• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter : 3rd Strike SUPER appreciation thread

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Here in the states there arent a lot of Akuma. YooYoung on SRK is really good with him. Saw him beast at Final Round last year with Akuma and Dudley..

In Japan there are some really sick Akuma players. Match is the only one that comes to mind right now. If you can find vids of him, check it out, he is solid...

Alright, we made it to three pages. good work guys.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Sadly, I've gone cold turkey on Hugo. Haven't played "seriously" in months, save the occasional mini-session with my best friend and only 3rd Strike partner.

Hell, I can't even remember the last time I played online. :-(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Tain said:
nothing beats playing it daily in these dorm rooms
Aww yeah, fighting games in student halls is a great way to ruin one's degree :lol My pals and I are all about the CvS2 matchups - I know, we're way behind the times, but it's difficult to keep up, and we still have a blast after almost 2 years of the stuff! Like you say, figuring out your mates' playing styles with each character and honing your own skills against 'em is what makes these things so addictive.

So, if I play CvS2 why am I here? I wanted to check this thread out (which was very nicely started btw LakeEarth) because a Japanese copy of SF3 for PS2 should be arriving in my mail hole sometime quite soon... So how do you vets reckon we'll be able to translate our skills from the mish-mash world of Capcom and SNK? I mean, we play SFA3 sometimes when we wanna speed things up, and it obviously feels very different. With Third Strike, might we stand some chance with the game mechanics and such? Are we totally boned? At the very least I'm hoping we'll enjoy the new faces and gorgeous animation =)

Thanks for any input y'all can provide.

LakeEarth said:
:lol

Are you ... being...ser...seri..

:lol

Well professionally you don't see a lot of Akuma's out there. But if you go online, you will see quite a few.

Well, i have the PS2 version of Anniversary Collection so no online for me :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
To see a real professional Akuma :

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2G06YNZ4QCKZQ09FEFKLHFTZUD

He takes on the best of the best :D

And yeah I don't play very often online anymore. Just no time and too many games in my backlog. So usually I play a quick AI game here and there, which sucks but I don't get frustrated at least.

That's exactly it. Just too many damn games. Everything was on hold when Anniversary Collection dropped, so now, finally, I'm trying to catch up. I will be playing tonight though, just not online.

LakeEarth

_leech_ said:
Well, i have the PS2 version of Anniversary Collection so no online for me :lol
I was laughing cause basically, Akuma is the character notorious for scrubby players to pick. Not to say you can't be good with him, cause you can, but on average if you face an Akuma online, he'll just be air fireballing, air hurricane kicking, random shoryuken'ing again and again and again, with no strategy at all. But as that video above shows, Akuma in the hands of someone skilled can be a force.

B-Genius said:
So, if I play CvS2 why am I here? I wanted to check this thread out (which was very nicely started btw LakeEarth) because a Japanese copy of SF3 for PS2 should be arriving in my mail hole sometime quite soon... So how do you vets reckon we'll be able to translate our skills from the mish-mash world of Capcom and SNK? I mean, we play SFA3 sometimes when we wanna speed things up, and it obviously feels very different. With Third Strike, might we stand some chance with the game mechanics and such? Are we totally boned? At the very least I'm hoping we'll enjoy the new faces and gorgeous animation =)
The game is much slower than CvS2 so that might turn you off on the game. It won't take too much of an adjustment though.

negitoro7

I was burned out on 3rd Strike for a while, hadn't played console games at all for over a month this semester (been playing DS and recently DMC3: SE though).

I too have struggled to get better these last few months. I went from really bad to being strictly a Remy whore, to being somewhat decent with the majority of the cast..... and now I'm stuck there.

I hardly have any good matches online anymore, either I get completely crushed or I rack up 20-1 runs. What ever happened to the mid-tier online players? I suppose they have moved on to other games, I'm afraid I might have to suffer the same fate. :(

Tain

My current project? Use the meeting rooms in the campus Student Union, complete with their hi-def projectors and huge screens, to play some Third Strike.

The only problem is, well, getting in there and having them not care. I don't want to have to reserve a room two weeks in advance.

So, if I play CvS2 why am I here? I wanted to check this thread out (which was very nicely started btw LakeEarth) because a Japanese copy of SF3 for PS2 should be arriving in my mail hole sometime quite soon... So how do you vets reckon we'll be able to translate our skills from the mish-mash world of Capcom and SNK? I mean, we play SFA3 sometimes when we wanna speed things up, and it obviously feels very different. With Third Strike, might we stand some chance with the game mechanics and such? Are we totally boned?

It'll be an adjustment, but it's not much bigger than the hop between most 2D fighters.

At the very least I'm hoping we'll enjoy the new faces and gorgeous animation =)

You'll definitely do that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, thanks for your replies. LakeEarth, is it really that much slower? Sure, it's easy to hop around and spend a lot of time in the air in CvS2, but from some of the vids I've seen of SF3 it seems pretty fast-paced. Certainly looks more technical though... more about "which hit can I get in without being twatted back?" rather than "how many hits can I get in?"

Tain, very reassuring :) Oh, and awesome idea about abusing the SU facilities. Come to think of it, our common room has a similar arrangement, but all I've seen on it recently is horrible Chinese karaoke and University Challenge... This will have to change.

Just out of interest, are you based in the UK? If so, where?

LakeEarth

Depends on the character you are, but for the most part its a slow pace. A good ground game and good pokes are much more important in this game. Huge combos aren't that important in this game at all.

Tain

Yeah, combos aren't nearly as big of a deal. And the ones to memorize are more based on strict timing than longer strings of hits.

Just out of interest, are you based in the UK? If so, where?

Nah, Ohio.

LakeEarth

This thread encouraged me to go online, and in about 6 sets, I was the winner of 5. Funnily enough, the only two people who dropped on me had the highest ranking. Big suprise there.

Highlights :
I had 5% of my health left and Ryu had perfect, I was Yun and I was able to get it him down to 10% (I actually know Genei Jin combos now), before he activates his Dejinn and fuck up the parry.
Akuma vs my Hugo - he sends out an air superfireball, I parry them all to the last hit and activate Hammer Frenzy, going through the last hit of the fireball and hitting Akuma while he tried to hit me low while I was parrying high.
Nice j.rh -> d.mk -> SAI -> lk Joudan (KO!) combo in the corner to win the close Ryu vs Ryu match.

I played a mean Elena ... yes, I said Elena! I have little experience fighting good Elena and Oro players, so she pretty much made swiss cheese out of me. Only a 3 game set though, I wish the guy didn't leave so quick.

for the longest time when oro did this....

Sf_oro_pose_1.gif

i thought his rope knots were his testicles dangling.

hey, it's hard to see details in an arcade!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
my ressurection jutsu is too strong. you owe me LakeEarth! :p

oh yeah i ended up playing some tonite as well. i ended up playing more neo geo battle collesium more than anyhting though..

Barry Lightning said:

Sf_oro_pose_1.gif

That is his nuts man. Do his nuetral throw. SUCK ON THAT CRUSTY NUT.

ps: thats not a rope.

Calidor

I'm on the "late to the party" wandbagon.. i was able to grab a copy just 1 week ago, and i've never played SFIII before. But i love 2d fighting games and played everything (SF2, SFA1-2-3, KOf,GG)
The game is beautiful, the animation blew my mind, and the music is awesome but i need a few answer there :D

- wich is the combo who does most damage overall?

- how do you train your skills? i've been playing the arcade mode at 8 star difficulty and i can advance fairly easy plus if you want some quick games you've to start from 1st match where the comp is dumber

- there are any difference on the PS2/DC/XBOX/Arcade version of 3rd strike besides online mode? i'm playing dc version

- any tip for parrying? i just can't parry more than 2 hits if any

and last something related, a good arcade stick compatible with pc and consoles :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh god, I've been playing 3rd Strike constantly, lately. It's easily one of the greatest SF games ever.

Calidor said:
- there are any difference on the PS2/DC/XBOX/Arcade version of 3rd strike besides online mode? i'm playing dc version

The DC version is a different revision of Third Strike than on PS2/Xbox, the PS2/Xbox is the more preferred revision of the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Barry Lightning said:

Sf_oro_pose_1.gif

I always loved Oro's Super Art that smacks the crap out of the enemy with a single punch button (QCF QCF P, approach opponent, P). It's a guaranteed laugh when your enemy is trying to pull off something stylish.

LakeEarth

Calidor said:
I'm on the "late to the party" wandbagon.. i was able to grab a copy just 1 week ago, and i've never played SFIII before. But i love 2d fighting games and played everything (SF2, SFA1-2-3, KOf,GG)
The game is beautiful, the animation blew my mind, and the music is awesome but i need a few answer there :D

- wich is the combo who does most damage overall?

- how do you train your skills? i've been playing the arcade mode at 8 star difficulty and i can advance fairly easy plus if you want some quick games you've to start from 1st match where the comp is dumber

and last something related, a good arcade stick compatible with pc and consoles :)
1. Combos aren't as important in this game as in others. Getting a good ground game and sticking out pokes are more important. But for the record, I might be wrong here, but I think it'd be Ryu's j.hp -> s.hp -> fp shoryuken -> Shin shoryuken (SAII), then catch him with a fierce hurricane kick on his way down. Again, its not important what's most powerful, its what's easier to hit people with.

2. Play real people, which I know sucks this day in age since arcades are very dead, but you aren't gonna get much out of the computer other than perfecting your timing. The AI does not fall for any mix-up tricks and has the tendency to counter what you did millisecond after you pushed the button. In all fighters, but in 3rd Strike especially, reading your opponents and making them do what you want them to do is an extremely important, while the AI will obviously not have any of that.

The AI also will rarely punish you for your mistakes. One of the quickest ways to learn is to learn what not to do. It usually takes a while, but even the most hard headed scrub will learn not to ShoRyuKen every single wakeup for you just to block it and take off half their energy when they come down.

Also if you want to get really good, study the game. http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Lots of information there on everything 3rd Strike. Keep in mind it only shows threads created in the last month, so if you want to see older, make it display more at the bottom.

3. The DC version is the worst version if you're trying to get good professionally at this game. There are no unblockables allowed in the game (for some dumb reason they took them out), so Urien's game is fucked, and Oro's game is half fucked. Timing on moves are completely different from the arcade, among other differences. None of the console versions of 3rd Strike is 100% EXACTLY like the arcades, but the PS2 and Xbox versions are much much closer.

4. Parrying Training, and just start off slow. Learn to parry super-fireballs. But really, learning how to parry multiple hit moves is not important. Hell, I'd say stick with blocking until you get a good feel for the game before you try to parry, as parrying is something you only do if you really really think you got a read on your opponent, or he does something very slow.

TheTrin said:
I always loved Oro's Super Art that smacks the crap out of the enemy with a single punch button (QCF QCF P, approach opponent, P). It's a guaranteed laugh when your enemy is trying to pull off something stylish.
Although you'll never hit this super on anyone remotely good, it is an awesome looking super. Hitting someone twice with it in the same 'charge up' is so rewarding :lol

Tain

Also if you want to get really good, study the game. http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

One of the greatest things about Third Strike is that I didn't feel pressured directly into studying the game. Simply learning from human competition was enough. While you can get good simply by picking stuff up through fights in most games, Third Strike seems to allow for this more than most. I'm not saying that studying is useless, though.

3. The DC version is the worst version if you're trying to get good professionally at this game. There are no unblockables allowed in the game (for some dumb reason they took them out), so Urien's game is fucked, and Oro's game is half fucked. Timing on moves are completely different from the arcade, among other differences. None of the console versions of 3rd Strike is 100% EXACTLY like the arcades, but the PS2 and Xbox versions are much much closer.

I'm assuming that the Xbox and PS2 versions are essentially exactly the same, at least. Am I right? If this is the case, I'd say that the home versions are even more definitive than the arcade.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
The DC version is a different revision of Third Strike than on PS2/Xbox, the PS2/Xbox is the more preferred revision of the game.

when i imported 3rd strike for dc back in the day, i was so upset the graphics by default were "blurred" or aliased or something - i think, in effect, as a way to "challenge" the fluid look of the guilty gear game of the time.

thank goodness there was a code you could enter at startup to make the game appear like double impact and indeed the arcade: nice and bitmapped.

this always bothered me, however, having to enter this code every time i wanted to play 3rd strike. friends thought i was nuts, none of them ever noticing the difference. for this very reason alone, i would choose double impact rather than 3rd strike to get my SF fix on.

does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about, or am i still entirely out of my mind?

Tain

Screen filtering vs. "true low res", as a certain famous Spanish forumgoer would go on (and on) about.

I prefer a clean unfiltered solid-edged pixel look if I can get it, but it isn't ever dealbreaker.

My pet peeve is how several awesome backgrounds from the first two games are no-where to be seen in third strike. I like maybe half the new ones too... but would it have killed them to include the old ones as well? I loved Ken's SF dock area in double impact, like a homage to his SF2 stage

The Hermit

Barry Lightning said:
when i imported 3rd strike for dc back in the day, i was so upset the graphics by default were "blurred" or aliased or something - i think, in effect, as a way to "challenge" the fluid look of the guilty gear game of the time.

thank goodness there was a code you could enter at startup to make the game appear like double impact and indeed the arcade: nice and bitmapped.

this always bothered me, however, having to enter this code every time i wanted to play 3rd strike. friends thought i was nuts, none of them ever noticing the difference. for this very reason alone, i would choose double impact rather than 3rd strike to get my SF fix on.

does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about, or am i still entirely out of my mind?

What code is this??

Anyway this thread made me get 3rd strike and that DAIGO video maded me want to REALLY like this game!!!

PS:MAKOTO for the MF WIN!!!!!!!

Calidor

thanks a lot for your input.. since i don't have good gaming friends, looks like getting a cheap xbox with live is the way to go :D

qcf x2

Calidor said:

Have a friend join you in training mode. Practice parrying jump-ins from different depths. I would advise against trying to low-parry when playing a human opponent.

As for the arcade stick, I think it's a matter of personal preference. Many will swear by some $200 replica things but I bought a $39.99 Pelican stick that works with Xbox/GC/PS2 and after a couple of weeks of getting used to it, it was absolutely perfect.

Singho

Calidor said:

The way I learned how to parry was by selecting Practice mode and then selecting "parry training"

From here, you can record the dummy player (player 2) to throw out what ever move you want to learn how to parry. You can also go to "Training Option" and give you and\or the dummy Super Meter.

What I did when i first started out was to learn how to parry fireballs. So I selected Ryu vs Ryu and hit Dummy Recording and spammed as many fireballs as I could untill the time run out. Then when thats finished, select "Parry Training" and the Dummy will replicate exactly what you told it to record. From here just try and parry as many of the fireballs as possible and try to survive. When you are feeling a bit more confident, just record the dummy to throw out EX fireballs or even just continually spam Super Fireballs.

Once you have learnt the timing for a Super Fireball parry, EX and Single fireballs will be absolutely no problem for you. Another tip, is that when you can do the above with ease (shouldnt take too long, once you done it a few times, you will be looking to parrying stuff all the time. :lol: ) try and jump in the air and land on fireballs and put the parry input while you are in the air. This will help you if you are ever in that situation too.

By the way, you may already know but

Ryu's Super Fireball is 5 Hits
Akuma's Super Fireball is 6 hits

Once you have mastered that, stuff like parrying flying kicks or dragon punches and other anti airs will be all down timing and whether you can anticipate what the other player is doing. You can ofcourse just go into parry training and practice parrying moves you feel you need to, like dragon punches and Super Arts. Once youve done it a few times, it becomes second nature.

When I first got comfortable with the parry system, i remember losing matches because i was actively looking for things to parry instead of inflicting damage. :lol: What you must remember is that after you parry someone, that it leaves them at a frame disadvantage and you at an advantage. Basically means, that as soon as you see that blue flash, you can unleash a move of your own while they cant do shit. So for example, a flying jump in kick...*Parry* Dragon Punch straight after, or you parry a sweep, give them back a sweep of your own.

Its all practice and circumstances you are in, which you can only see when you play actual matches. Once you have the parry system down, you will see that you will think "damn, i could of supered them after that" or "dammit, should of cancelled that sweeping medium kick into a super"

Parrying is addictive :D Just through a bit of practice and experience your game will improve loads.

@Haunts

Hey...I think i saw a tourney video of you over at SRK where you did the Makoto 100% damage combo on some dudes Akuma. :lol: Nice one if its you. Person in the video kept going "ah he will nail it this time." ...and you did. :D

@LakeEarth

Hello, so you play this on live? Send me an Friends Request "S1ngho", ill like to have some games. Its been a while, but ill shake the rust off in no time.

Played a few games last night, and didnt do too badly, got dropped on so I must of done somthing right. ^_^ Its a pain having to set the old xbox up again, if only this worked on the damn 360 just for conveniance purposes. >_<;

LakeEarth

Singho said:
@LakeEarth

Hello, so you play this on live? Send me an Friends Request "S1ngho", ill like to have some games. Its been a while, but ill shake the rust off in no time.

Played a few games last night, and didnt do too badly, got dropped on so I must of done somthing right. ^_^ Its a pain having to set the old xbox up again, if only this worked on the damn 360 just for conveniance purposes. >_<;
Sure, today is too hectic for me, but maybe sometime this week we can play. My mic is busted so I won't be able to talk though.

Tain said:
I'm assuming that the Xbox and PS2 versions are essentially exactly the same, at least. Am I right? If this is the case, I'd say that the home versions are even more definitive than the arcade.
Its 99.9% accurate, the differeces in timing are so minute only the most hardcore people can tell the difference. Something about the Xbox version being "ever so slightly" quicker. I dont have any experience with the arcade version to compare to but I'm sure its nothing but hardcore complaining for no reason.

I've been finding more and more local 3S players in the past six months or so. It seems like this game is finallly catching on in a big way.

I mostly play Ken and Yun, though I like to rotate some of the less popular characters like Elena and Remy just because most people I play with avoid them, and therefore don't play wel against them.

I'm thinking of picking up Hugo and Makoto because of all the hype. Anybody have some good tips for those two?

LakeEarth

My opinion is to try all the characters and see who matches with you the best. Makoto is all about pressuring and constantly mixing up your attacks so your opponent doesnt have the time to think about how to stop you. Hugo is about knowing his ranges, which are huge, and knowing how to punish mistakes. Learn how to do standing 360s to really do some real damage (start in a -> direction, swing around and hit punch when you hit straight up ^, should register as a 360 even though its more of a 270). Use his claps to put on some real pressure. Keep in mind that Hugo is a low tier character, he just awesomely fun.

Singho

Went online again yesterday, and i played like a blind drunk with no hands. :(

Was losing silly games to people using SA1 Ken! >_<;;;; YES...SA1.

/me cries

Just couldnt juggle anyone with Oro, and do anything of note. BAH...the game is pulling me back in. I can see i wont stop playing untill i can at least get back to where i was before i stopped again. ;/

LakeEarth

Ken SAI, also known as 'Purple Ken' are usually SRK whores. Just knock em down, block their inevitable fierce shoryu wake-up, and punish hard when they come down. Don't worry, even the best of us have lost to a shitty purple Ken who then quits before you can have your revenge.

Oh and I'm done that major presentation i had to do today, when I get home from work I'll add ya.

Ferrio said:
makoto2.jpg

Change my avatar for the occasion!

All hail makoto, the 2nd best SF character ever.

If you think first is Ryu, we agree 100%

Also, live players please add me to your friends list? tag is "tahrikmili" though I may be lagged during games, don't hate me. ;) Oh, and I don't have a mic :(

Singho

LakeEarth said:
Ken SAI, also known as 'Purple Ken' are usually SRK whores. Just knock em down, block their inevitable fierce shoryu wake-up, and punish hard when they come down. Don't worry, even the best of us have lost to a shitty purple Ken who then quits before you can have your revenge.

Oh and I'm done that major presentation i had to do today, when I get home from work I'll add ya.

Yeah, i knew what to look out for...but i was just playing incredibly shit. >_<;;;;;;; Ill look out for your friends invite, but dont laugh at my skillz, im trying to get back on form. >_<

Hmmm, might have to delete some dead tags. Anyone fancy getting some free wins during this lame period of mine...fire me a FR.

Im from the UK though, but i do get some good connections with folk in the US. :)

Ferrio

Banned
tahrikmili said:
If you think first is Ryu, we agree 100%

Also, live players please add me to your friends list? tag is "tahrikmili" though I may be lagged during games, don't hate me. ;) Oh, and I don't have a mic :(

No that would go to Chun Li.

But again, HAIL MAKOTO.

LakeEarth

robojimbo said:
I'm getting to the point now where I'm starting to feel like I need to pick up one of the top tier characters and play them seriously. Currently I play Oro and Urien mostly and I'm getting completely shut down by Chun's. Urien seems to have no way to break Chun's kara throw mixups. Headbutt is a decent defence againse the throw mixup if you're not cornered as it knocks you away if the Chun opts to go for the hit. However, in the corner, besides just waiting it out he has nothing and I don't really feel like I'm capable of playing that guessing game with good results. Oro is in a similar position, except that I at least get random EX dragon punch to throw around. I lose my poking game since he gets completely outpoked. FK trades hits at times, but Chun can activate SA2 even after s.FK hits... it has -3 frames on connection. His SA2 setups should help out a bit once I get around to executing them a bit better.

As it stands right now, I resort to mirror matching Chun whenever I can and I usually do fairly well. I can verify her pokes to SA2 like it's nobodies buisness, but lack any strategy outside zoning and karathrow (although it seems to me that's all people really do with her anyway). I don't want to pick up Ken because everyone and their momma's uncle's cousin's brother plays him. I really don't like Yun's play style, but Geneijin combos are really fun to hit. So now it just comes down to who to pick....
Play low-tier. Winning isn't everything :D

FR sent to Tahkimili and Singho

Mr Jared

Ahh. . 3rd Strike. Quite possibly my favorite game ever? Hmm. .

My Favorites to Play == Sean, Hugo, Necro
My Bests == Hugo, Elena, Necro
My Mids == Ryu, Urien, Alex, Sean, Makoto
My Lows == Ken, Chun-Li, Yun. SURPRISE!

I've been a Necro player since New Generation and I love just how downright filthy you can get with him in terms of mix-ups and resets. Sean is always the first character I play when I start a set because it helps me gain my focus. With Sean, you have to work for every little bit of damage you give and you're constantly on your toes, trying to come up with new ways on the fly to work your way in. He's worthless and I love it.

Hugo and Elena though will always be my top tier picks. Elena is little miss guaranteed damage with amazing pokes and priority on everything, and Hugo is just a beast. It's almost upsetting at just how much the Japanese absolutely suck with Hugo, as he's at the very least, mid-tier. They rank him at the absolute bottom.

LakeEarth

Awesome games Singho, you do have a great Oro I can see it, just the timings a little off. Usually I just rely on the mp (2 hit) to hit confirm the activation of Tengu. But still, he's pretty good. Sorry I had to leave the set, 24 is on :D

And that Hugo vs Dudley match, :eek: I wish I had that match recorded :lol

Singho

Hey!

Yeah great games. I was trying to stick to Oro only, and try and unleash some pain, but i kept missing the damn juggle. >_<;; Had a few flashes of brilliance with him, but in no way was it consistant. How many times did i mess it up that Remy of yours... >_<;;

Yeah, was some great games dude.

LakeEarth said:
And that Hugo vs Dudley match, :eek: I wish I had that match recorded :lol

THANK GOD YOU DIDNT!

That shit was crazy... My Dudley was like winning with a perfect and was basically on fire, then you pull that redparry into GIGAS i smacked my head on the side of the wall. :lol: You go on to win the round and then the match! GRRR Top stuff, deffo gonna be playing against you again. ^_^

Yeah some deffo good games, also the connection was surprisingly good. Hopefully next time Oro will be back on form. :D

negitoro7

robojimbo said:
As it stands right now, I resort to mirror matching Chun whenever I can and I usually do fairly well. I can verify her pokes to SA2 like it's nobodies buisness, but lack any strategy outside zoning and karathrow (although it seems to me that's all people really do with her anyway). I don't want to pick up Ken because everyone and their momma's uncle's cousin's brother plays him. I really don't like Yun's play style, but Geneijin combos are really fun to hit. So now it just comes down to who to pick....

I don't usually pick Ken SAIII, but if someone's gotta resort to whoring Chun-li against me when the set is close, then all gloves are off. Interestingly, I do better against Chun with Remy than with Ken though (even though a theory-fighter would state that Chun should crush Remy).

Mr Jared

negitoro7 said:
I don't usually pick Ken SAIII, but if someone's gotta resort to whoring Chun-li against me when the set is close, then all gloves are off. Interestingly, I do better against Chun with Remy than with Ken though (even though a theory-fighter would state that Chun should crush Remy).

I play against a lot of great 3rd Strike players on a normal basis, and I noticed something very interesting when I started trying to play a serious Remy. He's extremely good at zoning, but he has to be in complete control of the match at all times. The second someone breaks the cycle, it's over.

I've also learned not to ever throw out his crouching roundhouse. People will always block/parry the first hit, UOH over the second and then you're dead. But catching people in air with firce, then landing with SA1 for guaranteed damage is always fun.

LakeEarth

Singho said:
THANK GOD YOU DIDNT!

That shit was crazy... My Dudley was like winning with a perfect and was basically on fire, then you pull that redparry into GIGAS i smacked my head on the side of the wall. :lol: You go on to win the round and then the match! GRRR Top stuff, deffo gonna be playing against you again. ^_^
Yeah, well I was down to 10% of my health, and I blocked the Dudley rushing punch special move, and I'm like, ehh what the hell, (tries to red parry it online) red parry -> Gigas!!! And after that I could tell your whole game was ruined. :lol

The lag wasn't so bad for the first 10 games, but I noticed it did get kinda bad for a few matches. For the most part it was solid.

Top Bottom