• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 |OT| It's better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we will all get into the why thinking.

But in all honest, let that dude do what he wants with his money.

Sure he can. But he shouldnt whine about that he cant get a higher level after he went to level 16000 or what...

He knew the cards will be invalid today. He knew that there are usually no infinite badge levels...

Deques

oh c'mon now, it sill sucks for this person, all that time spent on it and money.

I know it sucks, but if he was ready to spend 13k on cards that doesn't give anything back, then it wouldn't matter if he lost everything for nothing

On another note, new dlcs released for a f2p game

HTt5r71.png

Female dlcs are more expensive than male dlcs...

Ludens

Banned
To you it's a stupid badge, to others it's could be really important.

If someone think a badge is important when the only thing you need to do in order to get it is burn money...yeah.

Anyway I got the real ending on Grimrock 2, still I'm missing a lot of things but I think it's ok, I can uninstall it now.

Arthea

wait a second, so you guys are outraged by some person throwing own money away even if it doesn't affect you in the slightest, but you are OK with people embracing region locking, ridiculous prices, microtransactions, season passes and day one dlcs, etc.
go figure

"Hey Honey. You have any idea where the money went that we saved up for the new kitchen and bathroom?"
"Yeah. I found something better to do with it?"
"What?"
"I raised my Steam-Level to 16.000. It only costs us 12.000$. What a deal!"
"WHAT?!"

wait a second, so you guys are outraged by some person throwing own money away even if it doesn't affect you in the slightest, but you are OK with people embracing region locking, ridiculous prices, microtransactions, season passes and day one dlcs, etc.
go figure

I am more outraged that that guy has the nerve to blame Valve, not making any more levels than 16.000 on cards that were known to be invalid today.

Card Boy

Banned
go figure

This guy.

pelican

if that's really important to them they should loose all their money because their priorities are completely messed up.

Sorry, but what gives you the right to claim another person's priorities are messed up.

Oh, wait. Someone spends their money differently than you. Their money = they can spend it as they wish.

Jintor

i wanna good hack and slash. 2d top-down style would be good. i'd play more hyper light drifter but I gotta do some obscure shit before I can unlock the arena so eh.

Anything I should grab at the last second?

Ludens

Banned
go figure

Why are you talking about microtransactions, season passes etc?
How those fit the discussion?
I don't understand.

illusionary

Age of Wonders III
Endless Legend

...would anyone like to convince me that I do/don't need to buy these before the sale ends. And in each case, how about the available DLC, by way of the Age of Wonders III Collection and Amplitude Endless Pack (I already own Endless Space)?

I do generally enjoy turn-based strategy, hence these being on my radar, though my previous time with the genre has mainly been with Civ and XCOM.

Oh, and The Banner Saga - worthwhile as a purchase given that I have the sequel on Xbox One (but haven't yet played it)?

Sch1sm

looooool. I wish I had spare income like that.

I can't tell who the bigger loser is, this guy or the guy that is level 100 on the PSN.

which one spent more cash on images?

go figure

Welcome to SteamGAF, progressive and edgy.

This is why our understanding of mental disorders is so behind. Because people don't bother thinking for one second in another perspective that is not theirs.

Raxious

Seeing as it's the last day, I was wondering if some people got tips for some good simulation / management games:

Games like Software Inc. , Prison Architect, Cities Skyline I already have, but I'm looking for something else to keep me occupied this summer.

Sch1sm

What's the final day of the sale? Not today correct?

You've got about 4.5 hours left.

Seeing as it's the last day, I was wondering if some people got tips for some good simulation / management games:

Games like Software Inc. , Prison Architect, Cities Skyline I already have, but I'm looking for something else to keep me occupied this summer.

Mini Metro.
Mini Metro.
Mini Metro.
Mini Metro.
Mini Metro.

Did I say Mini Metro?

Big Pharma, Factorio, Euro Truck Sim, Cook Serve Delicious.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wargame 1942: VIP Package -- MB-08AB5CE2F36912D0

I wonder if we get better sales after the sale.

Last Winter sale during the days after the sale a lot of games got better discounts, because they only run for one day or a few days.

Are there any cheap (I think there's like £6-£7 left in the steam wallet) games that are similar to Far Cry (so not open world, although that doesn't matter, but basically FPS/3rd person shooter/stealth games with large sprawling levels and multiple ways to complete a level)?

So far off the top of my head I have:
Far Cry 1, 2 and 3.
Crysis.
Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory.
The Hitman series minus the brand new one.
Project IGI 1 and 2.
Chrome.

Age of Wonders III
Endless Legend

...would anyone like to convince me that I do/don't need to buy these before the sale ends. And in each case, how about the available DLC, by way of the Age of Wonders III Collection and Amplitude Endless Pack (I already own Endless Space)?

I do generally enjoy turn-based strategy, hence these being on my radar, though my previous time with the genre has mainly been with Civ and XCOM.

Oh, and The Banner Saga - worthwhile as a purchase given that I have the sequel on Xbox One (but haven't yet played it)?

AoW3 is great and the expansions only make it better. The best fantasy 4X on the market. If you like 4Xes I imagine you'll enjoy it a lot.

Corpekata

Banned
Are there any cheap (I think there's like £6-£7 left in the steam wallet) games that are similar to Far Cry (so not open world, although that doesn't matter, but basically FPS/3rd person shooter/stealth games with large sprawling levels and multiple ways to complete a level)?

Far Cry 1, 2 and 3.
Crysis.
Project IGI 1 and 2.
Chrome.

New Homefront is basically Far Cry.

Really most Ubisoft stuff these days.

There's some shared DNA with the Stalker series too.

CHC

I'm still torn on DOOM, ahhhh.

I really want it but there are games coming later that I want more, like Deus Ex or Dishonored 2.....

I'd also love to get Dying Light but for closer to 20 bucks than 30.

Jesus I've become such a cheapskate.

Far Cry 1, 2 and 3.
Crysis.
Project IGI 1 and 2.
Chrome.

The two new Wolfenstein games are $9.99 each but are exactly what you're looking for. You can play it shooter or you can play it stealth. Realistically, you'll have to play it both.

Also, Far Cry Blood Dragon if you don't already have it.

I'm still torn on DOOM, ahhhh.

I really want it but there are games coming later that I want more, like Deus Ex or Dishonored 2.....

I'd also love to get Dying Light but for closer to 20 bucks than 30.

Jesus I've become such a cheapskate.
Justdoit.gif

DOOM is the best FPS I have played for the last 10 years in terms of gunplay and I doubt anything this year will top it.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Sales always end on a monday

Any thoughts on gaffer-made Castaway Paradise? Its finally cheap enough if only just to see if I cba with another animal crossing type game, but it would help if it was decent :3

I made that game, it's awesome.

Li Kao

Hello guys, I have a question that I would have asked in the Steam thread but since it's frozen until the Steam sale is over, please bear with me.

This is about authenticators and how they work.

I recently started using Battle.net mobile authenticator and since the set up phase I was never asked to use it when connecting to battle.net.
Is it normal ? Is the thing only used when the system detects you are connecting from a new location or is something wrong here ?

Now the Steam one. I was contemplating installing it too but I'm not too sure how it will work either. Is the little shit going to annoy me at each connection or again when the system detects a new location ?

Xater

Hello guys, I have a question that I would have asked in the Steam thread but since it's frozen until the Steam sale is over, please bear with me.

This is about authenticators and how they work.

I recently started using Battle.net mobile authenticator and since the set up phase I was never asked to use it when connecting to battle.net.
Is it normal ? Is the thing only used when the system detects you are connecting from a new location or is something wrong here ?

Now the Steam one. I was contemplating installing it too but I'm not too sure how it will work either. Is the little shit going to annoy me at each connection or again when the system detects a new location ?

Only for new systems.

haikira

Can someone help me out?

What do I do with the cards I've earned from the summer event. Sell them, or turn them into gems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom