• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter : 3rd Strike SUPER appreciation thread

With Dudley and co finally revealed for SSFIV, hope Capcom milks it again and brings Third Strike to XBox Live and PSN.

I'd love to play Third Strike online.

jlevel13

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
With Dudley and co finally revealed for SSFIV, hope Capcom milks it again and brings Third Strike to XBox Live and PSN.

I'd be VERY surprised if this doesn't happen this summer or fall.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
how is playing third strike on ps3 backwards compatibility?

i wouldnt mind picking it up to get some time in a training room situation. [it does have a training mode, right?]

Pandaman said:
how is playing third strike on ps3 backwards compatibility?

i wouldnt mind picking it up to get some time in a training room situation. [it does have a training mode, right?]
Unfortunately, as with any other PS2 game, there is slight input lag when playing on a PS3 via BC. My preferred way is on an actual PS2 (on an SDTV!)

oracrest

<3 <3 <3 HUGO

StreetFighterHugo.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The Take Out Bandit said:
. . .

GAF I am disappoint.

You can find SF:AC for $14.95 @ Toys R Us.

No reason to not own it.

^^

True story.

I have the 360 and PS2 versions. (B2G1 last year)

I also have the bootleg copy of SF3 for DC that has all 3 versions on 1 disc.

Been playing this for over a week now and I still can't pick other than the "shoryuken clan" which are Ruy, Ken and Akuma.

Ibuki does shitty damage and for some reason I can't get the hang of Makoto. Urien and Dudley are cool maybe I should play with them a little more.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Played this for a while yesterday, but the input lag for PS2 is getting pretty annoying ... so yeah, I'll figure out another solution

Forkball

I never played this game until it came to the PS2, but I enjoyed it. Not quite as much as SFII, but I can appreciate what it was trying to do. A lot of people slam the game for being simply too weird in the character department, and I can understand that. A lot of the characters seem like bizarro versions of SFII favorites.

Threi said:

Amazing.

I watch these videos and fear for my life when I get a GGPO enabled PC. Some of the amazing parries that are just functional for advanced players, but to someone with a rudimentary grasp of the mechanics - mind boggling.

SF3 was a game way ahead of it's time.

I've never get tired of watching good matches. At least it's not a bunch of boring ass damage trades.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Yeah, that was Kokujin, one of the top, if not the top Dudley players, vs J.

J, as you can tell, is a bad ass.

Edit: Oh yeah, I cam in here to bitch about how tight this game is, in terms of commands and the like.

Jesus Christ. If I become good at 3S, I'm going to be godlike in S4. I could blame my terrible execution on the square gate before, but I'm using my stick now, and it's ever so slightly better. This is baaaaaaad. : /

And I don't have a training room to train in! :|

I swear people always shit on twelve and his design, but he is one of my favorite fighters ever. Such an awesome character...but I think I say that about each new character in third strike :lol

qcf x2

adversesolutions said:
fuck?

versus SF4's one-frame links?

no contest. sf3 execution is easy man.

Timing is stricter
for no damn reason
in SF4, just about everything else, especially executing the motions is far more difficult in 3s (and to a lesser extent any previous SF).

oracrest

abstract alien said:
I swear people always shit on twelve and his design, but he is one of my favorite fighters ever. Such an awesome character...but I think I say that about each new character in third strike :lol

I went through a wierd transition where I thought a lot of the characters in 3rd strike were really goofy, but something about Elena using only kicks for all her attacks, even when you punch was really cool. I thought it was neat character design, and then all the other characters slowly grew on me, a lot. Hugo, remy, Q, Urien, Oro and the rest are all very interesting to me now. If anything, now the older characters seem standard and boring by comparison.

It helps that the number of animation frames are ridiculous in 3rd strike too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
adversesolutions said:
fuck?

versus SF4's one-frame links?

no contest. sf3 execution is easy man.

3S execution to me, was the best and fairest of any SF game. I could do whatever I wanted easily (except Daigo parries, but I never considered those a good thing really)

3S execution would solve the biggest problem SF4 has in my eyes.

Spiderjericho said:
Wow. It was like the touch of death whenever he got his first command grab. If she's like that in SSFIV, it's going to be insane.

I have TS for the three consoles but have never played it on PC. I'll need to look into GGPO, especially since you can install it on a laptop.
She's won't. Noone knows if you can follow up with Fukiages after Abare Tosanami now that it's an Ultra, and that's where all her stun damage comes from. Plus the juggle system is way lamer in IV, so who knows about those follow-up corner Hayates.

Not to mention, st.Fierce into Abare Tosanami is a cancel in 3S. Setting it up in S4 will be totally different unless st.Fierce is like minus 15 on hit like someone suggested :lol.

From the trailer she still has her Fukiage, jump cancel, Tsurugi though, which makes me happy.

YO-Q

Yup, This is my Favorite game ever. Not really feeling sf4 so I just get the homies over and we do it up like this...

no lag no bullshit, just fun! and yes I prefer the u.s style sticks over the Pac Man Jap sticks. Grew up on them and works better for me.

ElFly

sf3ngsuperarttv2.jpg

Am I the only one who misses the weird backgrounds used during super arts in New Generation?

Jesus, why I couldn't find a better image than that.

oracrest

I got to play some good players in Portland a few nights back at ground kontrol arcade. It was a good time!

My Hugo is rusty, it has been a few years.

Red Scarlet said:
Nice, something to watch while eating cereal.

I don't think I could handle eating and watching 3S vids. I feel like I would make a mess of cereal and milk yelling out "HOLY SHIT AT THAT PARRY FFFFF!!!"

Top Bottom