• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a gifting war between you and JaseC would be interesting to watch

you mean between each other, or giveaways? lol. either way I need to get paid first for that to happen, im tapped, and the money i SHOULD have is stuck in paypal limbo after a refund.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm wasnt Captain Morgane in some bundle? i remember seeing it...somewhere. Wheres Jasec when you need him, I bet he has every game that has a .1% chance of getting a stem key memorized

Thanks to the sales, I finally gave some Klei games a spin - and god, do they suck. Gave up on Mark on the Ninja after the first level and didn't even feel like finishing the first level of Shank 2. The presentation is great, but the controls are absolutely terrible. I never felt in control, everything seems secondary to the animations, with no input buffering as far as I can tell. Just floaty and "indirect", for the lack of a better term. And while that's mostly just annoying in a stealth game, it's completely unacceptable in a fast action game.

this is false

Rhaknar

I overspent by a fair amount. :( I've been keeping a list of people I need to repay, though.

you didnt "need" to repay anything tho, thats not why I gifted Valdis, hopefully you know that. >_>

But more importantly, Captain Mograne, was it not in some bundle? o_O

bonesquad

Maybe, but the controls still suck. As I said, it's nowhere near as bad as Shank 2. Just annoying, really.

I always felt one of the best parts of Mark of the Ninja was how good it controlled. {{shrugs shoulders}}

And WTF at the card market? Over 50 cents now? And when I looked an hour ago there was 75,000 cards each, now under 30,000 each... People are desperate to craft those badges huh.

Edit: And back down to 14 cents... WTF happened there for a moment? Someone's script run out of control:)

Ilúvatar

Card Prices are going up. We need a market expert to explain this logic.

Steam card prices follow a U-shaped trajectory during sales. When they are first released, they are posted at artificially high prices. As more people post them to the Market, everyone keeps trying to undercut everyone else - so the price decreases. At the end of the sale, these artificially cheap cards are purchased at such a rate that the cards posted earlier become the cheapest.

Fun sale! I always feel so proud of my haul but then get so depressed afterward once it's over, LoL!

Spring sale is next right? :D
OMG OMG OMG

I need a Ghostbusters and Saw sale NOW.
What?! I tried looking for this a few weeks ago on the store and only found Sanctum of Slime? Did this just get in the library?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
No one's* actually buying the cards at $0.30 or $0.50. Those are just the stragglers left behind because the cheaper ones are getting snapped up so fast.

* I'm sure there's a frustrated sucker or two who just WANTS THE BADGE DAMMIT and is tired of clicking listings on the front page only to find somebody's bot has gotten there first, but I'm not sure they're statistically significant.

How long is To The Moon, on average -- someone gifted it to me a few sales ago and I haven't gotten around to playing it -- I figure I should plow through that and Gone Home soon.

Also, stay tuned -- if there are some fantastic uses of those Amazon credits, you guys could be in line to benefit from the fact that I've been given 15 credits to use. ^_^

--

Paging jshackles -- I love the "cost to complete the badge" feature on each individual badge page.
Any chance you could get that info on the main "badges" page?

Deadbeat

Banned
Ilúvatar;95727712 said:
Steam card prices follow a U-shaped trajectory during sales. When they are first released, they are posted at artificially high prices. As more people post them to the Market, everyone keeps trying to undercut everyone else - so the price decreases. At the end of the sale, these artificially cheap cards are purchased at such a rate that the cards posted earlier become the cheapest.
But those more expensive cards wont all be sold. They will die. 200k cards are going to die because people wont lower the price.

Bri

-like-tears-in-rain-.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No, but I'm in if somebody else is hosting.

Count me in if you plan to host it.

Is anyone planning on hosting a Skulls of the Shogun 4-pack? THE DEALS MUST GO ON.

EDIT: It comes out to $2.81 per person.

Please do host it for us. I have to pay tax on my Steam purchases... :(

I've actually gotten more than three responses including PM, does everybody still want in? If so I have to figure out who to boot.

Colin.

How long is To The Moon, on average -- someone gifted it to me a few sales ago and I haven't gotten around to playing it -- I figure I should plow through that and Gone Home soon.

To The Moon lasted under 5 hours for me, and under 3 for Gone Home. And I took my time with both. Both are definitely worth the time.

Eternia

No one's* actually buying the cards at $0.30 or $0.50. Those are just the stragglers left behind because the cheaper ones are getting snapped up so fast.

* I'm sure there's a frustrated sucker or two who just WANTS THE BADGE DAMMIT and is tired of clicking listings on the front page only to find somebody's bot has gotten there first, but I'm not sure they're statistically significant.
There was a point with pages of sold in between ~$0.30 cards. New market listings could have stalled for a moment allowing those expensive ones to get sold. Seen that happen enough times during heavy community traffic.

wilflare

you mean between each other, or giveaways? lol. either way I need to get paid first for that to happen, im tapped, and the money i SHOULD have is stuck in paypal limbo after a refund.

between each other.
especially since JaseC has almost everything lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lets see if I can get ghostbusters before it becomes delisted again but gotta go to GS to get a damn card. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom