• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're getting hammered, I saw the daily deals looked at the packs went back and:
Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet.-101

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet.

SalsaShark said:
THE ONE RULES OF STEAM SALES
If it is not a daily deal, do not buy. Wait until the last day for all sale-long purchases, because they often will go on daily deal.
But I'm on holiday for the last 3 days...

To Russia with love.

If anyone would be willing to gift me The Witcher 2 for 13.99$ or whatever it was I'd be happy to gift you something of equal value.

Cardigan said:
Thinking about Borderlands but don't know if I want to wait for a 2K pack since I'd also like to pick up the BioShocks. Should I wait?
The bioshock games are gonna go for cheap. MAX $5 each, quite possibly less IMO. If all you want are the bioshocks + borderlands I would just buy borderlands now if i were you. IMO.

I just woke up from a nap to this.
2gtxahs.jpg

Recettear is so mine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I am admittedly new to the Steam summer sales. What's the likelihood of a game like Witcher 2 getting any kind of discount during the sale?

EDIT: Whoops. I'm a moron.

geeko

Holding out for these games:

Ass Bro
Bulletstorm
Darksiders
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Magicka Complete
Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum
Fallout: New Vegas
dirt 2

10 days of goodness *SWOON*

Derrick01

Banned
Disappointing first day as half of it I already own, the other half I couldn't care less about. Oh well...10-11 more days to go!

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Nekrono said:
Alright need advice on DoW2: Retribution and Recettear, are they any good, worth games?

Dawn of War is amazing if you like RTS and RPG (a little bit of both) The multiplayer is amazing is you have the patience to become a good player

Amneisac said:
Is the FOV bad? I heard its 55 and you can't change it? I don't want to barf out my eyes. I couldn't play Singularity because of the FOV.
I can't help you there. I don't usually get dizzy from games. :(

Meier

Picked up Recettear (sp?) finally after waiting since I missed the last sale on it. Hopefully it lives up to the incredible hype that GAF has heaped upon it.

Tempted to jump at The Witcher but I honestly would probably not get to it for a bit so I'll just hold off for some time. Unless some wealthy benefactor wants to gift it to me.

Also, can't recommend Borderlands GOTY enough -- very, very entertaining game.

GuardianE said:
I am admittedly new to the Steam summer sales. What's the likelihood of a game like Witcher 2 getting any kind of discount during the sale?

Wat?

It's on discount right now. Right on the front page.

For someone who doesn't buy games for the sake of collecting them, would any of these games be worth it at full retail price? (aka great game, not 'for that price you could get it').

PaulLFC

Anybody want anything worth $15 gifting in return for gifting DoW Retribution? It's £15 here, damn exchange rates.

grendelrt

Nekrono said:
Alright need advice on DoW2: Retribution and Recettear, are they any good, worth games?

Retribution is amazing if you like RTS. Its squad based RTS, the last stand mode is a lot of fun as well.

gdt

GuardianE said:

Today is the lowest it'll go.

Posting it again to know opinions, and it was the last response of the page :(

OK, opinions time!
How good are this games:

-BTTF
-TDU2 (I played 1 and was fun for some time, but im interested in the Ibiza setting as Im from Spain)
-Borderlands (heard the PC version was not good)
-Bit Trip Runner (I like Bit Trip Beat, but also think is very difficult)

Convince me to not buy this games, good sirs!

kuYuri

Anticitizen One said:
did they ever fix multiplayer coop in borderlands? or do you still have to patch it up yourself
I had problems with Borderlands coop and it was fixed by a patch awhile ago, probably before Zombie Island even came out.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
GuardianE said:

lol it already is 33% off

kai3345

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
And I just was payed and have in hand 1000 euros.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just payed a lot at my trip to Los Angeles, dont make me want to spend more mone :(

OK, opinions time!
How good are this games:

-BTTF
-TDU2 (I played 1 and was fun for some time, but im interested in the Ibiza setting as Im from Spain)

Never played BTTF (about to buy it) but Every game I've played from Telltale (All 3 Sam and Max Seasons, Strong Bad and Monkey Island Ep 1) have ALL been top notch. I'll defenitley be buying this.

Borderlands is excellent so long as you can find at least 2 other friends to play with you, otherwise its boring as fuck

Dipswitch

Bah, may have spoken too soon about being safe...

Does anyone know how you can check which DLC you've previously purchased for a game in the Steam client? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the Claptrap DLC for Borderlands or if I already own the damn thing......

StuBurns

Banned
More Fun To Compute said:
Bloodlines and The Last Remnant are in the big list of reduced games. Could be a couple of daily sales here that people have been waiting a while for.
I've got my eyes on TLR. I wonder if EA will participate at all, there are a couple of EA titles I'm lusting for.

GuardianE said:
I'd say pretty good since its a daily deal right now. (In the US store at least).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Posting it again to know opinions.

OK, opinions time!
How good are this games:

-BTTF

Bit.Trip.Runner is a reflex platformer with a downright incredible soundtrack and very tight gameplay. At 2.50 there shouldn't be any question.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
interesting, the SSFIVAE deal isn't a daily, guess I can wait a bit :p

Also, lol valve, play the games we buy? preposterous! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom