• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This is ridiculous - I've bought a dozen games in the past two days?

It's like Valve is holding me upside down and shaking all my cash onto the floor.

Still on the fence about Euro truck 2. I'm afraid it's gonna be one of those games I play once, really enjoy it but never touch it again. Same for Surgeon Sim.

Two amazing games that will give you countless hours of high quality entertainment for less than $10, don't be sad you did good.

I got Euro Truck sim 2 so that when I get the Oculus rift I can have a full truckin' experience. I might delve into the game before hand, but I really want to play it with the Rift.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

It's like Valve is holding me upside down and shaking all my cash onto the floor.

The best part is when you realize they sold you stuff you will never play.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Thanks!

Not sure what to do now D:
If Amazon has the trilogy for $15, nab that. They're all worth playing. For me, it's Bioshock 2 >Bioshock >Bioshock Infinite.

And as others have said, play System Shock 2 as well.

Isn't the game Steamworks though?

If so it would activate it on Steam even if you buy it on Origin.

I have no idea. I didn't even know that was possible.

If you can, then you could add another $10 game to that and use one of the $10 promo codes that are all over the internet. 2 games for $20. Not bad.

Grief.exe

Honest question : is Shadow warrior going to be any lower then it is now ?

Its 50% off at 17.50 EU

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg

RM8

The best part is when you realize they sold you stuff you will never play.
I'm trying to be strong this time. I almost bought Cities in Motion 2 last night, but I know I don't typically play these games for long. This is hard :(

Also, Spelunky is mine.

Visual Representation of this event:

xbUlanw.gif

Think of the bright side though; soon you'll be completely broke and you'll own every single game; when the next sale comes you'll have nothing left to buy (although rather than celebrate the savings, you'll join those of us who become displeased that money isn't being offered on even more games which will never be played)! EDIT: It's best not to use one of those websites which reveals all of the games you own yet have not yet played, it just ends up depressing.

Although if you want to indulge yourself further, this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/221640/?snr=1_7_15__13 is a really fun game which is highly addictive, even though it is extremely tough, and is very cheap at the moment.

EDIT: The best way I've found for managing funds (well, other than buying everything) is to add money to your Steam Wallet and ensure you stick to buying only from that Steam Wallet.It puts a bit more urgency on you as you see the number gradually dwindle and are reminded that the sale is actually taking a large amount of funds. As it approaches zero, the worry of "if I get this, maybe something else I want will go on sale tomorrow and I won't have enough to buy it" leads to much more conservation with your funds. Adding the games you are interested in to your wishlist, and only purchasing from there so as not to be tempted by the wall of sales on the front pge also helps.

Picked up Rogue Legacy, Gunpoint and Spelunky so far. I'm pretty satisfied with my pick-ups and may wait to buy anything else until the Winter Sale.

Unless Guacamelee goes on sale.

Anyone who's remotely interested in "rogue-likes" or polished platforming should buy Spelunky, period. Otherwise you're a fool who doesn't deserve to be licked in the face by a pug.

You'll need to use a VPN to activate the key (Spotflux is free), but, yes, the game will be uncensored.

Edit: Actually, Australia isn't mentioned in the list of restricted countries, so you shouldn't need the VPN.

How likely are Steam to ban your account if you use a VPN to unlock an US Steam code?

Kanokare

Shoot. Woke up late and forgot to set alarm for 10 AM for the reset and missed that Dishonored GOTY for 3 dollars >_< At least Dreamhack is still on for CS:GO!

masterkajo

Yes I do have a 60 hertz monitor fellow GAFfer (had to double check it, that's how amateur I am at specs, heh!)

Thanks for the tip!

As was said already, windowed fullscreen mode should fix screen tearing. It can be enabled in DSfix.ini under "borderlessFullscreen" and change it from 0 to 1.
Or you could use D3DOverrider which also helps me to get rid of screen tearing when everything else fails.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How likely are Steam to ban your account if you use a VPN to unlock an US Steam code?

You'd literally have to be the unluckiest person in the world:

The SSA prohibits using a VPN at all, but to date there are no reports of anybody having their account restricted for using one for reasons other than circumventing regional pricing. I myself been using VPNs on-and-off to activate region-locked keys and unlock games early since DE:HR and haven't encountered any trouble, and many other GAFers are in similar situations.
----------

saoirsehi5.gif

Tesseract

Banned
all right i'm checking out, here's my damage:

$10.87 said:
Dishonored GOTY

$9.99 said:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition

$19.44 said:
Skullgirls: Character Color Bundle
Legend of Dungeon
The Pit Special Edition DLC Steam Store and Retail Key
Bleed
La-Mulana
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils

$40.30 total and i'm spent, rest of my wallet is saved for ultra street fighter iv and dark souls 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I ALREADY OWN IT ON XBOX AND I BOUGHT IT AGAIN

PLUS THE DLC

What is wrong with me.

This is how it starts. Here's a look at your future:

Speaking of, my Max Payne collection is now complete:

maximummaxwwc79.jpg

4 Max Payne 1s (French, Italian, Russian, rest-of-world).
4 Max Payne 2s (German, Italian, Russian, rest-of-world).
And just the one Max Payne 3 (universal).

Thanks again to Accent, Copons, Tenrius and The_Super_Inframan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom