• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy Duck

FFS, trying to use PayPal to buy Doom and Hitman and I am just getting

"Your purchase has not been completed.
The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method."

Every time.....all my accounts are verified and it's trying to use my bank account which is verified. What can I do?

Edit: Fixed it by just using my visa card instead of Paypal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

zkylon

zkylewd
For the unlikely case that there is anyone out there who likes games and is not owning it, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is 60% off.

header.jpg

store.steampowered.com/app/4500

Maybe the bundle is also interesting for someone.

header_586x192.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/35983/

I think the lowest sale was at 75% some time ago.
probably a good idea just to buy shadow of chernobyl or call of pripyat rather than the bundle for most people

the games are all pretty much the same and one's probably enough

i do still kind of want to play pripyat for more than an hour but idk i'm too used to soc to play anything else

JaseC

Is today the last day?

Yes. The sale ends in a little over two hours.

Also, is the winter sale going to be the same basically? Wondering if I should grab pillars now or get it later

More or less. Discounts were submitted separately this year, so there'll be differences here and there, but I imagine they'll be identical for the most part.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes. The sale ends in a little over two hours.

Someone should post the Steam OT for December in Community then
Morningbus? MRORANGE? Me?

Speaking of Darksiders: Nordic has not-so-subtly confirmed that existing owners will receive Warmastered for free, and indeed an "unknown app" was added to the game's subs several hours ago. 10am PT is the unlock time, no doubt.

Edit: I'm actually surprised that Nordic remembered about the CZ/JP/RU-specific app. Kudos! I mean, it did take around eight hours, but the apps were added prior to unlock o'clock, which is the important thing.

That's kind of why I'm asking.

My buddy doesn't have the original and I don't have Deathinitive Edition.

I bought cities skylines, endless legend and prison architect. So basically all games I'm terrible at.

You should throw in Offworld Trading Company for the RTS flavor also, then you're set with strategy games for quite a long time.

Ok, you probably already are that, but still! Offworld is fun!

Monooboe

The Valve Complete Pack, does it include all future Valve games or does one have to "complete" it everytime something new comes out? I somehow gotten it in my mind that it does include all future Valve games and now that one can "complete the collection" it isn't that expensive.

JaseC

The Valve Complete Pack, does it include all future Valve games or does one have to "complete" it everytime something new comes out? I somehow gotten it in my mind that it does include all future Valve games and now that one can "complete the collection" it isn't that expensive.

The latter. It's replaced with a new Complete Pack whenever Valve releases a new pay-to-play game. Mac users who pre-ordered the Steam Link were given a special Complete Pack that will include future titles, though, as Valve fell a little behind on the Mac side of its software development and so for a short while said users just had a paperweight.

JaseC

Is it the same for the Friends and Family Complimentary thing?

The F&F sub is updated with new releases, including pre-order incentives but not other promotional DLC. It's essentially the Valve employee sub minus promotional DLC and of course the perk of being able to "purchase" from the store at no cost.

The F&F sub is updated with new releases, including pre-order incentives but not other promotional DLC. It's essentially the Valve employee sub minus promotional DLC and of course the perk of being able to "purchase" from the store at no cost.

Ooooh, shiny!

Thanks Jase!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Where is the gaf steam community/how do I get invited?

If you post a link to your Steam profile here, I'm sure someone will invite you! :)

I would be interested to join the gaf group as well. I got a bunch of co op games this sale (terraria, starbound, dont starve together, aow 3) and id like to play them without the chance of being verbally abused or getting my stuff robbed or both.

delicious bancho is my id.

Tizoc

I would be interested to join the gaf group as well. I got a bunch of co op games this sale (terraria, starbound, dont starve together, aow 3) and id like to play them without the chance of being verbally abused or getting my stuff robbed or both.

delicious bancho is my id.

Better to link you Steam ID, just Righ click on your avatar on Steam and copy the URL Address and post it in here or in the steam thread when it goes up in a few hours.

Wok

Additional games about to appear on the Steam store. I am intrigued by MAIZE, a first-person adventure game about maize.

r3n4ud

New BS bundle for $2.99:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/spectre-bundle

PixelJunk Nom Nom Galaxy
Plantera
RymdResa
Press X to Not Die
The Sandbox
Blacksea Odyssey
Asdivine Hearts
Dandy: Or a Brief Glimpse Into the Life of the Candy Alchemist
Disposable Heroes
Reign of Bullets
Shit. Really nice bundle.

Own them all except for Dandy, but a sweet one anyways.

Edit: for those picking up the bundle or anything else at Bundlestars, use BLACKFRIDAY11 coupon code for 11% off

JaseC

I like how it's mid-2015 and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox.

Update: I like how it's late 2016 and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox. Three-and-a-half years and counting! It's the Steam equivalent of the PS3 clock oversight.

Effect

When does the sale ends?

1pm EST today I think.

Edit:

Ended up only getting a few games this weekend.

The Division
Bastion
Transistor
Cities: Skyline - After Dark DLC

DOOM and No Man's Sky ended up being cheaper buys on GreenManGaming with their additional 10% off their sale price. NMS ended up being $32 compared to Steam's $36 and DOOM ended up being less then $18 compared to Steam's $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom