• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys,
I guess it's been a long time since I played that type of game so I will probably give Castlevania a shot.

And Divinity:OS had one of my favorite battle systems in an RPG in recent memory, so if it is that good in coop, I will probably get it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
8mBAB5k.png

Ideal. I'll get SFV then.

Hoping Civ VI is on a bigger deal than 10%

xezuru

Anyone know a good gaming mouse that isn't super expensive? The Deathadder Chroma's on sale right now at Best Buy and I have a gift card, but I was wondering if there are better options. I'm probably going to be using it a lot for Overwatch.

Logitech G 303 - Great mouse for small/medium hands, solid 3366 sensor, if the shape isn't bad for you, cause it's a little weird diamond shape go for it.
Edit: looks like bestbuy pricematched, my site isn't loading completely so I don't know if it's new or refurbished.

Nixeus REVEL - Pretty much same thing , small/medium hands but has the classic intellimousish safe shape, same great 3360 sensor.

The Razer Deathadder Chroma is great performance wise, to me though, it's only for large hands as it's kind of a wide/heavy monster in comparison to mice these days, but it has a 3988 sensor one of the best in the buisiness right now. That said, also personally I don't trust Razer quality/build but that's me, if it's cheap and you don't mind weight, go for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, pay attention to Lost Planet: after the end of GFWL era, playing the game should be hard (some DLLs to install or alternative client?)

The original release of Lost Planet is actually GFWL-free. Capcom didn't jump on the GFWL train until the Colonies Edition re-release, which is a separate game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I actually held steady this sale. I didn't need anything so I didn't buy anything.

Same here, in fact - it's a trend I'm planning on carrying through possibly all of next year as well. I'm thinking of making 2017 the year of backlog destruction.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just got games I had wishlisted that had a big discount (50%+)

Really wanted Civ 6 but 10% off was nothing, so I'll wait.

Monooboe

The finish government has perfect timing, they give me back a little on taxes on the last day of the steam sale.:D Still not going to spend that much, decided on Stanger of the Swordcity, I'm ready for some more dungeon crawling.

Anyone know a good gaming mouse that isn't super expensive? The Deathadder Chroma's on sale right now at Best Buy and I have a gift card, but I was wondering if there are better options. I'm probably going to be using it a lot for Overwatch.

There's a lot of Logitech gear on sale at best buy now too, the ,g400s, g502 and g900 are all great.

Same here, in fact - it's a trend I'm planning on carrying through possibly all of next year as well. I'm thinking of making 2017 the year of backlog destruction.

That was supposed to be 2016 for me but I broke down somewhere along the way.

I blame Overwatch, mostly.

Ascheroth

I actually held steady this sale. I didn't need anything so I didn't buy anything.

The only thing I bought was a 3€ bundle from bundlestars with some games I wanted to own, but am probably never going to really play : p
Still have so many games from the last couple humble bundles, which were great, and God Eater has been eating most of my gaming time as well.
Like that buying stuff doesn't make much sense. Am eyeing a couple things for winter seal though.

Anno

I budgeted $60 and managed to clear a decent amount of my wishlist. I think 11 games total, though it's likely DOOM is the only one to get immediate attention.

dippa

Neo Member
Played a few games that I bought a couple of days ago:

Chroma Squad: an RPG about your own Power Rangers team. Seems cool.

Redout: the next Wipeout/F-Zero wannabe. Great graphics, top sense of speed, excellent music. Might have finally nailed it.

Tower Unite: a virtual environment where you run around and play mini-games like trivia and deck out your condo with a TV and computer that you can set to play certain videos from YouTube if you pay 500 in-game coins. Seems weird in the fun kind of way. I ran around as a gyrating milk carton winning trivia games.

'sup guys. I got spare change after selling some cards and can buy one of those two:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329490

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6510/

Opinions on them? I was going for Battle Grounds but seems like it had controllers bugs and I can't confirm if was fixed or not. Even if I buy and refund it fast enough, I will miss the sale to get Lost Planet.
Just recently played Lost Planet.
Done. Two days, around 7 hours. Linear TPS with mechs. You are on an ice planet and fight giant bug-like monsters. Sounds much better than it actually is. In every single aspect you can feel the budget roots. Writing, story, VO etc. it all is just bad. Gameplay is better but still nothing to boast. Every animation stops you in your tracks, getting in mechs, changing weapon, picking up something. Frustrating at worst, irritating at best. Balancing is off. Your mechs break way too fast while some enemies take minutes of bullet-rain. Same goes for the interesting health mechanic. You collect heat energy from enemies which is your HP basically. This drains steadily. During levels you mostly won't have to care about it but bosses can be very different since you can't collect any heat energy. A few boss-fights became a struggle against the clock because of this. Still, the bosses which all mission ends with are the highlight. They are always different, have their own strategy to beat and generally are exciting.
Overall, I can't recommend this freely. Lack of polish in virtually every department made the completion a hard task. It was barely enough more fun than not that I finished it. Give it a try but lower your expectations heavily.
Haven't played the other.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That was supposed to be 2016 for me but I broke down somewhere along the way.

I blame Overwatch, mostly.

There are a few things I plan on getting - most prominently the Nintendo Switch, but also games like Horizon, Final Fantasy XII Remaster, and any Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games that happen to hit Steam next year. I've also got PS+, XBL Gold, and Gamepump - so it's not like I won't have a steady stream of "new" things to play either.

But I'm going to try cutting down on or eliminating alltogether my "OMG this new game is coming out and I want to play it" tendencies in favor of maybe buying everything I'm kinda sorta interested in around this time next year on the cheap.

The Death Adder Essential is $35 at Amazon and I like it a lot. It's "only" 6500 DPI instead of 10,000 but I highly, highly doubt you'd be able to notice any difference at all. And the "chroma lighting" on the Chroma is more distracting than anything else (and your hand will be covering it up most of the time), the Essential only glows green but it's very easy to shut off the glow entirely anyway.

Amzin

I picked up Titanfall 2 (physical copy off Amazon for like $30), DOOM (GMG), and Voidspire Tactics.

Played and beat TF2 already, really really enjoyed it. Playing through DOOM now, and have to say I like it less than TF2 or Wolfenstein:TNO so far (just finished level 4). All the upgrades and misc traits being locked mostly behind exploring and secrets doesn't feel very DOOM-y to me, actually I would have preferred MORE of that in TF2 and way less in DOOM :p

I think I played roughly as many games as I bought this year. If you discount extra bundle stuff that I didn't actually buy the bundles for, then I played way more games than I bought, so yay for doing something I wanted to do ~

chronomac

I got a Steam code in the email, so enjoy:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition -- MB-6640BE7E0126E80B - Taken by sixteen-bit. 18 entrants total.

t1480380662z1.png

Got State of Decay, the game shows up in your Uplay library like a standard Uplay game and then you just grab the CD Key from there and activate it on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom