• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinha

Noted. Was wondering about that. Feels like my list is mostly indie this year - not that it's a bad thing. There just haven't been too many big AAA games come out this year that I'm interested in that I haven't already played.

Although I might add a few games to the list that haven't come out yet - maybe Dead Rising 1 and Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Thanks for the feedback. Abzu and Inside also look like they're kinda short and could be pretty engaging which is really what I'm looking for here. Of course I always try to go into my Extra Life games as blind as possible so that it's almost like spending 24 hours doing quick one or two hour "what I think" type game reviews in fairly rapid succession.

You're welcome.

Also, just echoing the sentiment from the guy who said Oxenfree. It's probably my favorite game after Dark Souls 3 this year. :)

Tizoc

So setting the quality of textures and such to High does not affect my FPS.
As is it fluctuates between 40-60 FPS, though it middles in the 50s.
I'll post my laptop specs and settings later and maybe find a good middle ground.

Nzyme32

I'd say Vanilla because of the DC bugs and the DLC mission is pretty lame.
You probably wouldn't use the new methods against bosses anyway because Typhoon is the shit.

That dlc mission looks like it will be important to the new game's plot due to a certain character. I would recommend DC. Bugs are not something I came across, and the relaxed "piss filter" is more welcome than the old version. With a computer even a few years old, DC should run flawlessly

MD port seems great from my experience. Just several bugs need clearing up

oipic

I would recommend DC. Bugs are not something I came across, and the relaxed "piss filter" is more welcome than the old version. With a computer even a few years old, DC should run flawlessly

Seconded - I put over sixty hours into the Director's Cut, and didn't stumble across one of the supposed bugs that was addressed post v1.0 of the vanilla version.

Also highly recommended if you plan to play through in a stealthy manner, as the boss fights in the vanilla edition are a little jarring otherwise.

derExperte

Then the Fire TV ended up being shit.

Nah, I use mine almost daily, great little device imo. Also had a Fire tablet for two year, was really good for its price but now they only release low-end crap which is very cheap but has significantly worse hardware than the old ones. They had a good thing going but you're right, the Fire Phone ruined everything and probably made them afraid of taking any more risks.

I'd say Vanilla because of the DC bugs and the DLC mission is pretty lame.
You probably wouldn't use the new methods against bosses anyway because Typhoon is the shit.

That dlc mission looks like it will be important to the new game's plot due to a certain character. I would recommend DC. Bugs are not something I came across, and the relaxed "piss filter" is more welcome than the old version. With a computer even a few years old, DC should run flawlessly

MD port seems great from my experience. Just several bugs need clearing up

Seconded - I put over sixty hours into the Director's Cut, and didn't stumble across one of the supposed bugs that was addressed post v1.0 of the vanilla version.

Also highly recommended if you plan to play through in a stealthy manner, as the boss fights in the vanilla edition are a little jarring otherwise.

Thanks, I guess I'll go with the DC for the DLC and cross fingers I don't run into any bugs.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Wednesday "Hump Day" Bundle #26

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 Steam Games

Apartment 666 (STEAM)
Cally's Trials (STEAM)
Zombie Camp (STEAM) +

Pay only $3.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 10 Steam Games

Dragon Fin Soup (STEAM)
Last Hope - Tower Defense (STEAM)
NEO-NOW! (STEAM)
Dead But Alive! Southern England (STEAM) +
Sparkle 2 (STEAM) +
Jurassic Survival (STEAM)
RFLEX + Soundtrack (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/hump

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Even with a 1070 NMS stutters. I have no words.

Have you tried capping the frame rate at 60 with Rivatuner? That's worked really well for me for open world games with framepacing jitters, like Witcher 3 and Dragon's Dogma.

Ozium

How is the Deus Ex port treating Steam GAF?

it's a good port with some bugs at the moment (they just pushed a patch for some crashes people were having, though mine has never crashed)

people trying to push their rigs too hard or not understanding their GPUs limitations are upset though

Grief.exe

it's a good port with some bugs at the moment (they just pushed a patch for some crashes people were having, though mine has never crashed)

people trying to push their rigs too hard or not understanding their GPUs limitations are upset though

In quickly browsing the PC Performance thread, it seems there are a few unoptimized settings like MSAA. Nixxes is always good at fixing issues and these seem like they will be fixed relatively quickly.

Ludens

Banned
I gave in and finally got Paint It Back. This is the kind of shit that will ruin my life because I'm so tempted to play a level before work... or two... (I'm at my third right now).

The Collector's Edition is available on amazon.de, so I guess not.

Dunno, both Gamestop and Amazon here (Italy) have only the One version.

venomenon

How is the Deus Ex port treating Steam GAF?
After my initial euphoria during the indroductory mission, not good. FPS on mostly medium settings is at 20-35 in the hub area. Will have to try again tonight with the Game Ready driver and without that apparently extremely demanding shadow setting. I'm still hopeful.
(i5-3450, GTX 970, 8 GB RAM)

No crashes though.

Nordicus

Pretty good but also pretty scary when you see the price of the micro-transactions.
The cosmetics? Oh yeah, Duelyst cosmetics are a bit overpriced.

But as a plus though, the game is actually pretty generous at handing out cards and packs for f2p players compared to other CCGs.

Wok

And here I am without a decent rig. Dammit.

The cosmetics? Oh yeah, Duelyst cosmetics are a bit overpriced.

But as a plus though, the game is actually pretty generous at handing out cards and packs for f2p players compared to other CCGs.

I know I am a whale. I see several stuff priced for 50€, so I am scared of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom