• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I played two sessions of reus yesterday. Each session were 30 minutes long.
You start with am empty world and create life with four giants with different elemental powers.
When there is a village you need to complete challenges in order to complete their buildings. You complete their challenges by creating resources from the giants different powers. They gain new powers when you complete the challenges.
That's pretty much you will do in each session. Nothing carries over to a new session.

It's a fun God game, but it can be repetitive in long term. I recommend it

oipic

Have read/heard that Reus can get a little grindy after several sessions, but the general consensus seems to be that it's worth getting to that stage. This price looks a great jumping on point for anyone with any doubt.

Arthea

You start with am empty world and create life with four giants with different elemental powers.
When there is a village you need to complete challenges in order to complete their buildings. You complete their challenges by creating resources from the giants different powers. They gain new powers when you complete the challenges.
That's pretty much you will do in each session. Nothing carries over to a new session.

Nothing carries over? How long are sessions?

And talking about Godus, anybody played it and can explain in more detail what's unfinished about it and such.

Arthea

I suppose at this point in the game it's not even about price anymore, but more about whether a game is worth it to invest my limited time into it lol :(

Ya, that's the case. I most likely buy it regardless, but it would be nice to know do I need to play it or not. I want a nice god game to play.

Deques

Nothing carries over? How long are sessions?

And talking about Godus, anybody played it and can explain in more detail what's unfinished about it and such.
Each session were 30 minutes as I mentioned. You can continue to free play after the session but nothing will unlock. Oh you unlock stuff if you complete each sessions tasks.
I think there are 60 minutes sessions too

header_292x136.jpg

Mutant Mudds Deluxe Steam keys from Indie Royale's Harvest bundle has finally been added.

You should play it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion Steam Key -- MB-71F334B8703E0BD9 - Taken by Delibes
Mark of the Ninja Steam Key -- MB-D2CB653A7ED7C20B - Taken by JDSN
Dear Esther Steam Key -- MB-74D128757C85D24A - Taken by Tesseract
Broken Sword: Directors Cut Steam key -- MB-0AD77116F8CE23C6 - Taken by Camel Master
Planets Under Attack Steam Key -- MB-71CDB7701F345F6A - Taken by NingenJanai
Ion Assault Steam Key -- MB-F5DCA81D3425AFD0 - Taken by EmergentFocus
Worms Reloaded Steam Key -- MB-27707326E50E1CE4 - Taken by wetflame

Arthea

Each session were 30 minutes as I mentioned. You can continue to free play after the session but nothing will unlock. Oh you unlock stuff if you complete each sessions tasks.

Thanks!
dunno why I missed 30 minutes part, sorry about that.

Thanks for Broken Sword, I'll promise to play it - Im actually on a on roll right now, started Skyrim and Civ5 just a few hours ago so thats two new games I've launched.

Dr Dogg

Well today and tomorrow have the potential to be very expensive days what with all the titles that already had a large discount and others that won't go any further. Saying that is anyone making the last day of the sale thread or is the Shark sleeping with the fishes?

from my memory....you start with 30 minutes, then 60, and finish up with 90 minute session.

I think

I somehow got into the Alpha for Magicka: Wizard Wars a while back and seem to have a spare key to give away...

(It's also in the current Yogscast Humble Bundle, I believe)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka Wizard Wars Alpha -- MB-AB2D6F54E2955B8E - Taken by bigwinnerx. 2 entrants total.

t1385986640z1.png

On the one hand, I want to try Civ V.. On the other, I know I should wait for the inevitable Civ V complete for <$10 deal..

Oh well, I'll hold on.

Arthea

No way gmg, I'm not buying more TW games. gmg sale should have been named TW sale!

other discounts
The Walking Dead & 400 Days DLC Pack (steam) -75%
TW franchise sale -75%
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav -75%
TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre -50%

edited: bonus is 80% of selected titles, now I'm looking into it.

edit 2: of bonus games only 3 are steam games:
Space Rangers HD -30%
Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -75%
GalCiv II: Ultimate Edition -75%

Copons

Basically Reus works like this:
you start with just the 30 mins session unlocked, you play it and achieve something (like I dunno, a village with more than 100 people); when you have achieved X achievements you unlock the next session, which is 60 mins. And so on. I unlocked until 2 hours, but then it starts to be pretty hard to manage everything aimed to achievements.

The entire game, anyway, revolves on in-game achievements, that other than new sessions, give you more stuff to build, gather and improve.
So, let's say that the game is somewhat "collectible" based, and that could or couldn't be a good thing for you.

For me is fine, but I found that the core gameplay choice (the 2D circular world), while pretty and original, become slightly unmanageable deeper in the game, when you have several civilizations scattered around and you start forgetting who is doing what.

Also, I must say that I haven't played Reus for months, so probably there have been some new patches I missed that could change and improve the gameplay.

No way gmg, I'm not buying more TW games. gmg sale should have been named TW sale!

other discounts
The Walking Dead & 400 Days DLC Pack (steam) -75%
TW franchise sale -75%
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav -75%
TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre -50%

edited: bonus is 80% of selected titles, now I'm looking into it.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart is reaallllly tempting me, but that one's only 30% off. I think I can wait. Probably. Maybe.

bummer, just noticed that Space Rangers HD had only -30%, was already ready to buy it. Oh well, there is always next sale. Bonus 80% is misleading (><)

I know. I spent a couple of minutes pummeling F5 in the hope that the price would change... but no. 30% is the price quoted in their blog post, so it is what it is :(

derExperte

Not exactly: the game hasn't been released yet, but Shadow Warrior and VCD proper do come with a bite-size version featuring Shadow Warrior-based content.

And with that I just now realized Viscera Cleanup Detail is a whole game and not just some silly bonus content for SW. Wow.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3205.68
  • Games owned: 272
  • Games not played: 119
  • Percentage: 44%
  • Hours spent: 915.0h

915 hours is 38 days or 5 1/2 weeks.

Thank god I don't have Football Manager in steam. It would add up to months, maybe years.....

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3205.68
  • Games owned: 272
  • Games not played: 119
  • Percentage: 44%
  • Hours spent: 915.0h

915 hours is 38 days or 5 1/2 weeks.

Thank god I don't have Football Manager in steam. It would add up to months, maybe years.....

Games owned 140
Games not played 31 (22%)
Hours spent 5,253.8h
Account worth $1995.86

I try to only buy games that I'm really interested in and I'm pretty sure I will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom