• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i3Vwq7GZtvQZj.png

What is this? Check this post~

Update!

Response has been extremely overwhelming - in a good way! I totally did not expect this joke to become a thing, but I've been itching for a new project to take on and I'm really, really amazed at how many people are behind making this happen. I also apologize for those SteamGAFers who are surely feeling a doomsday prophecy in action, the waifu singularity may be upon us and I don't think anyone has the power to stop it now.

In the less than 12 hours since I posted the submission form, there have been 79(!) submissions to the form. 3 of those happen to be Man Puncher. I have already penned in a few members who have yet to sign up, too. I know I will most likely be unable to get absolutely everyone in, but I want to try as best I can as this community is huge and I don't want anyone feeling left out.

This does, however, put me in the position of needing to think about putting a cutoff somewhere as this has already grown beyond what I ever thought it would be. I will continue to accept submissions until we hit 100, should we manage to do so. I might have to make some cuts and have some members only be named references. Since we're aiming to have unique portraits for every character with a speaking role, I don't want to overwork the artists who may be choosing to work with me to make that possible. I'm humbled at the support thrown behind it, but I think 100 portraits is a little overboard of a request for the volunteers! That's not even counting the backgrounds we'll need haha.

Everyone's responses have been hilariously creative and extremely anime. I might have to chain-smoke a bunch of hammy visual novels to be properly ready to tackle some of the suggestions people have given for their characters. There's a 'care package' on my porch from Milamber that I am deeply afraid to open. I don't know when I'll ever see the light of day or my family again, buried forever under mountains of paper trying to make this all work. We're crazy, but this is the best kind of crazy. Thank you so much everyone, for throwing yourselves behind this in any capacity. <3

Time to get back to planning all of this out... @_@

Xeroblade

if anyone is still on the fence considering theres one more day of sale: I cant recommend The Evil Within enough. im kinda baffled at the reception

I am not sure this is everywhere but my local Target has it for 19.99 retail(Yes PC Steam Key). Just in case anyone misses out on the sale.

Nice! I've been interested in G700s for a while.

I've got the non-s version of that G700. Love it like crazy. I trust it implicitly, wireless or otherwise.

For keyboard, I'm going with the K750, solar-powered and wireless. I avoid cords and I like not changing batteries. If DAS keyboards would put out a wireless, I'd jump on that.

I really like the sound of my G930 headset, but I run into some connectivity issues that will drop in and out randomly, which, apparently, has to do with interference. I've been couch-gaming a lot more recently, so I haven't sorted it out. For some reason, that issue doesn't occur often when I'm in a game that requires the desk. It's like it knows...

Logitech all the way, here.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Valve is the worst entertainment company ever in pushing out information. You would think when the Stem Controller is placed at the store, price tag+release date and all, that they would post a clear and professional video of the controller in action. YOU WOULD THINK. But nope. Am i supposed to watch shaky cam video from journalists who filmed themselves playing and can't show the gameplay and the controller in the same shot? Am i supposed to watch people who are trying the final design for the first time for 15mins? On what basis should i get excited about it? Where are the demonstrations that are going to win me over? Anything at all?

Remember that one single video they showed of playing different games on the controller and how they were supposed to be more? Remember they teased a solution for fighting games?

They also teased a touch pad in the center. It seems like they still haven't finalized the design.

Andrefpvs

You know when you want to buy a bundle, but can't do the transaction at that moment so you leave the tab open until you can.

...And then you forget about it for a few days and the bundle is gone when you refresh the page (._.)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I sort of want the final antagonist of the steamgaf visual novel to be an alternate universe version of zky named Zyklon.

Zyklon only plays Dota 2 and always uses correct capitalization and punctuation, of course.

FloatOn

I think the plot of the steamgaf VN should be how the game of the year results keep getting delayed by some alien force

I've got the non-s version of that G700. Love it like crazy. I trust it implicitly, wireless or otherwise.

For keyboard, I'm going with the K750, solar-powered and wireless. I avoid cords and I like not changing batteries. If DAS keyboards would put out a wireless, I'd jump on that.

I really like the sound of my G930 headset, but I run into some connectivity issues that will drop in and out randomly, which, apparently, has to do with interference. I've been couch-gaming a lot more recently, so I haven't sorted it out. For some reason, that issue doesn't occur often when I'm in a game that requires the desk. It's like it knows...

Logitech all the way, here.
Yeah, I don't like cords too. I'll be getting a long overdue upgrade soon, so i'm just finalizing keyboard/mouse and the input from you and Iashman has been most informative.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah, I don't like cords too. I'll be getting a long overdue upgrade soon, so i'm just finalizing keyboard/mouse and the input from you and Iashman has been most informative.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

no problem :) glad to be able to help out :D

Sini

asd
ModBot said:

Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-10DC0DC158F4DB44 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-428516643E3A68C5 - Taken by nja
Redline -- MB-79356CB24297808E - Taken by SeZMehK
t1cxE6r.gif
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar -- MB-E78DE6D7FA3C40FE - Taken by bluechox2
Samudai -- MB-89285D14F0030A4D - Taken by Saty
Boid -- MB-8B3CDB1A4A2A3EBF - Taken by chronomac
t1cxE6r.gif
Enemy Front -- MB-D84F42E6ACECC014 - Taken by Jawmuncher
10 Years After -- MB-B9FEFD60E1E7180B - Taken by 7Sins

Milamber

I kinda want the SteamGAF game to be some form of Phoenix Wright murder mystery solving the disappearance of MR. ORANGE. Evidence will be gathered from witnesses and the main culprits will be questioned in a GAF court of law with a bearded bumbling Stumpacow as the Judge.

Turfster

I kinda want the SteamGAF game to be some form of Phoenix Wright murder mystery solving the disappearance of MR. ORANGE. Evidence will be gathered from witnesses and the main culprits will be questioned in a GAF court of law with a bearded bumbling Stumpacow as the Judge.

But Stump is the alumn selling weed at the school gates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom