• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Assassin's Creed III still garbage on PC? Looking at the Amazon sale and $7.50 is tempting.

It's a little better but there are still egregious performance issues in cities and the snow-filled Frontier. Black Flag doesn't perform quite as well as it should, either, but it's definitely more consistent (I've not seen the framerate dip below ~50fps on my system).

iQz0RpZFjn54T.jpg

Bioshock 2, and BI for that matter, really cleaned up and streamlined, in a good way, the combat from B1. They had this two hand system where left click activated your main weapon and right click your power.

The reason Bioshock 2 was so much better than BI in this regard, is the options that you had at your disposable. There were about 10 weapons you could carry at one time, each with different secondary uses and ammo types.
Tackling each encounter with the plethora of weapons and powers you had at your disposal actually kept the game very fresh.

Why? the DLC has been subpar so far. In fact, the whole game is subpar.

I would recommend holding off indefinitely. Or rolling through on easy to experience the story. Increasing the difficulty only makes the enemies bullet sponges, and ends up highlighting some of the gross shortcomings with the gameplay.

I wouldn't be so hard on the game. The last half-hour (after the final boss) is one of the most amazing experiences I've had in years

Nymphae

Banned
Damnit I wish PSN had sales like this. I want to try Spelunky but I'd so much rather play it on Vita. I really don't want to drop 15 bucks and end up hating it.

I see FarCry 3 is on sale for $7.50 @ Amazon.

Any chance Steam will drop the price of FC3? I'd rather buy it through Steam since I have some extra Steambuxx.

True but I changed weapons between battles, used the rifts and skylines as much as I could. Felt more dynamic than the fights in B2 (which were fun too, not dissing 2) to me.

The vigors are pretty cool to use as well and adds more options. I use the crow vigor almost every gunfight, it's my favorite so far.

So Saints Row IV from Amazon, no problems for Australians right? if I activate it, it'll be uncensored, no need to use a vpn or anything?

And the Season pass, it's actually a little bit cheaper on AU steam, but doesn't come with the Rectifier, worth the extra couple bucks or what?

Thorgal

Fellow GAFfers I installed Dark Souls PTDE, downloaded DSfix, put in the correct folder and the only thing I changed there was, based on a GAFfer advice "unlimitedFPS" from 0 to 1.

I also disabled AA, resolution is 1920*1080. Game looks great and right now I don't think I may want to add more Mods since I'm horrible with such things and I'm afraid to mess it up.

However, every now and then I see some Horizontal lines on the screen. Is there anything I can do to make it better? Thanks in advance, I'm bad with these things...

From what you describe it could be screen tearing .

Do you have a 60 hrz monitor ?

one thing you could try is lowering the framerate in dsfix to just below 60 FPS IE. 58 .59 fps.

JaseC

So Saints Row IV from Amazon, no problems for Australians right? if I activate it, it'll be uncensored, no need to use a vpn or anything?

And the Season pass, it's actually a little bit cheaper on AU steam, but doesn't come with the Rectifier, worth the extra couple bucks or what?

You'll need to use a VPN to activate the key (Spotflux is free), but, yes, the game will be uncensored.

Edit: Actually, Australia isn't mentioned in the list of restricted countries, so you shouldn't need the VPN.

Fellow GAFfers I installed Dark Souls PTDE, downloaded DSfix, put in the correct folder and the only thing I changed there was, based on a GAFfer advice "unlimitedFPS" from 0 to 1.

I also disabled AA, resolution is 1920*1080. Game looks great and right now I don't think I may want to add more Mods since I'm horrible with such things and I'm afraid to mess it up.

However, every now and then I see some Horizontal lines on the screen. Is there anything I can do to make it better? Thanks in advance, I'm bad with these things...

Put the game in windowed full screen. Fixed the issue for me. Should be instructions either on the DSFix page or thread on how to do it.

Anteater

man this weekend is gonna be a blast with dishonored and bioshock infinite! Still got 2 more eps to go through for walking dead too

feel

Still on the fence about Euro truck 2. I'm afraid it's gonna be one of those games I play once, really enjoy it but never touch it again. Same for Surgeon Sim.

Bought Dark Souls and CSGO on the same day, I think I'm all done with this sale...? Almost makes me sad :p
Two amazing games that will give you countless hours of high quality entertainment for less than $10, don't be sad you did good.

-Deimos

Got the Half Life 2 Bundle from Steam and Metro Last Light from Amazon. Waiting on AC4 to go on flash sale now or during Christmas.

JaseC

Can the Dishonored DLC be played without playing the main game? Already played it on 360.

Yes.

Edit: Is it news to anybody else here that GMG sells Valve games? It was pointed out to me in the Uplay sucks thread and judging from the earliest Orange Box review they were added back in June or so.

So far I've obtained:

Dead Island Riptide
Dishonored GOTY
Bioshock Infinite
Assassin's Creed 3

I'm on a roll lately! Last Steam sale I got a few games, but this one I've got some really good games for insane prices. For now I'm waiting for Max Payne 3 to go on sale, and Deadly Premontion as well. Those will probably be my last 2 purchases unless some big sale happens on a game like Dishonored had.

JaseC

Are you sure? They're not standalone, I remember the DLC being buried within the main game's level select.

I think we've interpreted his post differently. I thought he was asking if he can play the DLC without first finishing the main campaign.

HL2 bundle will probably be cheaper in the winter sale right?

Each Valve game is going to be discounted further at some point during this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom