild his spire and produce a massive new muta flock that wrecked Supernova's mostly thor army. Even if he had known the spire had been rebuilt and started producing vikings immediately, he would have never had enough to do anything to this almost instant flock.

Zen

Banned
The sarcastic pro protoss banter between Artosis and Tasteless at the end there was pretty funny.

Aaron

Supernova was super lucky to get as far as he did. He's been a Code A terran for a while now. Doesn't make the oncoming pvp final any easier to accept.

Well that's 4 protosses confirmed for round of 16 out of a possible 15.

Whoa holy crap all the groups actually have one of each race. Either 2 Zergs or 2 Protoss in some groups. Not a single group with 2 Terrans lol.

It would be sweet justice if all 8 Terrans got 1st place in their group but its very unlikely.

Everything looks so even that I can't even call a group of death.

SamuraiX-

Yeah, not to mention there isn't a single group with more than a single Korean, which is very refreshing compared to multiple groups in WCS America with 3-4 Koreans in one group.

I'm only a little worried about Mvp. His group could give him some trouble. Really footing for him to advance! :D

Aaron

I wish the new patch would be out before these started. I think the changes will make big differences in an interesting to watch way.

SamuraiX-

I wish the new patch would be out before these started. I think the changes will make big differences in an interesting to watch way.

WCS AM & EU Premier starts next Tuesday. It would be pretty impressive if the changes were implemented by them but yeah I agree if they're gonna happen do it before Tuesday. I'd be ok with just the MSC vision going through for now and maybe the Widow Mines. Blink can wait until April when Season 1 is wrapped up.

SamuraiX-

sOs is so fun to watch. Making harassment look so easy

As much as I dislike Protoss in general, sOs is totally legit. He's such a smart player and most of the time you watch him play in a premier tournament like this he'll surprise you with a refreshing new build you haven't really seen before.

Zen

Banned
5 protoss 1 zerg so far.

What a night of terrible games, going to skip group D for sure. Might only tune in for group F.

Top Bottom