• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Overall, bought more than I though I would. Looking to slow down a bit in the buying department for sure, and start playing the games. I think I'll buy some games in winter sale but after that, I stop looking for deals and just buy the best humble bundles and focusing on reducing my backlog.

Good luck with that, you just bought civ v.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ah so this is the last of the sales?

Was hoping for a better sale on Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Stalker: Call of Pripyat. But that's ok.

Including Amazon sales I've picked up:

- The Binding of Isaac
- Dishonored GOTY Edition
- Skyrim Legendary Edition
- Evoland
- Far Cry 3
- Half Minute Hero
- Just Cause 2
- Metro: Last Light
- Outlast
- Papa & Yo
- Portal 2
- Race ON
- Sequence
- Spelunky
- Star Wars: KOTOR II
- State of Decay
- Thomas Was Alone
- Trials Evolution Gold Edition
- Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
- Kingdoms of Amalur

Wow. Didn't realize it was that much....

Ok, no more buying any games til Dark Souls 2 and TitanFall in March. lol Seriously this time.

Nabs

You're supposed to wait for Amazon to price match Steam during the Holiday sale so you can stockpile those $5 January coupons.

Wait, Don't Starve was at a better price than 8,99$ during the sales? How could I have missed that!! Nooooo.

I'll wait ti'll the PS4 version then.

I'm curious to see what's the final deals today, as of now I have bought so many games, but I still have another 25-35$ to put on good games.

Games I've bought on the autumn deal:

Deadlight
Dust
State Of Decay + DLC breakdwon
The Witcher 1&2
Sleeping Dogs
Dishonored
Skirim: Legendary edition
Metro 2033
Bioshock Infinite
Far Cry 3
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

So many games already to look forward to!

derExperte

You're supposed to wait for Amazon to price match Steam during the Holiday sale so you can stockpile those $5 January coupons.

I bought Star Trek there but didn't get anything.

Okay, nvm.

Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Overall, bought more than I though I would. Looking to slow down a bit in the buying department for sure, and start playing the games. I think I'll buy some games in winter sale but after that, I stop looking for deals and just buy the best humble bundles and focusing on reducing my backlog.

I remember telling somebody towards the end of 2011 that I'd probably spend more on GOG in 2012 than Steam as I owned just about everything I actually wanted. Then the Summer Sale happened and a switch was flicked.

Apdiddy

Bought:

Outlast
Wasteland
Wizardry 6, 7 & 8
Gone Home
Sanctum 1 & 2
Final Fantasy VII
Poker Night 1 & 2
Audiosurf
The Stanley Parable
Shadow Warrior
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures

And that's been it. I may get Blood of the Werewolf before the end or just wait until the Winter Sale. Amnesia A Machine For Pigs I'll wait on as well. Unless something changes, Valdis Story and Risk Of Rain will have to wait as well. Almost bit on Natural Selection II and Guns of Icarus Online until I realized I wouldn't ever play them.

Arthea

no more games

If you want, you could find my many posts in steam threads (after summer sale) how I'm not buying anything till winter sale. In that time, including this sale, my library increased by more than 100 games (><)
I blame Jasec and Xelios, they show very bad example of restrain.
just kidding, you are good people

I keep getting a glitch in Skyrim when in first-person view: flashing yellow light when I'm close to fire. It doesn't bother me that much because weirdly I like playing Skyrim in third-person view. I googled that it is related to anti-aliasing and it can be fixed by changing the AA to application controlled or something. I have a Radeon graphics card, where can I change the settings for it? Do I need to install an application?

I remember telling somebody towards the end of 2011 that I'd probably spend more on GOG in 2012 than Steam as I owned just about everything I actually wanted. Then the Summer Sale happened and a switch was flicked.

...I'm doomed.

is there 1 more day of deals or thats it ???

it says "new deals in 03:51:00 " so there should be 1 more day .

still after cheapest crysis 3 and assassins creed 4, help please ???

Papers, Please - $4.99

That's it. I was expecting, since this was the first big Steam sale since I got my "gaming rig", that I would have loaded up on games, but nothing was really jumping out at me. I was hoping for a huge DmC sale, but most of the games I wanted I found elsewhere (ie. Humble Store).

I'm so bummed that the one game I wanted - Gone Home - I was unable to see the sales while it was up for $5. Damnit, damnit, damnit.

Edit: damage

Fallout: New Vegas GOTY
Skyrim: Dragonborn
Civilization V: Brave New World
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (already in love)
Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Lain

Valdis Story: Abyssal City

Anybody got opinions on this? it looks decent. And there is a discount.

There's a pretty nice demo that features the start plus 3/4 boss battles (not on Steam though) if you want to give the game a try. Just search for the Valdis thread that was made, there should be a link to the demo in there.
Judging from the demo, the game seems really good. It looks nice, it's fast and responsive and kicking ass feels great.

I bought it today and the game proper feels even better than the demo.

Grief.exe

That's a good point.

Papers, Please - $4.99

That's it. I was expecting, since this was the first big Steam sale since I got my "gaming rig", that I would have loaded up on games, but nothing was really jumping out at me. I was hoping for a huge DmC sale, but most of the games I wanted I found elsewhere (ie. Humble Store).

Valve has created quite the competitive platform on the PC, you will find that most of your pickups will probably be away from steam.

Shepard

Enslaved for that price, yay or nay? I was really hoping for a 50% deal on Steam :(

still after cheapest crysis 3 and assassins creed 4, help please ???

Assassins Creed 4 is 50% on Amazon, I think that's its lowest price yet.
Crysis 3 was ~70% off some days ago also on Amazon, but looks like it's back to its regular price, I'd wait If I were you.

Papers, Please - $4.99

wait for the Winter Seal and that'll all change.

Fireblend

Banned
no but it's going to be glorious. I spent so much time in terraria and this looks like a huge step forward forward for the genre.

I think it's supposed to maintain the $15 price point throughout early access.

Edit: Oh, and no, same price: $15.

Oh ok. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on the $15 price point. Still got some Wii U & 3DS games to burn through before I get into PC gaming again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's a good point.

If there is to be another set of sale Dailies then it wouldn't end until the fourth, which would be at odds with the banner image. Valve simply didn't update the phrasing used with the countdown timers to reflect the fact that the sale is ending coincident with today's store update.

Edit: Plus, if you click through to any of the non-featured deals, you'll see this:

AUTUMN SALE! Offer ends in 03:37:48

Edit edit: To clarify, the sale ending doesn't necessarily preclude an encore. See: The 2012 Winter Sale.

Echoplx

Holding out until January in hope that they will get the games you want for the promotion is kind of risky though.

What I bought comes to:

Skyrim Legendary: $20.39
Gone Home: $4.99
Max Payne 3: $6.99
Contagion: $3.74
Dishonored GOTY: $13.59
Brutal Legend and Dust Elysian Tail: $6.23
Total: $55.93

Maybe slightly more than I was planning to spend but there was a time when I would pay $60 for one game. 7 games for $56 isn't too bad.

Jawmuncher

I'm hoping for some good picks on the January coupon sale.
I'm not going to hold out for the selection during the winter sale but if there's something I want and the coupon adds a good discount I'll grab it. Last Year I grabbed Hotline Miami 2 since at that time 4.99 was the cheapest it had been. So glad I grabbed that game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I only got Final Fantasy VII, Dishonored GOTY (dat price error) for the Brigmore Witches DLC, and Far Cry 3 (been eyeing it for a while and I'll start it now that I'm done with JC2).

The summer sale was insane for me, so I didn't buy a lot this time because I own most of what was at the price of a candy bar, and I already had all that got a decent discount and would fit in my "will be played soon enough" criteria. I almost nabbed Skyrim but I try to stick to one open world game at a time. Decided to skip on a few indies too (Rogue Legacy, Dust, Papers Please and Gunpoint), I'm not in a hurry and there's always the next sale/bundle for those.

edit: got the current Indiegala bundle and Papo & Yo for $1 on Indiegamestand but those don't count. :p

Haunted

Torchlight II
Papo & Yo
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Commandos 3 - Destination Berlin
Hammerwatch
Divekick

Total: 13,50€, that's 2,25€ per game.

Acceptable.

Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls were real tempting, but common sense prevailed for Max Payne and I still have some hope Dark Souls will get patched to remove GFWL (and thus become available for family sharing).

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Haha, come to think of it, I've been meaning to play through Singularity again on the PC. Thanks for the reminder!

And you just reminded me of this game. But damn, I looked it up on Steam and the ESRB is still $30. Guess I'm not replaying it.

Jawmuncher

I grabbed more this Autumn sale than I did the summer sale.
Everything during the summer sale I already had that I wanted (I wasn't patient).
Regardless here's my haul between steam and Amazon

Enslaved
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Star Trek
Shadow Warrior
Castlevania
Dust: An Elysian Tale
AVGN Adventures
Prototype 2

(These are all of the top of my head so I might have missed one)

And you just reminded me of this game. But damn, I looked it up on Steam and the ESRB is still $30. Guess I'm not replaying it.

We rate games by price now lol.

Dansk

Neo Member
Got a decent chunk of my wishlist, with pretty minimal monetary hit:

Rogue Legacy ($5.09)
Spelunky ($3.74)
Dust: An Elysian Tail (3.74)
CS:GO ($3.74) - Didn't really go in looking for this, but for that price I figured why not. I grew up with the original CS mod, so maybe nostalgia played a bit of a factor too.

Total: $16.31 - seems like pretty good value for 4 well respected games. It also seems to show that I'm starting to prefer small budget over big budget titles these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom