• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asharakk

I bought Saints Row 4 without thinking about the region lock, any American that would like to buy it for $12?
Transaction via Paypal or a trade for Metro Last Light would be preferred.

Edit: PM if interested.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is Euro truck simulator any good?
I dunno. I think certain people will find it very enjoyable, especially if you're the type that can just relax and chill out to some music or listen to radio while you play a game.

But otherwise, I cant really say its a good 'game'. The driving can be painfully slow, especially when you're pulling away from a stop. The visuals get repetitive. There's very little fanfare about discovering a new city since its usually the same as any other(laughably tiny and the same 3 or 4 streets as any other). You can be quite successful fairly early on.

Its got its charm but I think its very much a novelty game.

Unicorn

wife is coming home from work in like 4 hours. this is about to go downnnnnn

999634_10151866289188515_139227038_n.jpg

srsly guys buy witcher 2 when you get a chance

They fix the combat?

So apparently ModBod will work here (thanks Turfster).
Here are some games up for grabs from the WB Humble Bundle. Keys will need the https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key= added in front.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-70B5E7F1629077F9 - Taken by Justinh
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-AA123CED26C802DB - Taken by 2n2
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-98F5575DAB5D734A - Taken by crazyrabbits
F.E.A.R -- MB-6E06F7084DF4F56B - Taken by Spazo
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-38831887A35137AC - Taken by TheAutomator
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-4AD497BF81EA1570 - Taken by Mugatu
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-817582DCA21DE861 - Taken by Nostalgic Windy
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-3DA642C1CC76A387 - Taken by Kadin
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-B9748D3340D6359A - Taken by mannerbot

Ceebs

I found Witcher 2 much less interesting than the first. Especially when it came to music.

Agree with this. I like the much more focused original. You feel like you explored every inch of Vizima and it's surrounding areas by the end of the game. Witcher 2 lost something in it's transition to a game with a more "epic" scope.

The sequel is still an amazing game though.

XShagrath

Hit 250 games today with the purchase of Saints Row IV over at Amazon. The $5 off voucher from Saints Row The Third made it even sweeter.

Still contemplating picking up Batman Origins and LEGO Marvel today before they go back up in price.

Haven't bought anything so far, but today's my birthday, so…

I'm interested in Bioshock Infinite, but I guess I'll wait until it's 5$. On the other hand, what I'm really waiting for is Deadly Premonition @ 75% off (realistically, 66% off).

Oh well. Guess I'll buy Spelunky or Rogue Legacy or something.
Even if I'm too busy enjoying Super Mario World 3D right now :D

Piecake

Damn you games, stop being so cheap! I can't help but buy you at that price.

Dark Souls, Costume Quest and Spelunky.

I know that is probably not close to what anyone would consider excessive, but I don't play a whole lot of games anymore and am incredibly cheap, so its a lot for me! Luckily that comes to a total of about 15 bucks. I'll keep on telling myself that.

Supposedly. I haven't played since the last major patch.

I never did finish TW2 because every time I'm midway... they release a super huge awesome patch and I have to start my game over =(

Ironically I thought the second half of it was very poor (first half was brilliant), so you may just be doing it right.

I woke up to a gift of surgeon sim from Mabz this morning. By far the best way to wake up, thank you!

JoeBoy101

Haven't bought anything so far, but today's my birthday, so…

I'm interested in Bioshock Infinite, but I guess I'll wait until it's 5$. On the other hand, what I'm really waiting for is Deadly Premonition @ 75% off (realistically, 66% off).

Oh well. Guess I'll buy Spelunky or Rogue Legacy or something.
Even if I'm too busy enjoying Super Mario World 3D right now :D

Definitely would recommend Rogue Legacy. Well worth the money.

GeekyDad

Anyone know what defines "partial controller support" for Half-Life 2 (without offering your opinions about m&k control)? It's on sale, wanna buy it, but I first want to know if I'll be able to effectively use my 360 controller.

Thanks

Anyone know what defines "partial controller support" for Half-Life 2 (without offering your opinions about m&k control)? It's on sale, wanna buy it, but I first want to know if I'll be able to effectively use my 360 controller.

Thanks
In the case of the source engine games, I think it means that the controller will work in gameplay, but menus and options still need a mouse.

Still contemplating picking up Batman Origins and LEGO Marvel today before they go back up in price.

Yeah, I'm tempted to get Arkham Origins. I think I'll hold off though to see if it goes on sale on Steam or maybe just hold off until the Holiday Sale since I have enough of a backlog as is.

So for some reason, taking screenshots in BPM opens up the BPM overlay as well. This didn't happen before.

I thought it was a problem with my uplay copy of ACIV at first, but Batman: AA is having the same problem now.

fantomena

I have so far not purchased a single thing on this Steam sale (will purchase ETS2: Gping East DLC), but Alpha protocol, Batman: AO and Enslaved from Amazon. Hoping for Deadly Premonition, Shadow Warrior and maybe something else.

Haha sorry.
Might get a chance if I have to repost anyhow. This thread moves so quick I have a feeling some keys will remain unclaimed :¬p
Nah, it's not your fault. It was actually pretty smart overall to post that today, it's been a week since the last super huge giveaways. I do hope people jump on those, FEAR is supposed to be awesome.
:(
:p

Scythian

I want Spelunky, but I don't know if I should buy it for the Vita instead, I like the idea of handheld spelunky, but I don't know what's the general consensus from people who've played it. So should I buy it for PC or Vita?

Big-E

Trine 2 a get or not? 90% off is something that wakes my wallet even if its garbage. Thought the first Trine was mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom