• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
A specialty food that some of you may recall.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-62DE42F7B4A4822B - Taken by Nete. 19 entrants total.

t1405395153z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just realised that the Blood games are cheaper on Steam then they are on GOG. Usually the opposite is the case.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
inUSyDqXCIxG.gif

You guys are seriously amazing. I started this as a half joke, but you all came through in a huge way.

Jawmuncher came back with another code, firmly planting himself in the top five, as well as firmly planting himself deep in my heart.

Newcomer Mono made a big impression with 2 codes in rapid succession. Time to change your name to Dual!

BinaryPork2737 proved he is superior to all 2736 other BinaryPorks on the site with a generous contribution of one code.

iosefe proved himself quite the bro-sefe with his contribution of 2 codes.

The scoreboard:
$18 from Morningbus
+$12 from Mokoi
+$12 from Toki767
+$12 from Jawmuncher
+$12 from Mono
+$12 from iosefe
+$6 from CorrosiveFrost
+$6 from Cheddahz
+$6 from Armoured Priest
+$6 from Amzin
+$6 from BinaryPork2737
For a total of $108 MOTHERFUCKING BILL CREDITS.

I would also like to take a moment to thank A Fish Aficionado for a straight-up debit card code, which is amazingly nice. It didn't appear to work when I tried it, but the very thought is still very, very awesome.

Thank you everyone for your crazy generosity. Together we showed that team work and perseverance are all you need to run some god-damn GAME on M&Ms and my cable company. I sincerely appreciate everyone who passed along a code and everyone else who sat by as I sorta-begged-half-jokingly-sorta for these codes.

Ventara

So guys, I'm looking at the Groupees Shiny Loot 6 Bundle, which is a build-your-own-bundle, and I'm wondering which of two of these three games I should get:

Subject 9
Memories of a Vagabond
Escape Goat

I'm kind of leaning towards Escape Goat and Subject 9 if no one has anything bad to say about them, but I'm not opposed to getting all three if they're all good since it's only an extra $0.50. Just that MoaV seems like your typical indie RPG and I have tons of those unplayed.

Shadownet

Banned
inUSyDqXCIxG.gif

You guys are seriously amazing. I started this as a half joke, but you all came through in a huge way.

Jawmuncher came back with another code, firmly planting himself in the top five, as well as firmly planting himself deep in my heart.

Newcomer Mono made a big impression with 2 codes in rapid succession. Time to change your name to Dual!

BinaryPork2737 proved he is superior to all 2736 other BinaryPorks on the site with a generous contribution of one code.

I would also like to take a moment to thank A Fish Aficionado for a straight-up debit card code, which is amazingly nice. It didn't appear to work when I tried it, but the very thought is still very, very awesome.

Thank you everyone for your crazy generosity. Together we showed that team work and perseverance are all you need to run some god-damn GAME on M&Ms and my cable company. I sincerely appreciate everyone who passed along a code and everyone else who sat by as I sorta-begged-half-jokingly-sorta for these codes.

I have a debit card code but i think somehow they voided it :( I was going to give it to you but I knew they wouldnt work. If I win anymore cable code. I'll be sure to give it to you.

Mono

Hurray! \o/

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A New Beginning -- MB-0AB85053BB7A6F93 - Taken by Speevy. 12 entrants total.

t1405405533z1.png

wilflare

inUSyDqXCIxG.gif

congrats :O the generosity of GAF, particularly SteamGAF is amazing :O

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So guys, I'm looking at the Groupees Shiny Loot 6 Bundle, which is a build-your-own-bundle, and I'm wondering which of two of these three games I should get:

Subject 9
Memories of a Vagabond
Escape Goat

I'm kind of leaning towards Escape Goat and Subject 9 if no one has anything bad to say about them, but I'm not opposed to getting all three if they're all good since it's only an extra $0.50. Just that MoaV seems like your typical indie RPG and I have tons of those unplayed.

Escape Goat is pretty good. It's a fun little platformer that doesn't really get too frustrating until the last level of the main campaign. No idea about the post game stuff though.

Toki767

inUSyDqXCIxG.gif

Do you actually still want more codes should any of us come across some? I mean it takes under a minute to try to win.

Yakkue

Subject 9
Memories of a Vagabond
Escape Goat

I can recommend Escape Goat - really fun game with a great soundtrack!

morningbus

I have a debit card code but i think somehow they voided it :( I was going to give it to you but I knew they wouldnt work. If I win anymore cable code. I'll be sure to give it to you.

Do you actually still want more codes should any of us come across some? I mean it takes under a minute to try to win.

Hah, I already feel pretty guilty as is. I could also sense M&Ms resisting me towards the end there, where each code took about five minutes to submit and came back errored-out initially. Thankfully, we are unstoppable.

... However, I am always willing to see just how deep we can go down a rabbit hole.

Finished Transistor. Entire playthrough will be up on my twitch channel -- it's in 6 or 7 parts, most of about 60-90 minutes in length.

It's solid, but I liked Bastion better.
I'll still probably go through recurrsion at some point and do achievement cleanup.

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Subject 9 -- MB-1AA423B3AF062F07 - Taken by doctorcdcs

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Abyss Odyssey Review

Positives
+Good Style
+Good Story
+Great OST
+Good Combat

Negatives
-Changing from Left to Right and vice versa can be clunky
-Friendly Fire is On For Coop.
-Could have better explanations of combat controls and/or more complex controls

Score
5/6

morningbus

A very, very small token of appreciation. Both redeem through Steam. I'll do something better in a little bit:

ModBot said:
Instructions for morningbus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (morningbus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-BEE01C1D3143F1EC - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Trials 2 -- MB-50EFB2DA5813E6C5 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.

t1405396714z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Abyss Odyssey Review

Positives
+Good Style
+Good Story
+Great OST
+Good Combat

Negatives
-Changing from Left to Right and vice versa can be clunky
-Friendly Fire is On
-Could have better explanations of combat controls and/or more complex controls

Score
5/6

Movement controls are sluggish when turning your character’s direction from left to right or vice versa, and because of that it’s somewhat hard to move around in levels, and sometimes it would cost you a chance to block or to strike at enemies in the heat of battle. The game doesn’t do a good job at explaining some combat controls and/or more complex controls. The coop is not fun as it has friendly-fire on while the enemies don’t, so because of that it’s hard for both players to enjoy the game in a coop experience. Not having an option to disable it makes you want to avoid the coop mode.

Yikes...

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah changing from right to left can sometimes be pretty clunky, which you probably saw a few times if you watched my stream. Other than that controls are pretty good.

Friendly-fire isn't a deal breaker, but enemies don't have it on top of that?... hrm.

Was pleased to see Wolfenstein have enemy friendly-fire. that should be more common

AngerdX

Morning all, well woke up to a great day, until i got on my PC and was greated with a message that my CS:GO copy had been revoked, so now it´s support time.

I guess everyone has a first time for this crap.

:)

Just used the my loot feature.
So I got 50 Games and gave away 39.

And this one was unclaimed:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Edge -- MB-682F52EFC5C1AA6D - Taken by Yrael

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Edge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

JaseC

Morning all, well woke up to a great day, until i got on my PC and was greated with a message that my CS:GO copy had been revoked, so now it´s support time.

I guess everyone has a first time for this crap.

:)

I assume you bought it through a trader? You should be able to get your keys back.

Hugstable

Banned
Gonna practice more CS:GO comp for awhile later, really tired of sucking the way I have recently and feel bad when playing with others and having them go down in Rank. Gotta get better!

AngerdX

Thanks guys and yeah i did get it via key trade under steam, so sent a support ticket now i hope the support don´t work on official valve time or this will be a while.
3AQmK.gif

Thanks guys and yeah i did get it via key trade under steam, so sent a support ticket now i hope the support don´t work on official valve time or this will be a while.
3AQmK.gif

The first message I always got from the Steam-support usually doesnt have anything to do with my problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom