• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm WCS Global Finals 2015 (Nov 1 - Nov 7)

Starcraft 2 WCS Global Finals are upon us and it will be the last HOTS tournament before the launch of Legacy of the Void.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/starcraft

Schedule:
Ro16 - Completed! See below for results. Watch Ro16 here.
Ro8 - Friday Nov 6
Semi & Grand Finals - Saturday Nov 7

Archon Mode
In addition to this there wil be the conclusion of the Redbull Archon tournament between MC/HuK and Snute/TLO.
There will also be a legends showmatch at Blizzcon between NesTea/YellOw and Mvp/BoxeR.

If you're new to archon mode you can read more here:
Archon Mode. Essentially it is a 2v2 game but you only have 1 vs 1 on the map. Therefore you both micro and both macro. Or you can have one person micro and one person macro.

Participants and final standings:
KRtDcJU.png

Bracket:
D4aSFDv.png

Results:
herO vs FanTaSy: WCS isn't that old but herO has more points than anyone else has ever accumulated in a year. Has been really strong all year long of course. Fantasy got in on a playoff vs Hyun beating him 3-2. |
herO 3-1,,,,,,,,,,,,
ByuL vs Classic: Both have been playing well in Korea this year. ByuL is king of 2nd place, I think coming in 4 2nd place finishes in premier tournaments this year including both 2nd place of GSl and SSL in season 3. Classic beat ByuL in season 2 of SSL 3-0 in the Ro8. |
Classic in a 3-0, GREAT game 3!
INnoVation vs Zest: A heavy weight match which could have been the finals. Both players have varied during 2015 but Innovation is coming off of a dominating victory of GSL season 3 where he defeated Zest, Maru and ByuL. |
INno completely DOMINATED zest. Not even close 3-0.
Lilbow vs Life: The only non korean vs last year's Blizzcon champion. Life won Blizzcon 2014 and Lilbow is the little Protoss engine that could. |
Life absolutely destroyed Lilbow. He rushed him 3 games in a row, not letting him get setup.
Rain vs Polt: A good and usually constant on the Protss scene vs a Nexus sniper. Polt has looked a little shaky in season 2/3 of WCS and this will be a very big test for him. |
Rain defeats Polt 3-2. Polt got drunk in game 2.
PartinG vs sOs: The only mirror in the Ro16. PartinG has been around longer than sOs but sOs every once in a while pulls out some huge games. |
$O$ takes it 3-2.
Hydra vs Dream: Hydra played in WCS America this year but has been dominating while Dream is an up and coming Terran player. Will hopefully be a great ZvT. |
Hydra and Dream go back and forth. Key mistake in game 5 by Dream gives Hydra victory 3-2
Maru vs Rogue: Maru is 2nd to herO this year in points earned and Rogue seemed to get in by doing consistently average all year round. |
WAT. Rogue 3-0's Maru. And it wasn't close.

SamuraiX-

Thanks for the thread, demos!

FanTaSy had a very real chance to tie it up 2-2 if he didn't prematurely blow his load with that great position he had with herO's army trapped at this third.

herO definitely didn't look to be in his best form this weekend though. He's probably still a look for a Top 4 finish though.

Don't care about either ByuL or Classic coming up next. dat INno vs Zest series tho...

I'm not the happiest with their schedule choice, a TON of great games today though.

Inno vs Zest. Hopefully it delivers. I hope ByuL can at least win one series, he's been beaten up this year in finals of tournaments :lol

peakish

Zest vs Innovation is one hell of a matchup for the Ro16. I'll probably be rooting for the winner of that, or for Lilbow (in reality I'll be sleeping though).

Syf

Banned
Thanks for the thread! Wish I was home to watch right now, not for a few hours yet though :(

calder

Twitch app hits ps4 just in time for me to plant myself in the couch all day to watch some SC2.

Byul got clowned on cactus valley there

SamuraiX-

ByuL the best Zerg in the world? rofl

TLO on some straight clown shoes bull shit.

Here's to herO wiping the floor with Classic in the quarters.

Vana

Neo Member
ByuL the best Zerg in the world? rofl

TLO on some straight clown shoes bull shit.

Here's to herO wiping the floor with Classic in the quarters.

He was the best Zerg in the world this year, no doubt about it. Two GSL finals and one Starleague final, no one was even close to ByuL results this year.

SamuraiX-

XoRmNPv.png

le tod pls

He was the best Zerg in the world this year, no doubt about it. Two GSL finals and one Starleague final, no one was even close to ByuL results this year.

Life actually WON a GSL and an IEM earlier in the year and that will always count for more.

Besides, one of ByuL's GSL runs was a joke. Dear and GuMiho as your playoff opponents? lmfao

SamuraiX-

Don't blame Zest for the early gg

First-person view of INno's vision that game:

AKaBKCs.gif

I questioned the decision to chase down Blink stalkers after Zest's 3rd finished with an instant PO but then INno pulled some sorcery trading 6 marines for 6 blink stalkers and made ToD cry.

calder

Need to switch to the player cams so we can see Inno's smirk when he gets Zest to dance to his tune yet again.

SamuraiX-

No seriously, how the fuck does INno pull off such insane unit control while maintaining perfect macro?

Those splitz tho

I feel like I'm watching Maru with this godly bio micro.

calder

I swear I could hear the handful of probes left on the map shrieking in terror by the time Zest tapped out

SamuraiX-

INno outta fucks. Reading his opponent perfectly.

3 straight games Zest has gone for a fast third. How far off this guy has fallen. He used to play a much more diversified style.

SamuraiX-

An ass whooping for the ages.

It's such a damn shame we'll only get a maximum of 5 games of INno vs Life. So deserving of a grand final match.

SamuraiX-

That was a really nice move by Life to immediately send his Lings down the ramp when Lilbow was trying to transfer his probes. The sentry had no choice but to throw down a force field and that basically trapped all his workers in the meat grinder.

SamuraiX-

Ouch. I could actually see Life ling-rushing every game, hah.

It would be wise if he sees any sort of crack in the defense. I think he'd be pretty pissed to have to show any of his strats against a foreigner especially in a grand tournament so stacked with Protoss.

SamuraiX-

It would legit not surprise me if they flashed the camera on Life during these games and he was yawning while microing with just his mouse.

Top Bottom