• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart skipped a beat when this happened. I already thanked Xel personally, but thanks again.

SteamGAF is the best

ibnfzigHxrRbXo.png

I need some new friends!

mrgone

Bought PixelJunk Monsters for $2 at GMG. Good shit.

Ahh damnit, I bought it for $2.50 from Gamersgate yesterday. PixelJunk Shooter for $3.60 is a fantastic deal too

Any Godus impressions people would like to share?

Thinking of getting it

The Giant Bomb quicklook made it seem like a pretty terrible game. It's early access and all, but some of the basic gameplay stuff seemed tedious and more like Plants vs. Zombies than Populous.

Mattiator

Pulled the trigger on deadpool, glad I didn't grab it last month! I didn't do too bad this sale.
Legend of grimrock, max payne 3, castle crashers, gone home, poker night 2.

Wok

There is yet another service to evaluate how much your Steam account is worth. Mine is worth 7 bitcoins (no link, the website is steamdb.info). It feels so little.

There is yet another service to evaluate how much your Steam account is worth. Mine is worth 7 bitcoins. It feels so little.
I am so very glad that I haven't actually spent $1342.01 on the games in my account. Although is this counting the current discounted prices or the base values?

Edit: Says the base prices at the bottom of the list.

Edit 2: It is missing prices for some games though. Mostly ones that lack a store page, but it is even missing Serious Sam HD TSE.

For me it is missing Deus Ex HR and Missing Link, Dirt 2, Serious Sam HD TSE, War of the Roses, and I guess Zen Pinball DLC.

captureduk1c.png

Hardly needs to be said, but Xelios is an amazingly generous person. Well actually it does need to be said, so Xelios is an amazingly generous person.

Milamber

There is yet another service to evaluate how much your Steam account is worth. Mine is worth 7 bitcoins (no link, the website is steamdb.info). It feels so little.

Too late, you started the downward spiral...

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $8888.39
  • Games owned: 730
  • Games not played: 597
  • Percentage: 82%
  • Hours spent: 956.2h

Arthea

I like tag line "get disappointed in your life"

• Worth: $4760.49
  • Games owned: 372
  • Games not played: 243
  • Percentage: 65%
  • Hours spent: 558.6h

Divius

Is Monaco any good? I knew SteamGAF was really excited about it when it just came out, but haven't heard much about it since.

edit: alright

• Worth: 1450,98€
  • Games owned: 123
  • Games not played: 46
  • Percentage: 37%
  • Hours spent: 1,911.0h

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is Monaco any good? I knew SteamGAF was really excited about it when it just came out, but haven't heard much about it since.

Single player's more reliant on "stealth" since you only have x number of characters to use per stage. Multiplayer's what the game is really built for but it turns into more of a party game that way. It can be a lot of fun with the right crowd, I personally would only really recommend it if you have a crew to play with.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Giant Bomb quicklook made it seem like a pretty terrible game. It's early access and all, but some of the basic gameplay stuff seemed tedious and more like Plants vs. Zombies than Populous.

Somehow I don't feel surprised especially when you look at it being a Molyneux stuff

Kabouter

• Worth: $4700.68
  • Games owned: 404
  • Games not played: 187
  • Percentage: 46%
  • Hours spent: 3,294.5h

That percentage is definitely too high, bunch of add-ons and games that I have definitely played are marked as unplayed, but I suppose most people here have that issue.

How Pixel junk games play? Are they fun? Never played any of them.

They are all very different, so that is hard to answer. Generally for each of the games you'll find somebody who will tell you that it is the "amazing one".

Personally I love monsters as a great tower defense game that shines in coop (but there are quirks to the style such as trial and error over long levels).

Eden is a zen like experience. Not my cup of tea, but I can see others loving it.

Shooter didn't really do it for me. It is very much a retro experience which played better on console, but you can find plenty of other oldschool games on steam.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Alright I will do the new silly thing.

• Worth: $7053.85
  • Games owned: 579
  • Games not played: 290
  • Percentage: 50%
  • Hours spent: 5,053.6h

7 bitcoin. Not bad. Kinda like that even 50% rate of games played too.

is Fez worth it? also, fuck I haven't even played half my games? damn,

• Worth: $1789.66
  • Games owned: 161
  • Games not played: 85
  • Percentage: 53%
  • Hours spent: 1,104.0h

Tizoc

My Steam account is worth $3531.32
Games owned on Steam: 284
Games not played: 270 (95%) [I have my reasons...]

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This is a high percentage, but I do have a section on my Steam of games that I will never play. :|

• Worth: $1003.26
  • Games owned: 83
  • Games not played: 59
  • Percentage: 71%
  • Hours spent: 145.0h

Milamber

The first 4-5 hours are good. The rest of the game is a giant pile of steaming shit. Overall, bad game. Sorry :(

I can attest to that, it gave me the exact same WTF as FarCry 2.
Finding out that there is a second desert/island to finish made me lose all interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom