• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist Released, Entire Series Available Now

Village

I dunno about one round, but special stipulation story matches would be good.

Also more costumes, or outfits. OR whatever.

MK despite being redonk, got story on lock.

And Tekken and SC got that content on lock, I would used to be able to say the same thing about SC's story, but that fell by the wayside.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Great fights. Amazing production values and actors for what I assume was a small budget. Love the Ono cameo and the dan mention.

The writing was adequate and the series somewhat dragged in the middle with formulaic developments (less talking, more fighting I say!).

Worth watching by any Street Fighter fan.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just finished it as well. Kept saying one more episode before I go to sleep. Soo damn good. Bring on season 2!

Endo Punk

Will definitely give this a watch tonight. If that's the only way I can get legit SF and MK movies then I hope we get more content like this. Someone do Soul Calibur next.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
We just binged watched it ... it's really great.

Really glad to see you are all really enjoying it :D

As someone mentioned early, no news on the TV and BluRay/DVD release dates, but an announcement will be made at some point.

You guys produced a phenomenal piece of work. Hats off to you all. Especially Goma - that guy needs his own show.

Great fights. Amazing production values and actors for what I assume was a small budget. Love the Ono cameo and the dan mention.

The writing was adequate and the series somewhat dragged in the middle with formulaic developments (less talking, more fighting I say!).

Worth watching by any Street Fighter fan.

I don't know about less talking. I think the series has more depth than all the animes, many people didn't expect that. I think the Key is to find balance like Gotetsu said in the third act.

If Ang Lee could take a character like Hulk and make it a psychology piece. I'm sure we could do something decent with a character like Blanka.

Horseress

That was great all around. Not the best acting, but it was more than convincing. Visual effects, like the hadoukens and shoryukens, were solid, more than I expected. And Ono-San being there was just great.

I hope some one big in the movie industry watch the series and maybe give this guys an opportunity.

Paertan

I was actually pretty good! Watched it all. Not top notch acting effects etc but I am surprised. I really enjoyed that.

McNum

This was awesome. It's like that Street Fighter movie the series should have had, but no one would ever make. And now it's real. Awesome. I like how it's sort of a kung-fu movie with a passing the torch/sins of the past theme going on. Because, really, it's what Ryu and Ken's origin story kind of should be.

Siktastic

Banned
This series put all Hollywood movies to shame. It was so well done and they way they incorporated srk,hado, and the tatsu into fights was great! Looking forward to the next one. I started by saying " I will watch just the first episode... That turned into the entire season"

I really was looking forward to seeing more characters I.e. Guile, boxer or even Dan. Akuma hitting his demon was amazing

jonah777

Morning plans obliterated by what I thought would be a 5 minute Youtube visit. Finding out "Desh" plays Gouki and directs the film was unexpected but pleasant surprise. Utterly impressed by this and will definitely support when we're able to.

farisr

When I heard the guys who made that Street Fighter Legacy fanfilm were in charge of making this, I was really disappointed as I didn't like that short, and loved the other one that released around the same time with the superior choreography/less cheese.

But to my surprise, this was great. Great job guys, good fights, good respect for the source material, by far the best SF adaptation in terms of storyline for me, I won't say "best live action Street Fighter adaptation" as that does it a disservice by comparing it to the other crappy movies, but it's a solid release in its own right.

Ravage

I thought of watching an episode before starting on my work and ended up finishing the entire season at one go.

Amazing job by the entire crew. The attention to detail is mindblowing and the choice of actors is great too. You can easily tell how seriously they take their roles and it really elevated the experience for me.

BadWolf

Kind of speechless at how good this was.

As a long time Street Fighter fan I had a big dumb smile on my face more times than I count.

The script, the actors, everything was spot on.

Also loved the way they incorporated Ryu and Ken's themes.

Mengetsu

I got the feels right now.. Hollywood better never touch Street Fighter as a movie again. These guys were fucking spot on my god.

LiK

Wow, the fight choreography and stunts were amazing! Fuck Hollywood, we got our SF live-action movie right here, finally. Well done guys.

Ken's body tho

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Sai

Very well done! There was a bunch of cheese, I gotta admit, but their attention to detail, and appreciation of the franchise could be seen throughout, which more than made up for it.

Three years straight they've been working on this? Season 2's going to have to wait a while, I suppose. But I'll definitely be supporting it, if they go for another Kickstarter.

[EDIT] - Oh, and somebody tell Ryu's actor to keep buffin' up for Season 2. :p

Bumhat

Just finished binge-watching the whole thing, it is amazing. Funnily enough I actually know Joey's gf so I've been hyped for the series for years, and the wait definitely paid off.

Loved the
Dan, Ono, and MM2
bits as well! Plus of course
the ending produced many feels
:(

Favorite line is when Akuma finds out Gouken is a Sensei of Ansatsuken. Akuma is like "Sensei?"

Akuma has a awesome walk. He walks like he shits lightning and farts thunder.

fader

Favorite line is when Akuma finds out Gouken is a Sensei of Ansatsuken. Akuma is like "Sensei?"

Akuma has a awesome walk. He walks like he shits lightning and farts thunder.

i was a little worried about the director (forgot how to spell his name) playing Akuma since I really don't like directors acting in their movies for ego's sake, but fuck. no complaints now, he freaking owned that role. albeit i dont imagine Akuma actually being that tall but whatever, him and Gaku space made akuma an amazing character

Haunted

Probably the best videogame adaptation I've seen so far. This web series (and the one about Mortal Kombat, to a lesser degree) easily trounced basically everything videogame-related Hollywood has shat out so far. There's a sense of authenticity to the fandom here that larger movie productions simply haven't managed to capture.

Hits all the right notes and does everything it set out to do. Tremendous job!

Ken's body tho
srsly

2A5ue.gif

I usually scoff at "casting threads", where people post a lot of lookalikes regardless of acting talent or history - but this one managed to fulfil both requirements, nailing the look and feel. All the actors doing fights obviously prepared really well for their roles.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That was surprisingly good. Absent all the Shadaloo crap, I didn't know that there was a decent martial arts story in the games.

This was way better than I thought it would be. I watched it this morning but not all in one sitting. I'm thinking about rewatching it this evening in full. So damn good. Loved the cameos. Hoping hard that they continue this.

It's also got me listening to a bunch of the original SF themes, today.

That was surprisingly good. Absent all the Shadaloo crap, I didn't know that there was a decent martial arts story in the games.

Shadaloo doesn't have to be corny. I think they should take some inspiration from the Deadly Vipers Assassination Squad in Kill Bill.

I didn't expect this to be as good as it was. They even thought of putting the normal attacks in which is always an oversight in these kinds of movies. Great job.

Have you considered working with ChubbBoyFilms who made 'Balrog: Behind the glory'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KvRDaIpbs

They were doing a kickstarter of sorts for a Claw documentary but sadly never reached their goal.
This is still my favorite. Really hate that we didn't get the Claw version.

Shit was fucking great as a street fighter fan i loved every second of it and the Mega Man mention was a nice touch of the times

yurinka

Looks great specially considering their budget. Ken is exactly like the character. The story is the most similar one to the game out of all the adaptations.

The first Street Fighter movie was camp fun I guess, but the Chun Li movie with all that crap was just terrible.

^I hate those things, they qualify as movies?^

What about SF2 The Amimated Movie? That was a respectable Shadaloo.

I didn't like the Bison has a army bit, but everything else was ok.

Man of Tai Chi's Donaka Mark would be a good model for M. Bison and Shadaloo. I didn't notice that Keanu directed Man of Tai Chi...

Top Bottom