• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonic

image.php

Can I get a Team Red Avatar please <3

Tried again, probably not good enough for this one.

6XxowC4.png

Eusis

OH CRAP!!

Enslaved is already 75% off and isn't even a daily!

I know I know

JaseCWaitForTheDailies.gif
I think the special exception for Steam deals is that if the deal looks unusually good or is otherwise likely to vanish for whatever reason (IE games being pulled mid-sale from the store entirely) then... yeah, jump on it. I think Enslaved can go lower still, but I figure at best it'd be an extra $2.50, more likely 1.25, so if it goes on sale... I dunno, skip on the dollar menu if you go for that kind of fast food? Skip some other sort of snack?

Amzin

How does everyone like the change to the Community Choice? Pick one of two groups of games instead of just picking one game. I like it.

Yea I like it a lot more than the old way. I feel like it's more likely something I'll care about / normally doesn't go on sale will make it through

Vuze

So, about to go to bed. When do I have to be up tomorrow in order not to miss the community vote for the next flash sale?

It's 11pm here. A little confused about the time spans.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yeah that's what I was saying before but I think this user is asking a much more basic question, not about how ModBot orders the game names, but rather about how ModBot works on a basic level.

Are you asking how ModBot draws winners? It's first come first serve for anything that's a plain giveaway, and it's randomly chosen once the timer expires for timed raffles. It helps to read the rules for the thing that you're entering, which will tell you whether it's a giveaway or a raffle.

I am seeing two PMs from you:
- One entering for MB-A6714EDE29086F99 - Taken by Melhisedek. 3 entrants total. - This is a raffle for Fez that doesn't end for another 45 minutes, so obviously the winner hasn't been chosen
- One entering for MB-6BC428774A1A55AF - This is a raffle for The Last Remnant that doesn't end for another 90 minutes, so obviously the winner hasn't been chosen

Bumping my question, because you must have missed it

@Stumpokapow

I have a question regarding Modbot. Does the public blacklist override the personal one? Did a giveaway recently adding the public blacklist in the rules and a member who belonged to my personal blacklist ended up claiming the game.

Just want to make sure before I post a new giveaway

Samyy

Thanks to OnionPowder for Alan Wake :D
Heard a lot of good things about this game, can't wait to test it out on my new laptop :)

Teppic

So, about to go to bed. When do I have to be up tomorrow in order not to miss the community vote for the next flash sale?

It's 11pm here. A little confused about the time spans.
It says on the store page how many hours there's left..~4 hours left.

Kadin

Yea I like it a lot more than the old way. I feel like it's more likely something I'll care about / normally doesn't go on sale will make it through
The odd thing is the way it's worded though. They only say choose the 'type' of game you'd like to have win so maybe what they're showing isn't actually the full group? That would be pretty stupid if you ask me but each group does have an actual genre listed at the top so who knows. Guess we'll see in another 3.5hrs.

TsuXna

Yeah that's what I was saying before but I think this user is asking a much more basic question, not about how ModBot orders the game names, but rather about how ModBot works on a basic level.

Are you asking how ModBot draws winners? It's first come first serve for anything that's a plain giveaway, and it's randomly chosen once the timer expires for timed raffles. It helps to read the rules for the thing that you're entering, which will tell you whether it's a giveaway or a raffle.

I am seeing two PMs from you:
- One entering for MB-A6714EDE29086F99 - Taken by Melhisedek. 3 entrants total. - This is a raffle for Fez that doesn't end for another 45 minutes, so obviously the winner hasn't been chosen
- One entering for MB-6BC428774A1A55AF - This is a raffle for The Last Remnant that doesn't end for another 90 minutes, so obviously the winner hasn't been chosen

Thank you.

Ryne

How does everyone like the change to the Community Choice? Pick one of two groups of games instead of just picking one game. I like it.

Like it much better. Voted group A even though I only want one game on the list - however there is a bigger chance that people don't miss out on games they like not being voted (if that sentence made sense).

Kadin

30 randoms that at least contributed a tiny bit. Non-contributors don't seem to be qualified.
Right, my bad for leaving out that significant part but someone how donates 10 points has the same chance as someone who donates 1000, etc. Either way, cool idea for sure.

TsuXna

He means that the games are stored on a dictionary structure, which perse is not ordered, so its "imposible" to know how the games will be ordered (actually if I recall correctly python uses a hash table to implement the dicts, so it depends on the name of the game).
Thanks, but i meant just how Modbot chooses the winners ^ ^

Amzin

The odd thing is the way it's worded though. They only say choose the 'type' of game you'd like to have win so maybe what they're showing isn't actually the full group? That would be pretty stupid if you ask me but each group does have an actual genre listed at the top so who knows. Guess we'll see in another 3.5hrs.

It shows the discount those games will be, though, so it wouldn't make any sense to have just one make it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom