• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
header_292x136.jpg

I felt like actually beating a game, so I just played 140. It was pretty simple and short platforming game, maybe an hour, tops.

Most platforms and traps are timed to the music, so it's not frustrating to get the tougher parts. It definitely grabbed my attention and didn't wear out its welcome.

There's no real plot or text or anything, just music driving the action.

Whether I recommend it is completely up to whether you are looking for a something in this genre or could go for something different. It's not groundbreaking, but there are far worse platformers. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it, though.

I felt like actually beating a game, so I just played 140. It was pretty simple and short platforming game, maybe an hour, tops.

Most platforms and traps are timed to the music, so it's not frustrating to get the tougher parts. It definitely grabbed my attention and didn't wear out its welcome.

Whether I recommend it is completely up to whether you are looking for a something in this genre or could go for something different. It's not groundbreaking, but there are far worse platformers. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it, though.

I'm still trying to beat the levels that don't have checkpoints. They're pretty hard.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Curse words.
I would've loved to have even had a shot at that Trials 2 code.

Thanks for the giveaway though, ser.

Ah! I wish there was a half-hour raffle option. I would have totally done that and you could have gotten a shot. Sorry!

Some more:

ModBot said:
Instructions for morningbus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light -- MB-FCD77F64796B7ED8 - Taken by cardinalmind. 12 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-6A716AD10315384D - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.

t1405398695z1.png

MTE

header_292x136.jpg

Having played some of this the other day, I will confirm most of what you've said.
Thanks for the review. Knowing it's not a long game, I'm much more likely to go and finish it off.

Ah! I wish there was a half-hour raffle option. I would have totally done that and you could have gotten a shot. Sorry!

Some more:

Cool. I've played Lara on Xbox, so I shall not enter these.

Those looking for excellent coop should get that Lara though.

Having played some of this the other day, I will confirm most of what you've said.
Thanks for the review. Knowing it's not a long game, I'm much more likely to go and finish it off.

You're welcome! I love short games that can easily be played in one sitting...or over and over again like FTL.

Kanokare

Gonna practice more CS:GO comp for awhile later, really tired of sucking the way I have recently and feel bad when playing with others and having them go down in Rank. Gotta get better!

Hahha don't even worry about my rank :) I'm here to game with GAF and having fun doing it. Also here to help people get better if they need it so hit message me sometimes if you want any help.

morningbus

Another one coming shortly. From the bottom of the last page:

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light -- MB-FCD77F64796B7ED8 - Taken by cardinalmind. 12 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-6A716AD10315384D - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.

t1405398695z1.png

morningbus

Last one for now and some of the Steam Speculators in here just might think it's a good one:

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Section 8 Prejudice -- MB-BAFDA20CEBB1277A - Taken by Hugstable

t1405409375z1.png

Parsnip

So is anyone actually excited for Borderlands pre-sequel?
I had fun with the first one, second one not so much. Specifically, the writing sucked. None of the classes suited my playstyle. And I never got any good loot drops, which is kind of a key in a game like this. Something's not right when after every mission I could always go back to Moxxi's slots and get better guns that way.

And everything I hear about the new just sounds like a bad idea.

morningbus

what the fuck is a Steam Speculator?

It's like with any industry that has speculators: it's a person who tries to predict how the market will move and makes purchases based on that.

Section 8 is GFWL and its developers have been shuttered. There's a pretty good chance it won't be available on Steam anymore at some point. If you keep it in your inventory, you may be able to pawn it off for some good money.

tOops, I've sent something I shouldn't have sent. Thanks fluctuating power supply.
A typhoon is overhead maybe I should stop posting on GAF.

Related to Steam: I've played Breach and Clear on my phone and it's currently on sale. Don't know if anyone would like it but I've enjoyed it on my phone. Not sure if I would buy it again for my PC.

An extra from the Humble Bundle today + some old games still lying around. Have at 'em.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thisisalan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Limbo -- MB-8EF04899FD70E07C - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
DiRT 3 -- MB-B419B761F9CC1B7A - Taken by FauX. 5 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-C9B9C8491B7B77F9

t1405400074z1.png

So is anyone actually excited for Borderlands pre-sequel?
I had fun with the first one, second one not so much. Specifically, the writing sucked. None of the classes suited my playstyle. And I never got any good loot drops, which is kind of a key in a game like this. Something's not right when after every mission I could always go back to Moxxi's slots and get better guns that way.

And everything I hear about the new just sounds like a bad idea.

Not me, it's not even on my radar. I enjoyed the first two but my group of friends got burnt out during the second (only one actually finished all the season pass DLC with me, I don't think any of the others even beat the base game). They would need to change things up significantly.

It's like with any industry that has speculators: it's a person who tries to predict how the market will move and makes purchases based on that.

Section 8 is GFWL and its developers have been shuttered. There's a pretty good chance it won't be available on Steam anymore at some point. If you keep it in your inventory, you may be able to pawn it off for some good money.

Isn't that against steamGAF/modbot etiquette?

Parsnip

Sokobond , a chemistry based puzzle game that while as helpful to know how elements are laid out and their symbols before hand, is a bit easier to get into than SpaceChem... maybe.

I like their trailer.
It's the best chemistry-themed 2D indie puzzle game where you're trying to make molecules
...since SpaceChem.

Wishlisted.

morningbus

Isn't that against steamGAF/modbot etiquette?

Yo dawg, this is a raffle to thank everyone for helping me scam M&Ms. I'm not gonna get on a high horse for this one.

Though it would be nice if someone who does want to play it gets it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is this a chart that gets maintained by anyone? Is there a link? I've been looking for something like this for a while as I contemplate switching from AMD to Nvidia.

There's Tom's Hardware's Graphics Card Performance Hierarchy Chart.

I have no idea if it has some huge gaping flaws or oversights in how it's put together, but it's been around for years and always seems generally 'correct' as far as benchmark performances go.

Hugstable

Banned
Hahha don't even worry about my rank :) I'm here to game with GAF and having fun doing it. Also here to help people get better if they need it so hit message me sometimes if you want any help.

Hah thanks, I really just need to practice on getting my aim better. Played another round on my own, and we had 2 leavers at round 3 -_-. I'm gonna try on an aim server for a bit tomorrow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck this heat

so, today is Ikaruga / Double Dragon midweek madness right guys? Because games that lost the community votes show up shortly after as midweek/weekend deals right? Guys? Hello?

Fuckers :(

edit: also it needs to be friday already >_>

fuck this heat

so, today is Ikaruga / Double Dragon midweek madness right guys? Because games that lost the community votes show up shortly after as midweek/weekend deals right? Guys? Hello?

I hope so for those that don't have Ikaruga. Its so worth it.

AngerdX

Well one good thing out of my revoked CS:go is i got the complete pack for same amount of keys.

Now just to wait on Steam to give my other ones back. :)

yoshizzle

fuck this heat

Today is also the day where 2K adds more games to their good ol' humble bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well one good thing out of my revoked CS:go is i got the complete pack for same amount of keys.

Now just to wait on Steam to give my other ones back. :)

Twist: Support reverts your most recent trade and you lose CS Complete. :p

Mono

About an hour left!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A New Beginning -- MB-0AB85053BB7A6F93

t1405405533z1.png

morningbus

Just to keep you updated: I won two more codes myself tonight, bringing my cable credit up to a full $120.00.

This 'bus don' stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom