• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe Season 2 |OT| Obama chuckled. "You mean the Crystal Gems?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
jiIQ4K4.png

WE
Are the Crystal Gems
We'll always save the day
And if you think you can't, we'll
Always find a way
That's why the people of this world
Believe in
Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl
And Steven!

ZFkHFHL.png

Steven is the proverbial “little brother” to a team of magical guardians of humanity, the CRYSTAL GEMS! Steven may not be as powerful as the Crystal Gems. Or as smart. And he may not have any control over the magical powers that come out of his bellybutton. But that doesn’t stop him from joining Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl on their magical adventures - where Steven always finds a surprising way to save the day.

NmqvYf9.png

cng657p.png

Steven Universe (voiced by Zach Callison) is the happy-go-lucky eponymous protagonist. The son of former Gem Rose Quartz (who died giving birth to Steven and passed on her powers to him) and Greg Universe (a one-hit wonder musician whose stage name is apparently his legal name), Steven acts as sort of a surrogate little brother for the other three gems. Although his heart is bigger than his brain, he still manages to do the right thing when it counts and unfailingly bring a smile to the faces of everyone he meets.

zl5qDVR.png

Garnet (voiced by Estelle) is the strong, silent leader of the Gems whose icy demeanor masks her kind, caring nature. She fights using a pair of crimson gauntlets summoned from the gems on her hands.

6gm0cIb.png

Amethyst (voiced by Michaela Dietz) is the Gems' token slacker; a rather immature girl who values having fun above completing missions. Despite this, she can still be very deadly when push comes to shove, and fights using a multi-tipped whip summoned from the gem on her chest.

biXvJ9U.png

Pearl (voiced by Deedee Magno) is the most motherly of the gems, and the one in charge of making sure Steven stays out of trouble while learning to control his powers. She is also the best character in the show, which is something you'll have to accept if you want to post in this thread. Pearl fights using a naginata summoned from the gem on her forehead.

wXCSP3n.png

Rose Quartz (voiced by Susan Egan) is both the former leader of the Crystal Gems and Steven's late mother, who gave up her physical form to birth him. Despite passing away long before the start of the series, Rose remains a key player in the Steven Universe mythology. Additionally, many of Steven's powers, including his healing ability and the shield summoned from his gem, were directly inherited from her.

pdWONYR.png

Here's a wonderful episode guide for the entirety of Season 1 made by our very our Psxphile. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication, buddy! You're strong in the real way!

FAQ said:
A note regarding spoilers:

Spoilers are to be tagged for 3 HOURS following its initial airing, to give watchers on both coasts a chance to catch up before the thread becomes a minefield. Spoilers on unreleased episodes are to be tagged until the episode airs. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please try to be courteous regarding hints, teases and leaks from the creators, as not everyone wants to know everything in advance.

What is a "Steven Bomb?"

A Steven Bomb refers to a promotional event that has happened twice so far in which five brand-new episodes air over the course of a week. If you see someone use that term in the thread, they're probably talking about a deluge of new episodes over a protracted period of time.

What's the appropriate way to act following a particularly heavy-hitting episode?

Let Pearl demonstrate.

Remember to read the note on spoilers, guys! Some people got bummed that the last Steven Bomb was spoiled by this thread before they had the chance to watch it, so let's try and avoid that this time around!

Nice thread, just the right amount of info at the beginning. Steven Bomb 2 has me excited about where the show is going to go next.

Fj0823

Connie is best girl, ever.

And I don't say this just because she's basically my GF turned cartoon character

Op is correct that Pearl is best Gem. Garnet is a respectable, and close second.

Garnet is best Gem
Pearl is best Mom
Amethyst is best big sis
Connie is best girl
Greg is Best Dad
Sadie is best short-stack
Lion is best Animal.

These are the undeniable facts.

Great OT! Love the episode guide! I was kind of wondering where those weird designs forthe gems came from. They're from the pilot. Think I might spend some iTunes credit to get the Season Pass and buy the previous episodes.

Raxus

Schedule and episode plot synopses for the new StevenBomb.

MON Jun 15 - 6:00pm - 206 -
Sworn to the Sword - Connie trains with Pearl to be a sword fighter.

TUE Jun 16 - 6:00pm - 207 -
Rising Tides/Crashing Skies - Ronaldo does some investigative reporting on whether Steven and the Crystal Gems are safe for Beach City.

WED Jun 17 - 6:00pm - 208 -
Keeping It Together - Steven and the Gems find a dark secret when they revisit Kindergarten.

THU Jun 18 - 6:00pm - 209 -
We Need to Talk - Greg tells Steven and Connie the story of how he learned about Gem fusion.

FRI Jun 19 - 6:00pm - 210 -
Chille Tid - Steven and the Gems hope a slumber party will allow them some time to relax.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlist...en+Universe&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on
Schedule for the Steven Bomb this week complete with episode summary. Quick reminder previews for episodes get posted early so watch youtube links until the episode airs if you are west coast.

Still can't believe Stevenbomb 2 and E3 are on the same week; E3 could go either way (I'm still pretty excited regardless), but I can't see SU being anything but killer.

Mr. Sam

I'm only in the mid-twenties of the first season - and, as such, probably should run and hide from this thread - but I just wanted to come in and here be like, "Yeah! Steven Universe! Best show on Cartoon Network!"

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh wow, awesome that we are getting new episodes and 5 at once! Hopefully the season is long.

I was actually watching some of the older episodes yesterday. Some I missed and others I was watching when I really wasn't into the show yet. It made me lol when Garnet put Steven's hand down when he was volunteering to be Pearl's sparring partner.

Also most approriate thread subtitle :D

KingDirk

So excited about this! Last time my wife wanted to binge all five episodes at once so I may have to avoid this thread until Saturday. =P

Calpain

Hey guys! It has been a long time since the NeoGAF pony threads. Glad to see there are SU threads too now here on Neo. Beach City Bugle will be having a discussion thread for the start of the Steven Bomb tonight so drop by and chat if you can!

I see you guys have a marvelous chart for new comers to SU! Would it be possible for me to post on the site if I source the thread here or at least the creator?

Thanks so much guys! It's nice to be typing on NeoGAF again!

Edit: Dang, that was the avatar I left NeoGAF with years ago? Dang.

Hey guys! It has been a long time since the NeoGAF pony threads. Glad to see there are SU threads too now here on Neo. Beach City Bugle will be having a discussion thread for the start of the Steven Bomb tonight so drop by and chat if you can!

I see you guys have a marvelous chart for new comers to SU! Would it be possible for me to post on the site if I source the thread here or at least the creator?

Huh, I didn't know there were Equestria Daily guys on NeoGAF, but I suppose that makes sense. As for the chart, it may be best if you just PM'd Psxphile, since he made it.

Calpain

Huh, I didn't know there were Equestria Daily guys on NeoGAF, but I suppose that makes sense. As for the chart, it may be best if you just PM'd Psxphile, since he made it.

Appreciate it! Yeah, I actually made it in sometime during 2011 back when pony started taking off and way before I was an admin at EqD. I'll send a PM to Psxphile about the chart as I think it'll be a great tool on Beach City Bugle for new fans that pop in on the site!

Hamlet

EW - Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar on growing up, gender politics and her brother
Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar, an Adventure Time alum, is the first woman to create a show for Cartoon Network, and the second half of season two premieres on Monday, June 15 with a brand new opening.

I don’t want to give any spoilers, but there will be a lot more about Gem history and Gems in the present and how they feel about what’s going on, on earth.
Neato

Huh, neat. Good to have someone from the Bugle posting here!

I'm sure Psxphile wouldn't mind letting you use the episode guide if you asked him, but would it be too much to ask to throw up a link to this thread while you're at it? We're still a relatively small community, so it'd be great to get all the exposure we can (especially from a potentially huge fansite like the Bugle)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom