• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 |OT| It's better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
buying the pillars of eternity expansion, if the game is still crashing after I try fixes though can I refund the DLC as well as the base game or what?

Bought Shadowrun Dragonfall and Dark Souls. Thinking about Kingdoms of Amalur now for a loooong time, but don't know if I should or not. Don't really think I would like Valkyria Chronicles though.

Well I could buy the first one. Will look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Be sure to play Dark Souls 1 with DSfix. It is night and day.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Here's the deal - I just dropped $100 on this sale (including a preorder for INSIDE).

28039907796_8fa2449011_b.jpg

... but I'm still strongly considering Hyper Light Drifter.

I don't know why I didn't grab it and flip it out with one of the games listed above. But I just don't feel "complete" without it. I wasn't hyped for it during its KS. I never even read the OT. It just came and went. But for some reason, right now, it feels like the game I'm "itching for." Something with good gameplay, a good story, and playable on my laptop on the road. A memorable experience with an awesome art style and killer soundtrack.

Convince me to go for it, GAF...

Here's the deal - I just dropped $100 on this sale (including a preorder for INSIDE).

28039907796_8fa2449011_b.jpg

... but I'm still strongly considering Hyper Light Drifter.

I don't know why I didn't grab it and flip it out with one of the games listed above. But I just don't feel "complete" without it. I wasn't hyped for it during its KS. I never even read the OT. It just came and went. But for some reason, right now, it feels like the game I'm "itching for." Something with good gameplay, a good story, and playable on my laptop on the road. A memorable experience with an awesome art style and killer soundtrack.

hyper light drifter storytelling is awful, its all cryptic and makes no sense unless you Google it, but the game is a lot of fun.

I thought the sale was ending at midnight so the only thing I ended up buying was Hiragana Battle because I thought I'd have a go at learning Japanese.

Really, the vast majority of my wishlist isn't any lower than it was in the past, or is just too small of a discount to justify when I have such a backlog already. Probably the most disappointing Steam sale I've seen?

You've got quite a haul there...why would you buy another when it'll just sit in your backlog and at 20% off it'll surely be cheaper later?

Tizoc

Guys I still have 11 € to spend, but don't know what to buy. Any RPG recomendations? Looking at Tales of Symphonia, but don't know if there is anything other that is better.
Symphonia port requires fan patches and the like if ur willing to go thru with that
Otherwise there is grandia 2

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i haven't bought anything yet and to be honest i think the only one i'll get is doom. nothing else has a significant discount and i can find some games just as cheap if not cheaper elsewhere.

reKon

Banned
WHY DID NO ONE MENTION DEAD SPACE? It was through reddit that I saw a link for a Dead Space bundle..

I need to know if it's poorly optimized on PC (AMD cards) or something. I've been rebuying a lot of games that I've gotten for PS3 through PS+ for free. I'm getting them for either PS4 (Borderlands Collection) or PC (Max Payne 3, Batman:AC, etc).

Eila

One good thing about the annoying market restrictions is that the card prices didn't plummet for this sale.

Corpekata

Banned
WHY DID NO ONE MENTION DEAD SPACE? It was through reddit that I saw a link for a Dead Space bundle..

I need to know if it's poorly optimized on PC (AMD cards) or something. I've been rebuying a lot of games that I've gotten for PS3 through PS+ for free. I'm getting them for either PS4 (Borderlands Collection) or PC (Max Payne 3, Batman:AC, etc).

Dunno abouit AMD cards but the series has always had farily good performance on PC, though the first IIRC had some sort of weird issue with vsync.

Either way, just check out their entries on PCgamingwiki.

MNC

About to finish Witcher 2. Will have a short break with some other games (Witness and stuff)

Do I buy the Witcher 3 now, or wait until next sale? D:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've been playing a bit of Oblivion with some mods, mostly graphical overhauls, lighting, weather, high definition textures - mostly immersion stuff. The game holds up really well considering it released in 2006:

There are still a few spots that are rough around the edges, but overall I'm really happy with how the modding turned out.

It looks absolutely amazing at 1440p and looks really good in motion. I runs at 60fps on my R9 390X, but on occasion it will drop down into the low 50s when there's a lot going on.

It's a shame it didn't get a deeper discount during the sale.

Sarcasm

So I've been playing a bit of Oblivion with some mods, mostly graphical overhauls, lighting, weather, high definition textures - mostly immersion stuff. The game holds up really well considering it released in 2006:

There are still a few spots that are rough around the edges, but overall I'm really happy with how the modding turned out.

It looks absolutely amazing at 1440p and looks really good in motion. I runs at 60fps on my R9 390X, but on occasion it will drop down into the low 50s when there's a lot going on.

It's a shame it didn't get a deeper discount during the sale.

I couldn't get into it. I may try again if your share your mods. :)

Only elder scroll game I actually competed, cliche yea I know, was morrowind.

Eila

I'm happy I got the TES series when it was a daily in some previous sale, because it looks like many big publishers are done putting their old games even 75% off. Not happy I never got around buying the Fallout games. But I do have the old ones on GoG when they were free.

reKon

Banned
Dunno abouit AMD cards but the series has always had farily good performance on PC, though the first IIRC had some sort of weird issue with vsync.

Either way, just check out their entries on PCgamingwiki.

Wow this web site is very useful. Thanks!

Eila

Wow this web site is very useful. Thanks!

Dead Space runs beautifully on PC, just turn down v-sync as it was said. Otherwise it runs at a low framerate with terrible input delay and massive loading times, for some reason.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I couldn't get into it. I may try again if your share your mods. :)

Only elder scroll game I actually competed, cliche yea I know, was morrowind.

I'm still adding new mods all the time, because I'll play for an hour or two and think "I wish I had a minimap in the corner of the screen" or "Hmmm this would be more interesting of a location if..." and so far everything I've thought of, someone's already got a mod for it, sometimes a ridiculously good one. I'll compile up a list of my favorites at some point, but I'm still in the "trying things out" phase.

One mod I'm particularly impressed with though is Realistic Leveling. This fixes most of the issues I had with the default leveling / scaling system. The default level scaling stuff is just so bad. This mod makes the leveling system a lot more intuitive and lets the game difficulty scale really well in my opinion. This, along with the unofficial patches, are an absolute must.

zkylon

zkylewd
is there any way to make steam remember i wanna pay through paypal and not my credit card?

pretty annoying that it always defaults to that

also whelp no badge for me thank you rng

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
4 hours in and 2 zones down, Ghost 1.0 continues to be great

LayLa

Spent the £11 in my wallet buying three games.
Made £4 selling cards.
Bought two more games.
Made £1.50 more selling cards.
Bought one more game.
I like this system!

Just Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I did not want to purchase anything, but it's more of an habit, buying at least one thing during a sale.

kinberg

Neo Member
So GAF, with only a few hours left to go for this sale, recommend me a turn based strategy game. Already played a bunch of stuff (like the more mainstream games, civ series and stuff like that).

Thanks in advance!

So GAF, with only a few hours left to go for this sale, recommend me a turn based strategy game. Already played a bunch of stuff (like the more mainstream games, civ series and stuff like that).

Thanks in advance!

Endless Legend
Invisible Inc
Massive Chalice

Thanks in advance!
In order of recommendation:
"Close enough" bonus series:
  • Crusader Kings II, Stellaris, Europa Universalis 4, Valkyria Chronicles, The Last Remnant, Total War: Warhammer.

GRaider81

Thanks in advance!

A bit left field but blood bowl 2? I'm having a tonne of fun with it.

torpet

Neo Member
Amongst some other games I got me Axiom Verge. What a masterpiece. I should mentioned that I have never actually finished Super Metroid, only played through a third of the game probably. So other than Super Metroid, recommend me some other Metroidvanias I could still pick up while the sale is still on.

Sch1sm

is there any way to make steam remember i wanna pay through paypal and not my credit card?

pretty annoying that it always defaults to that

also whelp no badge for me thank you rng

Is your credit card saved as your method of payment? Like do you uncheck that box to save it when you go through payments? Mine defaults to PayPal since I don't have one saved. Weird.

What.

Amongst some other games I got me Axiom Verge. What a masterpiece. I should mentioned that I have never actually finished Super Metroid, only played through a third of the game probably. So other than Super Metroid, recommend me some other Metroidvanias I could still pick up while the sale is still on.

You should definitively get Guacamelee and Cave Story+. Also consider Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight (I haven't finished it yet, but so far it has been great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom