• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just wondering.

Mostly because I legitimately forgot about DS3 when I made that Stellaris post earlier.

Im just giving you shit but you did touch on a pet peeve of mine, how exactly is one to show hype for something? Are we supposed to post "almost time guyz!" in every page or something?

Its like when people say "boy nobody talks about that game anymore I guess it wasnt popular", like someone made a thread about Bioshock Infinite some time ago. I dont get that, are we supposed to talk about the game forever? The game came out, we played and discussed it at the time, and we moved on to the next one weeks later.

Tree of Savior screens look so good. Heard the servers are still terrible, though.

I've played in one of the betas. The game is stellar with amazing art direction and music with fun gameplay. It fully support gamepad as well which I loved. Too bad about the server problem, but I think that's pretty normal for mmo launch. I'm still waiting for April launch for free players. I'm a freeloader peasant, afterall.

Every time I hear Minsc I just want to play Baldur's Gate...

It's amazing that they got those VOs back, after so long.
Im just giving you shit but you did touch on a pet peeve of mine, how exactly is one to show hype for something? Are we supposed to post "almost time guyz!" in every page or something?

Its like when people say "boy nobody talks about that game anymore I guess it wasnt popular", like someone made a thread about Bioshock Infinite some time ago. I dont get that, are we supposed to talk about the game forever? The game came out, we played and discussed it at the time, and we moved on to the next one weeks later.
Hype's not really about any one person's comments, but the general atmosphere of discussion around GAF or wherever. It reaches a feverpitch where you'll see it mentioned everywhere, from threads focused solely on it, to people mentioning it in other threads, and beyond just GAF into the Internet at large (news articles, previews, etc).

Although now that I think of it, the mysterious and personal nature of Soulsian campaigns means that quarantining discussion in proper threads makes the most sense. Because spoilers are thine enemy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There are 4 Dark Souls 3 threads in the main page right now

Import OT, spoilers, some 80s theme thread and pc specs thread, the game isnt out in most of the world for another 2 weeks :/

shockdude

whoo new thread.
Been busy for most of of March, maybe I'll actually contribute to the thread this time around.

part of that busy did include posting in the Arcade Stick thread a bunch lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
that huniepop game actually looks like something i'd play

maybe if it was a bit more "innocent"

words like squirting and anal make me uncomfortable

Hektor

Here is my DS3 recommendation for the OP.

As the fire fades.

Only Embers remain.

And Darkness has spread,

DARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIDARKSOULSIIIGIVEMENOWIT'SSOCLOSEYETSOFAR

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Special Night Out -- MB-5FB601903DBC2363 - Taken by SSPssp
Opened the wrong door -- MB-63ED0D64F8339D36 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Barquack -- MB-E4F83D186264F28C - Taken by zkylon
Legendary weapon -- MB-501AB2A40C27A578 - Taken by TheAutomator
You entered for it -- MB-878BC11869612F1E - Taken by Eila
Gibs

Rhaknar

Man, all I've heard today is about Hyper Light Drifter is cool. Yet, I have no clue what that game even is.

Its a action rpg like zelda but with ability upgrades instead of items, not hard to understand

Durante

Surprised by so few recommendations for April.... is this month like a dry well or something? I'm pretty sure there's something coming out this month.
Are we doing VR game recommendations?
Because I'll be getting at least a dozen of those on Steam this month.

Also I can't believe no one wrote anything about DS3.

my computer at work won't turn on, yay

giphy.gif

:p

Uzzy

Are we doing VR game recommendations?
Because I'll be getting at least a dozen of those on Steam this month.

Also I can't believe no one wrote anything about DS3.

I was thinking of it, but that'd have required researching it and there was no way I'd do that for a Souls game. Other stuff like Danganronpa 2 and The Banner Saga 2 only got confirmed release dates recently.

Besides, no one reads the OP.

Ozium

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NotGTAV -- MB-61B1627DD12C7C8D - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

t1459497581z1.png

Happy April Fool's Day

Arthea

That thread title *winces*

Anyways, a nice thread otherwise and happy silliest internets day, steamgaf.
I like good April jokes, not many usually are but let's hope for the best this year.

In other news, wishlisted Code of Princess.
And that Overture GG game, what is it about? I don't think I ever heard about it. Is it bad or something? It doesn't look much like GG game in those screens.

kagamin

Happy April from Luka!
nw9OuRP.jpg

And that Overture GG game, what is it about? I don't think I ever heard about it. Is it bad or something? It doesn't look much like GG game in those screens.

Guilty Gear 2: Overture uses an action-based gameplay similar to Devil May Cry while retaining special moves and animations that have been used in past 2D Guilty Gear fighters, combined with RTS elements similar to Herzog Zwei.

Action RTS, or MOBA I dunno?

ModBot said:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #4 -- MB-78C723BC68496AF1 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Mystery Game -- MB-7970A24ADBBF7CD8 - Taken by bobnowhere
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-619F487513F09D74 - Taken by InfiniteNine
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-74A97CDA20DAFE55 - Taken by Sarcasm
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-E1F96F98836062AA - Taken by crazyrabbits

Feel free to share what you win. Totally not Bad Rats.

FdDo01I.png

Oh my!

Warning: Modbot might be confused and needs to go ly down.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Indigo Prophecy -- MB-235C924CBBD8B08F - Taken by Deques
The Lost Island -- MB-E53A98F72CC0EDFD - Taken by SSPssp
Terminator Salvation -- MB-AD7465213BD4332C - Taken by crazyrabbits
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-8633BF04B6B3BE3E - Taken by voodooray

The Lost Island is probably The Lost Island, the other three are POSTAL 2, Angry Arrow and Krai Mira. Which one is which? No idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom