• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuXna

I should note that ModBot doesn't technically put them in reverse order, it just stores the games in a python dict object, which technically has no guaranteed order. I have actually no idea how python comes up with the order that it does.

Could you explain how it works please? Is it distributed randomly to a user? and is it luck based?
I've sent three pm's haven't got anything.

Anustart

Two different ones because it looked weird with the pink shadow AND background.

3GqEvqR.png

cGeLRnO.png

Much appreciated! Will change when I get home!

Damn, I'm already going crazy and the first block isn't even over yet. Picked up the Far Cry pack, Pac-Man DX, X-Com Bureau DLC and Daikatana.

Plz understand

Vastag

Could you explain how it works please? Is it distributed randomly to a user? and is it luck based?

He means that the games are stored on a dictionary structure, which perse is not ordered, so its "imposible" to know how the games will be ordered (actually if I recall correctly python uses a hash table to implement the dicts, so it depends on the name of the game).

Kadin

How does everyone like the change to the Community Choice? Pick one of two groups of games instead of just picking one game. I like it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
He means that the games are stored on a dictionary structure, which perse is not ordered, so its "imposible" to know how the games will be ordered (actually if I recall correctly python uses a hash table to implement the dicts, so it depends on the name of the game).

Yeah that's what I was saying before but I think this user is asking a much more basic question, not about how ModBot orders the game names, but rather about how ModBot works on a basic level.

Are you asking how ModBot draws winners? It's first come first serve for anything that's a plain giveaway, and it's randomly chosen once the timer expires for timed raffles. It helps to read the rules for the thing that you're entering, which will tell you whether it's a giveaway or a raffle.

I am seeing two PMs from you:
- One entering for MB-A6714EDE29086F99 - Taken by Melhisedek. 3 entrants total. - This is a raffle for Fez that doesn't end for another 45 minutes, so obviously the winner hasn't been chosen
- One entering for MB-6BC428774A1A55AF - This is a raffle for The Last Remnant that doesn't end for another 90 minutes, so obviously the winner hasn't been chosen

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_mhijx77gLx1qmufgro1_400.gif

OH SWEET JAYSUS

PRAISE DA LORD SWEET BABY JESUS

fhznla.png

0fDzMar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom