• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 |OT| It's better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromeo

Seen Homeworld deserts of Kharak for £14.99, never really heard of it but it seems to have 9/10 reviews from everywhere and looks like my kind of thing from the screenshots..

torpet

Neo Member
You should definitively get Guacamelee and Cave Story+. Also consider Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight (I haven't finished it yet, but so far it has been great).

I have already finished all those, but thanks nonetheless. I got Unepic during the GOG sale, and didn't really like it. Should I give it another go?

EdmondD

I just spent over $200 on wine and food in Napa today, so someone talk me out of this. I already bought Super Mega Baseball a few minutes ago.

DrTFkSq.png
Blade Kitten looks like anime trash. Drox Operative sounds like a bundle game and probably is. Age of Mythology is a classic.

Well i was going to sell the cards i have, but they'll be held for 15 days because i haven't used the mobile authentication before. Great. Any way around that?

Arthea

Tempted but I really don't want to get drawn into spending 100s of hours on a game like with Terraria, is it open ended like that?

Stardew Valley is not like Terraria at all, it has an ending, but you can play after the end indefinitely if you wish so. It's also a great game.

Ambiguity of the news title.

http://i.imgur.com/YRMU897.png[/IMG

All of them this week.[/QUOTE]

I'm only buying the Room two day one, cuz I already bought Setsuna which releases soonish.

Picked up a bunch of cheap stuff that I'd had my eye on:

Dropsy: Warm Damp Hug Edition
NEO Scavenger
Prison Architect
The Silent Age
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered
Words for Evil
Rusty Lake Hotel
STASIS - Deluxe Edition
Paint it Back
To The Moon
Dungeons of Dredmor
Tomb of Tyrants
English Country Tune
Monster Loves You!
Divide By Sheep
Shadowrun Complete Collection bundle (what I didn't already have):
-- Shadowrun Returns Upgrade to Deluxe
-- Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
-- Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition Upgrade to Deluxe
Fighting Fantasy bundle:
-- The Forest of Doom
-- Appointment With FEAR
-- Caverns of the Snow Witch
-- House of Hell
-- Starship Traveller

Card Boy

Banned
Outside the 30FPS Killer is Dead is amazing and is very much like past Suda games like No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw. Its one of those games you have to play in 30FPS as 60FPS breaks the QTEs. It does look glorious in 60 though.

Wok

Tempted but I really don't want to get drawn into spending 100s of hours on a game like with Terraria, is it open ended like that?

Stardew Valley is not like Terraria at all, it has an ending, but you can play after the end indefinitely if you wish so. It's also a great game.

I admit the reason I am on the fence regarding Stardew Valley is that I remember binge playing Terraria and suddenly stopping. I feel like it would be the same with Stardew: game is amazing, you play, you play, and suddenly, "wtf am I doing with my life", you stop forever.

Arthea

I admit the reason I am on the fence regarding Stardew Valley is that I remember binge playing Terraria and suddenly stopping. I feel like it would be the same with Stardew: game is amazing, you play, you play, and suddenly, "wtf am I doing with my life", you stop forever.

yet again Stardew Valley is not like Terraria!
It is a progress and time management game, it plays completely differently, it has a story and socializing is a big part of the game. Like for reals, I know why people might think these are similar, but they are not. If anything, Stardew Valley is own take on Harvest Moon and Rune Factory formulae, or the best Harvest Moon game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Outside the 30FPS Killer is Dead is amazing and is very much like past Suda games like No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw. Its one of those games you have to play in 30FPS as 60FPS breaks the QTEs. It does look glorious in 60 though.

There should be only one spot in the game you have to drop it back down to 30 FPS; The Geisha Gigolo mission. Otherwise you should be able to edit the death QTEs to be doable. I believe you have to halve their value so they scale with the frame rate change, or something. Let me check;

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Killer_Is_Dead#High_frame_rate

Yeah, what I said. Turn the frame rate up and downsample it. Looks amazing.

Card Boy

Banned
There should be only one spot in the game you have to drop it back down to 30 FPS; The Geisha Gigolo mission. Otherwise you should be able to edit the death QTEs to be doable. I believe you have to halve their value so they scale with the frame rate change, or something. Let me check;

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Killer_Is_Dead#High_frame_rate

Yeah, what I said. Turn the frame rate up and downsample it. Looks amazing.

Nah you need 30FPS because bosses do double damage, Mika QTEs and some other bosses have QTEs like the David and Samurai Tiger fight when you have 60 on.

Pachimari

Eh, ended my sale with these:

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition
Binary Domain
Call of Duty
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Command and Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Day of Defeat: Source
Deadlight
Fable Anniversary
Hard Reset + Redux
INSIDE
Left 4 Dead
Men of Valor
Party Hard
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Rambo the Video Game
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
SOMA
Super House of Dead Ninjas
System Shock: Classic + Enhanced Edition
Transformers: Devastation
Volume

A lot of shit in there but the ones I'm especially happy about are Call of Duty + United Offensive, INSIDE, SOMA and Transformers: Devastation.

Eh, ended my sale with these:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

A lot of shit in there but the ones I'm especially happy about are Call of Duty + United Offensive, INSIDE, SOMA and Transformers: Devastation.

You should be very happy with Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate also. Fantastic games, especially to that price.

Arthea

I had a chance to play some games I picked during the sale, those two come with my recommendation:

Swapperoo

slightly chaotic version of match 3, there are so many mechanics, so much going on, really nice game, also has leaderboards as every Fallen Tree game.

and yet another Fallen Tree game (Fallen Tree is swiftly becoming one of my favourite puzzle game devs)

Highrise Heroes: Word Challenge

This one is an unusual word game, one I never knew I wanted, now I know!
Also has leaderboards, timed levels can be pain tho, especially if trying for perfect score.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Nah you need 30FPS because bosses do double damage, Mika QTEs and some other bosses have QTEs like the David and Samurai Tiger fight when you have 60 on.

Right, there's variables you can edit for the Mika revive QTE to adjust them to a higher frame cap. There's values for 60, 120, and 144 on that link I posted.

I hadn't actually heard about the boss QTEs or the damage. All I can say to that is that I played the whole game at 60 and don't recall having any real trouble with non-Mika QTEs or taking a lot of damage. I want to say I went back and did the harder difficulties too.

Sarcasm

yet again Stardew Valley is not like Terraria!
It is a progress and time management game, it plays completely differently, it has a story and socializing is a big part of the game. Like for reals, I know why people might think these are similar, but they are not. If anything, Stardew Valley is own take on Harvest Moon and Rune Factory formulae, or the best Harvest Moon game.

Well to be fair he isn't saying Terraria and SDV are the same.

He is implying about the time investment.

Regginator

So I've been playing a bit of Oblivion with some mods, mostly graphical overhauls, lighting, weather, high definition textures - mostly immersion stuff. The game holds up really well considering it released in 2006:

There are still a few spots that are rough around the edges, but overall I'm really happy with how the modding turned out.

It looks absolutely amazing at 1440p and looks really good in motion. I runs at 60fps on my R9 390X, but on occasion it will drop down into the low 50s when there's a lot going on.

It's a shame it didn't get a deeper discount during the sale.

You can't really say it holds up if you use several overhauls, now can you?

Wok

Well to be fair he isn't saying Terraria and SDV are the same.

He is implying about the time investment.

Yes, it is the kind of game that clicks with you, that you keep playing in sessions way too long, and you cannot give a reason why the game is so addictive, until that one day on which the magic suddenly stops.

yuraya

Their German site has it for €19,99. Hmm, that's a great price, no? I've been meaning to try out Ground Zeroes and TPP, but GAF seems to crap all over TPP for some reason

Don't listen to the haters. MGSV is a masterpiece.

People just like to talk shit and hate on everything these days.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I thought the sale was ending at midnight so the only thing I ended up buying was Hiragana Battle because I thought I'd have a go at learning Japanese.

I've been looking at that because it's like $2-3. What's your opinion (or anyones) on it? Decent learner?

All modes and maps are free. The DLC is cosmetic stuff like cars and hats, and you can check them out in the showroom to see if any of them look good to you.

Outside of the car packs that tie achievements to them, yes.

PaulSane

22 hours till The Room Two releases.
*heavybreathing.gif

I hope you all picked Trails games, Stardew Valley and SquareCells already.

Megadimension also releases tomorrow
*heavybreathing.gif

Trails is really great so far (i'm still in the prologue though, i'm finding myself grinding levels and sepith for some reason...)

Why do i have a feeling it will be funded...

Also, i can't help but notice a girl from your avatar in this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlAeXj8mQ-E

Steam release was just announced

Tizoc

There is a fix for the qtes to run in 60 fps

Stevey

Damn really wish I knew if i needed BO2s DLC.

Got BO1 and 2, for the sole purpose of the remaster since I got em on PS3 and I wouldnt pay full price for remasters, but having trouble making myself purchase the DLC. lol

Do you mean Bioshock?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release. It’s a circus of values!

You need the DLC to get the updated DLC for free.

Deques

I know we will all get into the why thinking.

But in all honest, let that dude do what he wants with his money.

He can do whatever he wants with his money. But we also have the right to give our opinions about his money spending on a virtual number.

It seems that this guy has the money to spend lots money in a Steam Badge level, so I assume it wouldn't be a problem if they go to waste regardless if he successfully craft the cards or not

Arthea

He can do whatever he wants with his money. But we also have the right to give our opinions about his money spending on a virtual number.

It seems that this guy has the money to spend lots money in a Steam Badge level, so I assume it wouldn't be a problem if they go to waste regardless if he successfully craft the cards or not

oh c'mon now, it sill sucks for this person, all that time spent on it and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom