• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I don't think they ever removed games that were bought through a price mistake.

I preordered Evolve for 8$, and CIVV: Brave New World for 2$ from traders due to mistakes and those were never removed

Steam store mistakes sure, but I've had keys revoked from price mistakes on other sites several times. When enough money is involved they do it.

rtcn63

Games or Instant Pot... well, I can only make food when a psychotic family member isn't around, so...

Although I'll still probably pick up ESO if it hits $20 again. I just want something to play when I come back from my minimum wage grunt job and am still on auto-pilot.

Yakkue

I played through Alicemare today.

It's a short atmospheric game, with a very sad story and 7 different endings.
There are a lot of riddles to solve, that are fun and neither too hard nor too easy. Though you should definitely save before doing them.
I love the artstyle and the classical soundtrack was very fitting.
First playthrough took me about 2 hours, I got all the endings in 4.5 hours. The first ending I got felt a bit unsatisfying, but that was because I hadn't discovered everything.

aku:jiki

tbf for $1 it's a pretty good game.
With the amount of great games available in the $1-3 range nowadays, not to mention the crazy shit you can get in the $1 tier of a Humble Bundle, that really doesn't cut it anymore even if $1 is obviously not a ton of money.

naib

I told myself I'd be good but got carried away. Again.

In no particular order:

Steam Link + Controller
Ori and the Blind Forest
Towerclimb
Dragon's Dogma
Mafia II <-- can't believe I've never played this. amazing
Critter Crunch
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
7 Days to Die
Shenzhen I/O
Bit Blaster XL
and some DLC for games I already own. Euro truck, Binding of Isaac, etc.

Still fighting urge to get Alien Isolation(have on PS4 but want better performance) and maybe Hitman(also already have starter pack but want PC version). I think I can wait for winter sale though. Lol

rtcn63

True, but apparently it was going in and out cuz people be hammering. I got in on that sweet $12 amazon deal from the wayback.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Any suggestions for some good local couch coop/vs fun for under 10 Euro?

This is what I have right now:

capturelsuis.png

Overcooked, Stikbold, Videoball and N++ are next on my wishlist. Any hidden gems?

I know DST doesn't belong there right now - still hoping for a PS4 like patch
Obliteracers is amazing. Probably the best top down racer since Micro Machines v3.

megalowho

Used this sale mostly for impulse buys and padding my strategy collection on Steam.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
DiRT 3 Complete
Kathy Rain
Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due
Victoria II
Rise of Nations
Age of Empires II HD
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

And thanks to Pokemon Moon, grabbing Forza Horizon 3 on sale and FF XV around the corner I have no idea when I'll touch any of it.

game-boi

Wow, for the people who said Refunct was short, but good.... well, they're half right.

Picked it up based on the praise people gave it during the sale, and 15 minutes later, it was over. And if it was a really captivating 15 minutes, I'd be fine with it, but it's REALLY boring. You jump on a bunch of pillars over to a button, more pillars pop out of the water, you jump over to a button on the new set, and repeat until the game's over. You have to do some wall jumping at a few parts, and that's the extent of any challenge the game has.

I only paid 98 cents for it, and I still feel ripped off.

Your description sold me on this game. I played through it and really loved it. For $1 it's great stuff.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Bought only 2 games and frankly I don't need anything else right now.

bTQLKbZ.jpg

Still tempting to buy something else on Origin, but so far I've managed to dodge that bullet (^__^)

Pheace

Ok once more, everyone with me. Buy Space Rangers HD for $3.74

It's so worth it. Totally caught me off guard and one of my favorite games now. 2000+ reviews and still overwhelmingly positive.

Tizoc

Is it easy to mod street fighter 5? didnt realize you could mod in deadpool etc

might buy it
Wait for winter seal
We are likely getting season 2 info this coming weekend so wait and see how much that bundle'll go for and get that

They returned the money and said they were going to so I'm assuming they will. Saw someone post a response from support saying it would be the first of December or something like that. I think they have to go through the publisher.

I didn't read about a specific date, what they said is:
The interesting thing is that he said, in exact quotes, "...we're still waiting for confirmation how it'll be handled. From what we know, revocation is the most probable scenario, but we're still working with them on best solution." So, according to him, 2K haven't confirmed yet whether they are going to revoke them or not. He may have been uninformed, but I'm gonna wait it out for a bit before I make my purchase.
But still no news

Pheace

I didn't read about a specific date, what they said is:

But still no news

Damn, I'm not going to complain, I have the game sitting in my library, already have the Steam cards as well. Kinda waiting on putting any serious time in till it either remains or the day I end up purchasing it again though :)

Anteater

Is Rambo actually fun (with a mouse)?

haven't tried a mouse but the aiming is incredibly awkward with a controller, the game is a rail shooter so you don't control your camera like you do with fps games, so it takes time to get used to, and then there's autoaim that makes aiming sorta weird (your cursor will stick to the enemies), I'd imagine the mouse control isn't any better

Tizoc

PantsuJo

'sup guys. I got spare change after selling some cards and can buy one of those two:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329490

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6510/

Opinions on them? I was going for Battle Grounds but seems like it had controllers bugs and I can't confirm if was fixed or not. Even if I buy and refund it fast enough, I will miss the sale to get Lost Planet.
Phantom Breaker works really well with X360 controller, in my experience. It should work flawlessly with Steam Controller too.
Also, pay attention to Lost Planet: after the end of GFWL era, playing the game should be hard (some DLLs to install or alternative client?)

Is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow worth 6 euros? I remember hearing it was a pretty good game for what it was.

Also if I want a good coop game do I go with Vermintide, Grim Dawn or Divinity:OS? I remember really enjoying Divinity in single player but have no idea if it's any good as a coop game.

Tizoc

Is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow worth 6 euros? I remember hearing it was a pretty good game for what it was.

Also if I want a good coop game do I go with Vermintide, Grim Dawn or Divinity:OS? I remember really enjoying Divinity in single player but have no idea if it's any good as a coop game.
It is good but it has a good chunk of qtes in boss battles amomg other things
Among its other big flaws
1- camera is fixed like god of war and can make a few enemies tricky to dodge depending on ur position
2- some enemies' unblockable attacks use similar animation to theirnblockable attacks which makes countet really tricky meaning u rely on dodge rolling to avoid attacks

It is a middling game but one worth checking out to judge for yourself if u give it the chance

Anno

Divinity is an amazing co-op game.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Anyone know a good gaming mouse that isn't super expensive? The Deathadder Chroma's on sale right now at Best Buy and I have a gift card, but I was wondering if there are better options. I'm probably going to be using it a lot for Overwatch.

derFeef

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Anomaly 2 -- MB-7071CB2A06DD9629 - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Gold Edition DLC -- MB-EE5DD6EC183BBA3D - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-D2DD190E852C00E4 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-F82708496D0D0309 - Taken by pantsattack. 35 entrants total.

t1480373996z1.png

WarRock

Phantom Breaker works really well with X360 controller, in my experience. It should work flawlessly with Steam Controller too.
Also, pay attention to Lost Planet: after the end of GFWL era, playing the game should be hard (some DLLs to install or alternative client?)
This one doesn't have GFWL, but the expanded version with X360 crossplay does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom