• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEedNHGVoAAkj-n.jpg

Delayed. :(

Gosh darn it :( Hopefully with the extra time they can get a little bit of marketing set up for the game so they can raise awareness for the release.

Also all my amazon glitch stuff shipped. Crash, Kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5+2.8, and digimon for $41. Haven't played kingdom hearts since the release of 2 so will be interesting to see how convoluted the series got since then.

fd7f61fc6648f0d27f16ccb9370b08a4.gif

gelf

I would have bitten on that bundle if it had Dead Rising 1 but as it is I have most of the best ones already. Maybe would have gone in for RE6 if it was in the dollar tier.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified gets weirdly excellent in its final few missions. I've gone completely around from hating it to having a kind of appreciation for its flawed ideas. It's clear they were trying to go for something much bigger than "XCOM shooter" that one might think from the description.

The gameplay and everything is really blah, but it's almost worth experiencing in spite of that.

FLD

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified gets weirdly excellent in its final few missions. I've gone completely around from hating it to having a kind of appreciation for its flawed ideas. It's clear they were trying to go for something much bigger than "XCOM shooter" that one might think from the description.

The gameplay and everything is really blah, but it's almost worth experiencing in spite of that.

It's kind of a mediocre game overall but it does have a few really interesting ideas, yeah. Unfortunately, gameplay-wise it's kind of a bad Mass Effect clone and the story makes no fucking sense whatsoever if you consider it to be part of the same canon as the Firaxis games (which I'm pretty sure it's intended to be).

"Deploying blob!"
"BLOB'S DOWN!"
"They got our blob!"

It's so goofy, omg. Probably the best lines in the Bureau, though.
It's kind of a mediocre game overall but it does have a few really interesting ideas, yeah. Unfortunately, gameplay-wise it's kind of a bad Mass Effect clone and the story makes no fucking sense whatsoever if you consider it to be part of the same canon as the Firaxis games (which I'm pretty sure it's intended to be).
It is. Maybe as much as XCOM 1 to XCOM 2, though. (Losing in XCOM 1 is the canon story.)

But in terms of The Bureau's significance, IIRC the ADVENT forces in XCOM: Enemy Unknown's expansion, Enemy Within, are a nod back to it. They dress kinda 60's. I believe it suggested that the old American XCOM forces were infiltrated and went underground, waiting for the real invasion to begin--don't remember if there's anything more direct than that.

Oh, and XCOM 2 has some ideas directly inspired by The Bureau. Mostly the alien's brain control chip. (The Alien hierarchy in The Bureau, and their plans, do not gel at all with XCOM 2, however.)

But it's kinda hard to draw any conclusions from The Bureau's story, as told in the game. It's largely incomprehensible, unfocused, and waay too eager to mention things it hasn't properly introduced. There's a litany of audio logs, notes, and idle dialog NPCs, but a lot of it retreats things they've already introduced.

Eila

I did say I would buy Wild Guns if it came out on PC, so bought. The price helped. Felt the PS4 version was a bit too expensive for this type of game.
It's 284 mb, cool to see a non-bloated game come out in 2017.

Ludens

Banned
Dunno who I gifted the second NBA 2k, but sorry!

Same happened to me, I sold one key here on Gaf, but the one revoked was the one I activated. Not a problem, since it was just a +1 for me and I avoided troubles on refunding that person etc, but still I thought that wasn't a mistake but a way to make people play the game or something like that.

Also bought Umbrella during the sale, and now it's bundled for 1 dollar.

FLD

Just found out about Cold Steel getting pushed to August. Good to know for sure there's at least a few more weeks to go, means I don't need to worry about playing only shorter games while I wait for it lol.

Jawmuncher

Capcom LOVES them some RE6. Despite the online vitriol. That game has never been in a $1 bundle. Depsite being a older title than even DmC or Strider. Really makes you think.

Things
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Devil May Cry -- MB-DF80A984933DC6B0 - Taken by oni-link
Strider -- MB-340D62541007F26F - Taken by TsuXna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom