• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

NekoChan Hero - Collection -- MB-0A79AAD76E3E2DE2 - Taken by Kurt Russell

bigzgod

So how do you gain levels on steamgifts.com then?

Making giveaways. If the game you're giving away is from a bundle, only 15% of it's "value" is added to your level calculation. If the game you're giving away wasn't previously in a bundle, you will get the full value added to your level calculation. You must also have 5 or more entries in order for the giveaway to count towards your level.

I'm not exactly sure of what the figures are for each level but here's the breakdown of users according to the admin:

Here's the current number of users per level...

Level 0: 634,164
Level 1: 73,280
Level 2: 11,234
Level 3: 6,809
Level 4: 4,441
Level 5: 1,468
Level 6: 753
Level 7: 372
Level 8: 104
Level 9: 63
Level 10: 22

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Castle got cards.

Nzyme32

The Making of Grim Fandango Remastered is now available for streaming on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316790/

I did not know you could stream stuff via Steam outside of broadcasting. I take it this is new?

Probably would be nice to have a downloadable version as part of the game, like other games, but I can't complain just yet as Steam hasn't lost any of my stuff yet. I agree though, kind of ties you to Steam if that is your only of accessing something

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Songs of the Myrne What Lies Beneath -- MB-F2DB6AF5D7B1A04D - Taken by thereisnoif
Dark Gates -- MB-77F84B8254C88C94 - Taken by nja
This may be taken, sorry in advance if it is

Accoun

Booted up MilkyTracker and played a few modules from older games, since Michiel van den Bos made some of his tracker works available on The Mod Archive. Because I can.

Just finished "Defenders" from Age Of Wonders. Next will probably be the all-time classic - Foregone Destruction.
Feels good, gotta love trackers.
<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333(3)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think it's pretty good, and $15 isn't a lot to ask for one of the best adventure games ever released. It's either that or hunt down a copy that will most certainly not work in your system unless you use fan workarounds. They also added new control methods (yay for point and clicking!) and higher resolution textures/better lighting.

Just want to be clear here: I was joking at every level. I even spite-purchased the game after seeing the "lazy Dev" thread to Grim Fandango.

Miguel81

Looks like KOF 2002UM is getting added to my library. I have a feeling some more PC fighting game announcements are going to be made in February. Just get ready to lose Bayonetta.

Anything Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur would get my attention. Those two are sorely missing from Steam.

On a different note, Resi 5 runs so damn smooth on PC and I can't wait for the Steamworks patch to give it a proper run. Hopefully the DLC will be included as I've never played the Gold Edition on consoles.

I gotta say, the shitty checkpoints and awful difficulty spikes in the battlefield 4 campaign are kinda unbelievable. It really makes you respect a good Call of Duty campaign and is glaringly bad in a post-Advanced Warfare world. Sheesh, DICE, i have a feeling Visercal is going to eat your lunch.

Nabs

The Humble Store has some good deals going on now:

JumpJet Rex is $5
Cook, Serve, Delicious is $2.50
Valkyria Chronicles is $9.99
The Cave is $3.75

I gotta say, the shitty checkpoints and awful difficulty spikes in the battlefield 4 campaign are kinda unbelievable. It really makes you respect a good Call of Duth campaign and is glaringly bad in a post-Advanced Warfare world. Sheesh, DICE, i have a feeling Visercal is going to eat your lunch.

I think I hit a shitty difficulty spike, it happened when the game decided to eat my save and test my sanity.

Jawmuncher

I gotta say, the shitty checkpoints and awful difficulty spikes in the battlefield 4 campaign are kinda unbelievable. It really makes you respect a good Call of Duth campaign and is glaringly bad in a post-Advanced Warfare world. Sheesh, DICE, i have a feeling Visercal is going to eat your lunch.

Yeah the campaign is pretty damn jank. Better than BF3 but not by much. Was glad I kept to play it for free through origin game time. I definitley see Hardline having a superior campaign to 3&4 by miles.

Miguel81

Yeah the campaign is pretty damn jank. Better than BF3 but not by much. Was glad I kept to play it for free through origin game time. I definitley see Hardline having a superior campaign to 3&4 by miles.

I still have it on my Origin account and installed from that free weekend period and haven't started it up. I believe I can still play through the campaign. Even if it's not great, I should expect some eye candy(?) at least.

Jawmuncher

I still have it on my Origin account and installed from that free weekend period and haven't started it up. I believe I can still play through the campaign. Even if it's not great, I should expect some eye candy(?) at least.
When you play save yourself some time and just play on easy as well.

Jawmuncher

eden* is out on Steam and my first thought was when did I buy it? I don't remember purchasing it for some reason.

It was 5 bucks a long time ago through traders. Since it went on sale before it was supposed to. Then the buy option was taken away and not brought back until now.

It looks really really good at times, yeah. But just have 0 shame in dropping the difficulty, the game is like 6 hours long and one of those hours is spent just trying to get over 2-3 stupidly hard sections.

Lain

Raven's Cry is fucking with me.
First it makes me download 2GB.
Then it makes me download 10 more GB, because they fucked up at the start, the game is actually 12GB.
Now I put the download on pause a minute and resume, and it's making me redownload the whole thing again.
What the fuck feels appropriate.

rtcn63

Then it makes me download 10 more GB, because they fucked up at the start, the game is actually 12GB.
Now I put the download on pause a minute and resume, and it's making me redownload the whole thing again.

What an unkindness.

And another "join our steam group" giveaway.
Fuck your bullshit, indiegala.
It's free, so what do you expect? Of course they want something in return. It's easy enough to ignore the group once you join it. Is there anything bad or dangerous about joining a Steam group? Serious question.

After a long night of data analysis, I think it's time to let Nightmare from the Deep 3 (which just hit Steam yesterday) let me turn off my brain for a while.

I normally don't like hidden object games, but Artifex Mundi seem to nail the adventure-game to hidden-object ratio, the production values tend to be really high for the genre, and they last just the right amount of time.

Wait until you find out that all the audio is in German.

Woo~

I'm still meditating on buying it; waiting for impressions...
Gods help me.

Ruruja

It's free, so what do you expect? Of course they want something in return. It's easy enough to ignore the group once you join it. Is there anything bad or dangerous about joining a Steam group? Serious question.

You can also join and then leave once you've redeemed the key.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.3. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added an option to hide games in search results you've marked as "Not Interested"
  • Added a column to the market showing the current lowest price of active listings
  • Firefox: Added back features that were previously removed in version 7.2.3
  • Fixed a bug in the feature that shows the purchase date on a game's store page
  • Updated 3rd party DRM detection to include more places that publishers hide it
  • Updated PCGW button to include new link structure and new icon
  • Removed redundant SteamTrades profile link
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Firefox users using version 7.2.2 or lower must manually update by removing the extension and then installing this version using the link above.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Kagemusha

So that was how you got the map in REmake.
Death is only the begining. "No it's pretty much the fucking end"
STEP ON IT, JEFF

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Voyage Journey to the Moon -- MB-AD3976CA0F9BCB9B - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.
AI War -- MB-3F3DDF843BD9D01F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-CBC2413D854D2082 - Taken by Servizio. 5 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-46D14CAC0A2BC126 - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
Vintage Year -- MB-A2D46BDA8E791BAC - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Primal Carnage -- MB-B73CDEB62EED3433 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
Retention -- MB-6898F23C9900C12D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1422684806z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
saints row gat out of hell is weird

i mean there are ways to break the fourth wall without being deriving of itself, but the way it does it comes off as they know the game's a quick cash-in which makes it sound really awkward and unfunny. i don't get why they went with that route, that's just weird

other than that i enjoy flying around and collecting orbs so for now that's been entertaining. i do the odd mission now and there and apparently that's making the story go forward, so it seems like it's an alright time-waster

very confused on why they made this a standalone thing and why they advertised it as much as they did

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thank you so much for this.

You're welcome! I can't believe Steam doesn't do this automatically or at the very least give you the option. I mean - if you're not interested in something... why clutter the store with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom