• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
JaseC alert for a game not even on sale:

nfXyRMB.png

Of course, JaseC already owns that game.

Probably worth waiting for the Winter sale since it only gets removed at the end of December.

Just realised the sale ends before I get home from work tomorrow, so I decided to be restrained and just buy the games on my wishlist that were below £1...

Blitz Breaker
Critter Crunch
Curse of the Crescent Isle DX
Insanity's Blade
Out There Somewhere
Refunct
Shelter
Windosill

I was tempted to get a few 80%+ discounts but I figure they'll be on sale for the same (or better) over Christmas anyway.

Nabs

1) Why is Titanfall 2 SP so good.
2) Why isn't this on Steam? The word of mouth would be crazy during sales.
3) Why does it look so good on my aging system? (We know the answer)
4) Not a question: Damn, it feels good to play this with a Steam Controller.

iosefe

a game using valves engine feeling good on valves contorller

ayyy

AcridMeat

Banned
Fucking love Titanfall 2 on PC. So sad it's not on other services. The numbers for the game would be so much better and healthy and I could actually play all the modes. :((

DjRalford

GAME UK found more online stock of the Steam Link just in time - I've got my order in for one, even if I'm not sure quite how much I'll use it just yet.

I've had a steam link and controller for a while, i've only used it 2 or 3 times to play games in bed on the TV, but it works amazingly well.

rtcn63

From actually reading the reviews and watching some videos posted by the big sites, FFXV looks like a 6-7 game that at times comes close to being an 8. The dungeons in particular appear to be a highlight. Game Informer used the word "baffling" quite a bit in their test chamber. There are elements of the game that make it seem like it has no respect for the player's time. 1-10 minute driving sequences that are effectively a disguised loading screen?

I grew with FF, but the series lost me after FFX. (I put a few hours in XII and XIII, but couldn't maintain interest) On the plus side, if/when FFXV comes to PC, it'll hopefully have some serious quality-of-life improvements patched in.

Tizoc

Where can. Het it for $20 or less

Teeth

Same here :/

I got this too - the order list with confirmation number is there, but nothing in my Uplay account and still no email.

That said, my actual order date is listed as Nov 29 (tomorrow).

Code:
Date ordered: 29/11/2016
Order number: 0XXXXXXXX9
Total: C$ 2.81

So maybe I'll get something tomorrow?

Same here :/

I just checked, the email still hasn't arrived.

I got this too - the order list with confirmation number is there, but nothing in my Uplay account and still no email.

Code:

Interesting. I got an "Order confirmed!" email that served as my order confirmation, but it also had my Steam keys in that same email.

Maybe it's dependent on what game was ordered? (i.e. they have to get more keys) For reference, I got State of Decay and Injustice.

Took about 45 minutes from placing the order to getting the email with my Steam keys.

Santini

Code:

Everyone's experience will vary, but I managed to get 2 of my 3 Ubisoft store purchases today within 30 minutes of PayPal payment. The one that didn't go through I have sent in a support ticket to Ubisoft requesting a refund.

I ordered 4 titles (FIFA 17, Hitman Absolution EE, Tomb Raider GOTY, and Titanfall).

As a single group order, my CC was charged, but I didn't receive any email confirmation/receipt, nor did the titles appear in my account. After reading some reddit posters' experiences, the solution that ended up working for me was this:

I had to separate the 4 titles into 2 smaller orders. I paid via PayPal. Didn't get a 404/error after submitting the order, and got receipts as you'd expect. Within 20-30 minutes, all of the games showed up in my account. I redeemed them through Origin and Steam.

tl;dr - Order 1 or 2 titles at a time. Pay via PayPal, not credit card. Hope for the best.

edit 1: prices on the store are now fixed. Party's over!

I got my key for Tropico 5 then State of Decay showed up now just waiting on Shadow of Mordor key to show up and i did get an email finally but the key section for Mordor is blank.

gdt

I'll buy Cod legacy tomorrow then I'll be done. 1 remastered SP of a game I haven't played in years and a new SP campaign that's apparently really good. Sounds like a good deal for me.

Teeth

Everyone's experience will vary, but I managed to get 2 of my 3 Ubisoft store purchases today within 30 minutes of PayPal payment. The one that didn't go through I have sent in a support ticket to Ubisoft requesting a refund.

I ordered 4 titles (FIFA 17, Hitman Absolution EE, Tomb Raider GOTY, and Titanfall).

As a single group order, my CC was charged, but I didn't receive any email confirmation/receipt, nor did the titles appear in my account. After reading some reddit posters' experiences, the solution that ended up working for me was this:

I had to separate the 4 titles into 2 smaller orders. I paid via PayPal. Didn't get a 404/error after submitting the order, and got receipts as you'd expect. Within 20-30 minutes, all of the games showed up in my account. I redeemed them through Origin and Steam.

tl;dr - Order 1 or 2 titles at a time. Pay via PayPal, not credit card. Hope for the best.

edit 1: prices on the store are now fixed. Party's over!

I only ordered one game and I used Paypal. Got a receipt email from Paypal that my order was processed, but nothing from Ubisoft.

I have a strong inkling that they are going to send me nothing, and when I talk to customer support, they are just going to cancel the order :(

inner-G

Banned
I'll buy Cod legacy tomorrow then I'll be done. 1 remastered SP of a game I haven't played in years and a new SP campaign that's apparently really good. Sounds like a good deal for me.
I grabbed it last night - looks great but make sure you have the disk space. ~150GB for both games and multiplayer

Plesiades

Fucking love Titanfall 2 on PC. So sad it's not on other services. The numbers for the game would be so much better and healthy and I could actually play all the modes. :((

I thought that the "Only on Origin" policy was a John Riccitiello thing, but it seems that Andrew Wilson has no plans to change that.

jholmes

Juuuuust got my Order Confirmed! email from Ubisoft, complete with Steam key for Sleeping Dogs. Our national nightmare is over.

I still haven't received an email and Shadow of Mordor is still missing from my Games list in Uplay.

Ubi didn't have a problem taking my money though -__-

Yes, I know it wasn't a lot of money but still.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
GAF, I have decided. Skip FFXV on my PS4 and wait for the inevitable PC release. I've waited this long already. Might as well keep waiting.

O.DOGG

I'm considering Deserts of Kharak. I haven't played the Homeworld games (yet) but I've enjoyed most RTSs over the years. Is DoK worth it at this price for the campaign alone?

zkylon

zkylewd
i love when you throw a coin to try to lure out some guard into a room in hitman and the target shows up instead and saves u the trouble of singling him out lol

hitman coins lol, never stop being funny

Man, I want to get Watch Dogs 2 for PC, but don't really want the Uplay only version, I want a steam copy. Is there any good deals for a Steam version or am I just going to have to wait?

1337Sauce

So just tried to purchase Homeworld with my Paypal account, and it ended up hanging during the part where it usually completes the transaction.

Now the game is in my library, however I can't play it because it says it is still part of a pending transaction. Has anybody experienced this with paypal before, and if so, about how long will it take for me to be able to play this? Don't want to miss out on the sale price if this cancels while I am at work tomorrow!

GAF, I have decided. Skip FFXV on my PS4 and wait for the inevitable PC release. I've waited this long already. Might as well keep waiting.

That was my original plan, but after reading some of the reviews, I can't do that.

I've just ordered a Slim and it'll arrive later today/tomorrow. I'm weak.

clav

So... why didn't anyone remind potential buyers that Wolfenstein New Order was a bad port?

This game seems to be more suited for consoles (1080p/60 fps locked).

Lain

Played a bit of The Enchanted Cave 2 (bought during the sale) and it's quite fun. After a couple runs through the dungeon I was already clearing down to the 72th level. It was fun enough that I restarted my game because I left a kid to die in the dungeon by not giving him my escape item lol.

Gave a whirl to Wheels of Aurelia too, which I won some days ago. Got two endings (
in one I die, in the other I become a F1 driver
), but that says very little since each play session doesn't seem to last too long, though maybe it's also affected by your decisions along the way.
It's... an interesting experience, but also a weird game. I wish I could speed up my dialogue choices once I picked my line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom