• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe Season 2 |OT| Obama chuckled. "You mean the Crystal Gems?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

oh, it was a harness lol

Pearl's not fucking around.

The new credits suggest they've been staying overnight at the barn to work on the drill. The new incredibly brief promo also gave away
they would be back at Kindergarten, so I guess we know where they're going to get the actual drill bit from.

JDSN

Banned
Im guessing Peridot is a low caste gem too? She considers herself useless without the enhancers and is outraged at the idea of having a Pearl of her own.

Amethyst's laugh is the best.

dity

I wonder how much gems of the same type differ in appearance? Peridot noted Pearl as being quite a fancy Pearl, do you think the same sort of thing IRL with gem stones is relevant to gems? Things like having a cloudy gem, or a diamond that glimmers more. That sort of thing. Maybe size also matters too?

Psxphile

Im guessing Peridot is a low caste gem too? She considers herself useless without the enhancers and is outraged at the idea of having a Pearl of her own.
"Outraged"? Sure that's the word you want to go with?

Someone else likened Pearls and Peridots to droids from Star Wars. R2s and protocol droids like C3PO mostly. And I'm thinking: yeah, kinda.

PSqueak

Banned

So after yesterday's ep...Pearl tied Peridot like a dog.

Geez Pearl, what Peridot said was awful, but you don't have to be this petty!

It's funny tho.

Someone else likened Pearls and Peridots to droids from Star Wars. R2s and protocol droids like C3PO mostly. And I'm thinking: yeah, kinda.

She wasn't herself outraged at the idea of owning a pearl, but it she seemed to suggest that a Peridot owning a Pearl would cause outrage in the Homeworld.

PSqueak

Banned
Maybe it's just me but it seems like amethyst has gotten slimmer.

A few regenerations will do that to ya.

Not that it matters much, she's a shape shifter.

Boring answer: Artists on the show streamlining the designs, like how steven has become more of a stocky short person rather than a chubby boy.

I wouldn't liken it to Driods.
They have a strait class system in play but there's no reason to think that anyone's made differently than anyone else. And the one of the things to take away from this conflict was that Pearl was able to become as good at building stuff as PDot ... who was "made for this".

Would liken it more to just simple ol fashion racism. Pearls being the slaves who are looked at as "less then gem" in this case.

zeemumu

Peridot reminds me of a combination of Zim and Serious Gir's personalities.

raw

Although considering they aired the first episode of season 2 right after the last episode of season 1, I don't see a reason why they couldn't get to the midseason finale and keep airing episodes after that for a while.

Early next year better have a long streak of episodes to make up for only having 6 episodes in the entirety of the second half of 2015.

dity

Plus Adventure Time returns and there are a ton of end of the year specials.

This is actually the longest AT has been on hiatus since it premiered.
The CN juggernaut needs its space. It coming back going to be a huge thing.

I'm only like 1/3 through season 3. I really need to catch up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom