• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter : 3rd Strike SUPER appreciation thread

bPod said:
I was disappointed that 3rd Strike didn't make the cut for EVO

game is incredible!

I blame the white people! >:|

America has a short god damned attention span, and 3S never gained a foothold here since arcades died and consoles had no online play. It was only in hindsight that most of these twats started to give a shit about SF3 in general.

God damned shame.

LakeEarth

BREAKING from Comic-Con!!!

12:21

Mike Nelson:
"We have not forgotten about SF 3. In fact, from it. We've just started producing to bring this back to you. Street Fighter 3, Third Strike, Online Edition."
Saturday July 24, 2010 12:21 Mike Nelson
12:22

Mike Nelson:
"Because you saved my job, the least I could do is bring Street Fighter 3 back to you."

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:23

Mike Nelson:
"Now that I have announced it, the company can't stop us, so we're going to take our time to bring this out. It's not going to come out in the immediate future, but just let everyone know that Street Fighter 3 is coming back.'
Aww.

Rufus

Keep in mind that they are also spread out over time. Street Fighter x Tekken isn't coming for another two years at least. SF3 on XBLA and PSN can't be much of a risk, since they're not going to put a whole lot of money in it. MVC3 has an in-built audience as well, i.e. guaranteed sales. The only thing I'm not sure about is SSF4 for the 3DS.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
bPod said:
I was disappointed that 3rd Strike didn't make the cut for EVO

game is incredible!

It's still regionally popular- North Carolina loves the game, I think parts of Cali do as well.

That said, the game is going to need a rebalance to ever appear at EVO again- sure of it. Especially with all the other games coming out.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
BitchTits said:
How do people feel about Yang in this game? I see a lot about Yun, but not Yang.
i always like Yang more than Yun, probably cuz he was the closest to Fei long(char i've mained before), or looked like a Gundam Wing character

and KO = fav Yang user

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got some GREAT matches in last night. starting to convert my group of close friends!

CvS2 in college --> SF4/SSF4 --> now 3rd Strike :D

i hate that to play guile, one of my favorite characters, i have to pick remy. dude is such a douche.

RS4-

I finally installed it again on my win7-64 PC, is there any settings I should use? It still feels weird, only thing I changed was adding the scan lines and putting it on experimental blitter (or something like that)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kuroda(Ken) --- Tokido(Chun)
Nitto(Yun) ----- Ochibi(Yun)
MOV(Chun) ---- KO(Yang)
I love 3s.

Yep, Ono burns too many calories finding ways to f*ck things up.

Dude is single handedly destroying Capcom's legacy.

Really need to get GGPO up and running at some point. Tony Cannon does what Capcom/SNK don't. :X

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Take Out Bandit said:
Yep, Ono burns too many calories finding ways to f*ck things up.

Dude is single handedly destroying Capcom's legacy.

Really need to get GGPO up and running at some point. Tony Cannon does what Capcom/SNK don't. :X

You dont even know what you're trolling about anymore.

CO_Andy

I wholeheartedly concur: TToB trolling is becoming focking annoying.

Turning SF into 3D was a logical decision from a business perspective. Even if you wanna burn it, it doesn't make his contributions any less than fantastic for reviving the freakin' fighting genre.

Other upcoming contributions: legitimate 3rd Strike online play, playable Poison...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit looks fake...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
wait what, they're re-doing stuff for 3s online? why? the game looks so nice. :/

Yoshichan

Brobzoid said:
wait what, they're re-doing stuff for 3s online? why? the game looks so nice. :/
Not on 40" HDTVs... :(

Top Bottom