• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist Released, Entire Series Available Now

XenoId

Saw this last night.

So good.gif

Thanks to the crew for making this.

Btw anyone else see that there was a name tag missing on the wall in the school and that the old fisherman was wearing one just like it?

I'm getting this on bluray when it comes out

I was just glad to see the mythos finally treated with some damn decency and respect!

Everything was just on point and I just want some more!

WONDERFUL FUCKING JOB!

Auskeek

Kind of relevant, I just saw this picture for the first time and it looks awesome!

2hgspGA.jpg

As for the series, I really enjoyed the Ryu and Ken scenes, not sure if I like Jon Foo or Mike Moh better as Ryu, but I think Mike did a reasonable job.

How does one evolve the Ansatsuken style?....Through natural selection.

I think Gotetsu reluctantly trained the two brothers but didn't have the heart to see them kill each other. He had cold feet. Sayaka is a catalyst to the murder attempt on Gouken. Gotetsu knows all about Sayaka a pond in a very dangerous game. Sayaka should have poisoned her uncle.

Gotetsu wants it to be Mortal Kombat. That Gotetsu is sick as shit. Maybe he hoped the brothers would break the chain of killing. Good writting.

Capcom please fund World Warrior!

This was great! Would love to see what they would do with the sequel, if it ever gets made.

Dat Ken! It's like they plucked him from imagination land. Especially when he cut his hair.

How long do we have to wait for the Blu-ray?

jtenma

Banned
This was the absolute best adaption of SF to any type of series ever.
Anime, movie, OVA, you name it, this one takes the whole cake.
I really loved how they respected everything including the pose of the characters and their fighting stance. Gouken's stance being loyal to the SF4 version was amazing!
I really love this. I'll be watching it for the third time today =)

As for any improvements. I'm not savy in film making so I cannot say much, but as a competitive SF player I would totally shit my pants if there was any references to SF tournament play.

For example, maybe a parry sequence by Ken (I did notice Ryu parrying some of Ken's kicks BTW), an Ume Shoryu by Ryu, or hell, some vortex by Akuma would be amazing.
,Maybe a crossup Tatsu too? =D I saw some scenes where they blocked attacks from the front, I think a cross up attack that ends up hitting them in the back would bee OD.

All in all, amazing work!!! I didn't really think MK Legacy could be overthrown, but god damn this was just too good! Congrats to the creators.

There were more fgc references.

Gouken explains how to block hadoukens by using their ki flow. By doing that, he also explains chip damage by saying "you wont block it all, but you wont be knocked out cold".

Young Akuma, does a wake up Shoryuken and Raging Demon (Ultra) and uses the invincibility frames!!!
White headband Ryu does an overhead (f+MP) on a crouching Ken. It hits twice like in the games.

It was weird because, this movie shows where the "Metsu Hadouken" comes from. (
Gotetsu does it first against Goki when he first turns into 'Akuma')
. It also shows where 'Heaven' symbol comes from
"TENMA"
on Akuma's back.

So many holes filled. They did a splendid job!!!

bumpkin

Just finished watching this. Absolutely amazing.
Agreed.

I think my only complaint is the switcheroo with the actors for some of the past/present transitions.
The guy playing Akuma Goki is clearly not the same actor as pre-Akuma Goki. Also, the young Goken has barely a passing resemblance to present day Goken.
That aside though, wicked awesome series.

fader

Agreed.

I think my only complaint is the switcheroo with the actors for some of the past/present transitions.
The guy playing Akuma Goki is clearly not the same actor as pre-Akuma Goki. Also, the young Goken has barely a passing resemblance to present day Goken.

yea i mean there isn't much you can do about the gouken one i thought they did a good job with what they had and as far as gouki it kinda makes sense since gouki was taken over by a demon (akuma) and is no longer gouki i mean thats how Goutestu explained it.

bumpkin

yea i mean there isn't much you can do about the gouken one i thought they did a good job with what they had and as far as gouki it kinda makes sense since gouki was taken over by a demon (akuma) and is no longer gouki i mean thats how Goutestu explained it.
True.

FWIW, I'm also the guy who points out and mocks the breathing dead body on crime dramas my wife watches. :)

Technically he wasn't taken over by a demon, he became one.

LiK

Gotetsu vs Akuma fight is the best fight in the season. I'm hoping the Gouken vs Akuma fight will be equally good.

Endo Punk

That was hype as hell. Exactly what a SF film should be, up there with the animated films. Gouki's transformation was the highlight for me and that fight with Gotetsu was insane!

Laughed when they were playing Megaman and so many good easter eggs. Who the hell is Dan!?

I am totally up for more, I hope it's popular enough to get a follow up season like Mortal Kombat though I really don't wanna wait 2 years. Show me Gouken V Akuma!

I am totally up for more, I hope it's popular enough to get a follow up season like Mortal Kombat though I really don't wanna wait 2 years. Show me Gouken V Akuma!

You might not have to wait that long... check the new interview Joey Ansah, also includes some exclusive photos

http://comicbastards.com/street-fighter-assassins-fist-premieres-and-a-conversation-with-joey-ansah/

Joey, Chris and Akira were at Comic Con London today, look who came by to say hi.
10345779_634137583343594_1418379651285772900_n.jpg

Scott Adkins and UFC fighter Vaughan Lee

Haunted

You all know this will totally fall apart if they have to include the wackier stuff from Street Fighter II. There's simply no way to actually do Blanka or Dhalsim. No way.

They'd probably be better off focusing on the Ryu/Sagat story and Guile/Chun-Li (though that's been the focus of most of the adaptations, tbh) if they ever tackle the World Warrior.

As long as that Ken keeps coming back.

Agreed.

Satsui no Hado is so powerful, it knocks the Asian right out of you.

You all know this will totally fall apart if they have to include the wackier stuff from Street Fighter II. There's simply no way to actually do Blanka or Dhalsim. No way.

They'd probably be better off focusing on the Ryu/Sagat story and Guile/Chun-Li (though that's been the focus of most of the adaptations, tbh) if they ever tackle the World Warrior.

Guillermo del Toro would capture both Blanka and Dhalsim.
There are some really good cosplay now that are pretty convincing. Joey made a convincing Akuma with a very small budget. Dhalsim might need to be animatronic.

J.D

There were more fgc references.

Can you give me some time stamps for the MP overhead? I must have missed it.
Also
I cant remember for sure at the moment, but I think Raging Demon doesn't go through fireballs on Third Strike and SF4, actually, on which game is it completely invincible? I know ts invincible on startup, but not full screen like it was in the series

J.D. said:
Also
I cant remember for sure at the moment,
but I think Raging Demon doesn't go through fireballs on Third Strike and SF4, actually, on which game is it completely invincible?
I know ts invincible on startup, but not full screen like it was in the series
In 3S I think startup for the raging demon is like 7 frames of invincibility or something(fact check me 3sGAF), so yeah the fireball probably should have hit him. Still was awesom

The actor playing Ken is spot on. Bring him back. Make a Ken movie or something with him in it and it will be good.

In 3S I think startup for the raging demon is like 7 frames of invincibility or something(fact check me 3sGAF), so yeah the fireball probably should have hit him. Still was awesom[/SPOILER].

The actor playing Ken is spot on. Bring him back. Make a Ken movie or something with him in it and it will be good.

It's been awhile but I could have sworn I got punished for throwing fireballs against a meter'd akuma. I'm 85 percent sure it goes through fireballs in 3s

Yeah bring back Ryu (favorite character) and especially "real life" Ken

JimiNutz

Banned
I haven't finished watching all of this yet (just about to start episode 9) but I'm shocked at how well this is done.

I'm not even a street fighter fan but I've enjoyed watching this so much that its actually got me excited for the Xbox tv shit that MS is doing.

I want a Halo series as well made as this but with a bigger budget.
Forward Unto Dawn was decent but this is way better so far.

Also
I cant remember for sure at the moment, but I think Raging Demon doesn't go through fireballs on Third Strike and SF4, actually, on which game is it completely invincible? I know ts invincible on startup, but not full screen like it was in the series

Projectile invulnerable in Marvel vs Capcom 3

Swarna

Watched this live and Ken Cruise was my favourite character. I actually laughed a couple of times because of his dialogue. This show's got the right amount of cheesiness and I love it. Twitch chat made me crack up a lot, too ("Gouken used to be Mexican!").

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Only just now finished episode 2. Holy balls! This is awesome stuff. Conflicted whether to watch this now or wait for the retail release.

Joey Ansah (Gouken) really speaks Japanese, right? If not, his accent and diction is very solid, which is surprising if he doesn't

I haven't finished watching all of this yet (just about to start episode 9) but I'm shocked at how well this is done.

I'm not even a street fighter fan but I've enjoyed watching this so much that its actually got me excited for the Xbox tv shit that MS is doing.

I want a Halo series as well made as this but with a bigger budget.
Forward Unto Dawn was decent but this is way better so far.

^^Damn high praise right there.^^ MS went all in for Forward Unto Dawn.

Only just now finished episode 2. Holy balls! This is awesome stuff. Conflicted whether to watch this now or wait for the retail release.

Joey Ansah (Gouken) really speaks Japanese, right? If not, his accent and diction is very solid, which is surprising if he doesn't

Joey Ansah plays Akuma. He doesn't speak Japanese, he's English. The actor you are referring to is Akira Koieyama. Google both please you seem to be confused.

kuYuri

Just finished watching it. Incredible work. The ending cut off a bit abrupt for my taste, but otherwise I loved it.

Joey Ansah as Gouki/Akuma was amazingly well done. His line deliveries seemed really good and I love the thuds whenever he takes steps, such a great job showing how powerful and intimidating Gouki/Akuma is.

As mentioned, super props to Christian Howard as Ken, he pretty much nailed the role.

Honestly, everyone did a great job.

This show with a bigger budget will be amazing, it's pretty damn clear even before the show came out these guys are fans and will continue to do it justice.

Someone needs to put a microphone in front of Joey and let him continue to talk about modern fighting game stories. He is 100 percent correct about games all of a sudden toning down the mature story lines. Capcom is sitting on a gold mine the likes of Marvel and it's film ventures. Bombco Damdi with Tekken.

Poor Paul Phoenix and dem aliens.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Watched the whole series, and it's excellent. It's very well written, filled a lot of plot holes and none of the chapters were boring. Ken's actor was definitely the highest point of the series, and I really enjoyed the Akuma transformation. Definitely can't wait for the Blu-Ray release with all the cut content.

Watch this now. The retail release will have additional scenes so you'll still very much be looking forward to it.

Top Bottom