• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

So, uh, success I guess?
UrprAXll.png

The order was originally canceled due to it being out-of-stock, but after a few hours the order was un-canceled, and I got the code.

Really weird, but I'm not complaining about it. Looks like I still got charged, so everything seems to have been corrected -- albeit with some twists and turns along the way.

haha grats, that's strange indeed

So I'm probably going to grab Pillars of Eternity.

For anyone who has played, should I be getting the expansions as well? Do they add to the overall game, or are they simply a separate segmented section that is added on later in the game or something?

Like would it make sense to just have it all immediately, or buy the white march somewhere down the road after playing the game for a while?

Durante

i feel like escape goat is a game i should've played already
Both the original and its sequel are fantastic puzzle platformers. Highly recommended.

So I'm probably going to grab Pillars of Eternity.

For anyone who has played, should I be getting the expansions as well? Do they add to the overall game, or are they simply a separate segmented section that is added on later in the game or something?

Like would it make sense to just have it all immediately, or buy the white march somewhere down the road after playing the game for a while?
White March is mostly in separate areas, but it makes more sense to play it embedded in the game rather than after you've completed it.

rtcn63

How's the core gameplay (i.e. combat) in Pillars? I'm not really looking for a full-fledged narrative experience at the moment.

yuraya

13.6 million concurrent peak the other day. Really close to 14. It will probably get it during Winter sale. 14.5 for summer sale? 15 million this time next year? Really crazy how fast Steam is growing.

Anno

How's the core gameplay (i.e. combat) in Pillars? I'm not really looking for a full-fledged narrative experience at the moment.

The combat is my favorite thing about the game. If you like RTwP combat then I suspect there's a good chance youll enjoy it as well. There's still a ton of narrative to wade through all the same.

Aaron D.

But I hated the gameplay (well, the balance) of DOS (at launch). Has it changed that much?

I know there was a critical flaw in the pacing of DOS where if you left the first town and headed in the wrong direction, you would get crushed by OP mobs. Essentially the game never told you to stay out of opening areas you were too under-leveled to handle.

Don't know if that info is telegraphed better now, but I do remember it turning me off at first.

rtcn63

I know there was a critical flaw in the pacing of DOS where if you left the first town and headed in the wrong direction, you would get crushed by OP mobs. Essentially the game never told you to stay out of opening areas you were too under-leveled to handle.

Don't know if that info is telegraphed better now, but I do remember it turning me off at first.

I actually played the game at least halfway. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but my melee character's hit percentage and skill cooldowns were absurdly low even when buffed. Even then, I could rarely hit more than one enemy at a time in a field of half a dozen or more. My mage had AoE spells but the damage output was almost negligible at times. Like every encounter felt like a bossfight and not in a good or fair way.

Grief.exe

13.6 million concurrent peak the other day. Really close to 14. It will probably get it during Winter sale. 14.5 for summer sale? 15 million this time next year? Really crazy how fast Steam is growing.

Mainly Uncles that don't realize they are logged in.

Only bought Divinity: Original Sin so far (and a price mistake Life is Strange).

Tempted by Witcher 3 but it's weird knowing that the next Steam sale is coming so soon.

Bundlestars has a 3 Lego games for $10 promo: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/lego-pick-mix

The only Lego game I've played is Lego City Undercover (which I loved). What would people recommend from this list?

e: Oh, you can save 11% with the code CYBERMONDAY11, so really it's 3 games for $8.90

Marvel's Super Heroes was my favourite Lego game. Lego Batman 2 I really enjoyed as well. I haven't played the others in that promotion.

Bundlestars has a 3 Lego games for $10 promo: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/lego-pick-mix

The only Lego game I've played is Lego City Undercover (which I loved). What would people recommend from this list?

e: Oh, you can save 11% with the code CYBERMONDAY11, so really it's 3 games for $8.90

I liked Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Lego Lord of the Rings. I tried The Lego Movie as well, but it's a bad port - not even a widescreen option.

rtcn63

Buy SSD for 250 on Thursday, SSD goes on sale for 220 on Monday. Yep, gonna wait to buy those externals at the last minute (Xmas).

Really happy with my restraint this go-round. Couple big-ticket items and one egghead Early Access game.

Doom
Hitman
Rogue System

Great sale!
I was wondering why rogue system has such a deep discount out of the blue and I saw that the dev needs a second job to continue developing the game because the sales were minimum. It's sad since it's seem an incredible deep game

Hektor

Still waiting for Civ VI (from the price mistake) to be removed from my Steam library. I'm curious on how long it will take.

I don't think they ever removed games that were bought through a price mistake.

I preordered Evolve for 8$, and CIVV: Brave New World for 2$ from traders due to mistakes and those were never removed

Don't be. It's one of four JRPGs I have ever completed. (Chrono Trigger, FFVII, Persona 4, Trails in the Sky).

It's wonderful. Buy it.

it's great, do it.

I just bought it yesterday and played it for around 5 hours. Very good so far.

If it helps, Falcom was quite prescient about quality of life improvement when TitS was made. I'm mediocre at games, and I had a blast with it. The story starts slow but it's something special, especially with its ending.

Woww. Bought!

Pheace

They returned the money and said they were going to so I'm assuming they will. Saw someone post a response from support saying it would be the first of December or something like that. I think they have to go through the publisher.

They returned the money and said they were going to so I'm assuming they will. Saw someone post a response from support saying it would be the first of December or something like that. I think they have to go through the publisher.

im not even sure ive seen the refund yet either

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Not if the mistake was on the Steam Store itself, no, although Trion Worlds forced Valve's hand earlier in the year when it blacklisted the keys Steam had generated for those who bought Rift's Ultimate Edition DLC from the Thai store, where it was mistakenly ~99.5% cheaper. As said users had a worthless product, Valve revoked the licences and refunded everyone the 70c they'd paid.

Aaron D.

I was wondering why rogue system has such a deep discount out of the blue and I saw that the dev needs a second job to continue developing the game because the sales were minimum. It's sad since it's seem an incredible deep game

Awww, that's a shame.

Didn't know sales were slow as I thought the game looked incredible from the moment it showed up on Steam.

Durante

The impression of the combat depends greatly on how much you like RtwP. I love it, so I also really enjoyed the combat.

Vlad

Wow, for the people who said Refunct was short, but good.... well, they're half right.

Picked it up based on the praise people gave it during the sale, and 15 minutes later, it was over. And if it was a really captivating 15 minutes, I'd be fine with it, but it's REALLY boring. You jump on a bunch of pillars over to a button, more pillars pop out of the water, you jump over to a button on the new set, and repeat until the game's over. You have to do some wall jumping at a few parts, and that's the extent of any challenge the game has.

I only paid 98 cents for it, and I still feel ripped off.

Jadax

Wow, for the people who said Refunct was short, but good.... well, they're half right.

Picked it up based on the praise people gave it during the sale, and 15 minutes later, it was over. And if it was a really captivating 15 minutes, I'd be fine with it, but it's REALLY boring. You jump on a bunch of pillars over to a button, more pillars pop out of the water, you jump over to a button on the new set, and repeat until the game's over. You have to do some wall jumping at a few parts, and that's the extent of any challenge the game has.

I only paid 98 cents for it, and I still feel ripped off.

tbf for $1 it's a pretty good game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundlestars has a pick and choose from 3 lego games bundle for 9.78€ (using the cybermonday11 code), its a pretty good deal since it has recent stuff like Jurassic World and Avengers, its only missing Force Awakens.

Might grab Jurassic World and Avengers since its the only 2 besides Force Awakens im missing, and then the Avengers season pass (its either the Avengers season pass or the Lego Batman 3 season pass, and im a Marvel fanboy so)

edit: and im super late with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom