• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, how tight does your butt get right before a sale?

Tight enough
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Actually I've been doing this for years so I stop sweating the details. Before the sale starts I usually spin up a hand full of servers that sit behind the load balancer. There doesn't ever seem to be enough server power to meet the demand, especially not right away. Typically within about 4 hours everything settles in and (hopefully) hums along for the remainder of the sale.

Interestingly enough, the usage always peaks at 10:00am every day, even though there haven't been daily deals for a few years now.

Amzin

I can't see the Steam prices but all the Final Fantasy/Tomb Raider/JC/Deus Ex game Steam codes are on sale on SE's official store, for pretty good prices - maybe better than Steam. Make sure to check both!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yay

zIo1S0L.png

Hopeford

Damn, was hoping Sonic Generations was on sale. Been wanting to give it a shot for a while and I have a $20 gift card around...hmm no idea what to use it on now.

Waiting for the prices to change as usual....

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Steam Sales have had the typical price drops in Dailies and Flash deals...

The prices you see now are what you get during the whole sale... But again I may be wrong.

thenexus6

Hoping Fallout New Vegas is on here some day, only ever played Fallout 4 and it wasn't great.

Also, do I grab the Witness on here or wait and see if PSN has it on sale soon?

Sendou

This was pretty fun:

54a58b4a57fqsz9.jpg

Will grab something from sale. At least Inside. Maybe something else too like Abzu? Tempted to grab Fallout 4 actually but the negativity scares me away at that price.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
trails in the sky is on sale, both fc and sc

if you like rpg's, or more specifically, jrpg's, it's a great idea to give this a try

i'm already own them so i'm gonna buy every Ys instead

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Steam Sales have had the typical price drops in Dailies and Flash deals...

The prices you see now are what you get during the whole sale... But again I may be wrong.

He means the store updating to reflect the sale prices

reKon

Banned
is the winter sale going to be better anyways?

I can wait, my backlog is big enough as it is

INSIDE is pretty much my must buy game

jediyoshi

Aside from the first category, if they're not going to limit their annual awards to games that came out that year, I can't even take them half seriously.

Why would you want the Siege season pass now 8days before it expires?

It's not a subscription, the content is content.

J_Viper

Is it safe to buy now, or will prices drop further during the week with dailies?

This is my first big Steam sale, so apologies if this was already answered

Shame I missed Life is Strange at the price error. I am lining up a lot of other stuff to buy so maybe it's for the best time-wise.

Aside from the first category, if they're not going to limit their annual awards to games that came out that year, I can't even take them half seriously.

Because games that came out more than a year ago don't deserve merit? I think one of the advantages of steam over the consoles is it's timeless library. I like that the awards highlight that. Also the awards are more for fun than prestige.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom