• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter surprise for PS3 users is...STREET FIGHTER ALPHA ONE! hey, come back!

MoxManiac

androvsky said:
Don't know about the SF surprise, but I like this guy. :lol

EDIT: Okay, reading more replies from the guy it's certainly a PS1 game hitting the PSN store this thursday. From a third-party, no less!

Unless it's the EX games then, it's going to be dissapointing. There's no point in the 2D PS1 games with Alpha Anthology existing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't wait, don't disappoint us Capcom.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
250px-Makoto_SF.jpg

IN

capcom_street_fighter_4.jpg

FOR

sony_ps3.jpg

VERSION

:D

yurinka

Rapping Granny said:
Street Fighter 2HD open beta without needing to buy that shitty commando game pweeze.
Since Commando 3 has been already released worldwide (and also in PSN Europe :p), and this week Bionic Commando is going to be released worldwide (so not in PSN Europe), if this is going to be announced today, it would be logic to add it into Bionic Commando Rearmed.

yurinka

dallow_bg said:
And so nothing happened?
No, but now is like 15h of monday in Capcom USA offices.

stuburns said:
It's next week, "next monday" is a week after the monday which follows the statement, if it were today he'd have just said monday.
Fe said it a couple of days ago. So I supouse "next monday" is today, the first monday after the statement. He also stated they were going to announce something that is going to happen this thursday (when BCR rearmed is released in PSN, this was the topic of his post).

StuBurns

Banned
yurinka said:
Fe said it a couple of days ago. So I supouse "next monday" is today, the first monday after the statement.

Even though next does imply the next one, next monday means the monday after the monday to directly follow, 'a week on monday' if you will.

yurinka

stuburns said:
Even though next does imply the next one, next monday means the monday after the monday to directly follow, 'a week on monday' if you will.
:/ So it means I'm a sad panda who must improve his english.

StuBurns

Banned
yurinka said:
:/ So it means I'm a sad panda who must improve his english.
Not really, it's not grammatically correct to say 'next monday' to mean 'a week on monday', it's is what it means though.

VegaShinra

But his comment said: I’ll let Ben Judd answer this. I can, however, tell you that there’s a Street Fighter surprise next Thursday. Go to Capcom-Unity.com this Monday to find out!

So it should be today.

StuBurns

Banned
VegaShinra said:
But his comment said: I’ll let Ben Judd answer this. I can, however, tell you that there’s a Street Fighter surprise next Thursday. Go to Capcom-Unity.com this Monday to find out!

So it should be today.
Why? 'next Thursday' is three days after 'next Monday', which is a week away.
It doesn't say anything about the SF surprise coinciding with the BC release.

EDIT: Just reread it, sorry, he says next Thursday, and 'this Monday' not next Monday, I guess it should be today.

yurinka

VegaShinra said:

So it should be today.
Thanks! I love you and your animated avatar.
stuburns said:
Well, it's in the context of the comments of a BCR release blog post. And Ben Judd, the producer, promised a last exclusive surprise for the BCR PSN users. So we supouse this is the surprise (the others were PSP remote play and so on).

stuburns said:
EDIT: Just reread it, sorry, he says next Thursday, and 'this Monday' not next Monday, I guess it should be today.
But then "next thursday" isn't the thursday of this week. Or not? LOL This look like DaVinci code.

VegaShinra

stuburns said:

He said that the 8th. So, this Monday would be today and next Thursday would be the 14.

Edit: Just saw your edit. :D

panda21

not to rain on anyone's parade or anything but i'm pretty sure that when i checked the blog post comments to see what he said he didn't even use the word 'next', he just said check the site monday or something
laugh.gif

edit:
I’ll let Ben Judd answer this. I can, however, tell you that there’s a Street Fighter surprise next Thursday. Go to Capcom-Unity.com this Monday to find out!

arg you beat me to it

VegaShinra

panda21 said:
not to rain on anyone's parade or anything but i'm pretty sure that when i checked the blog post comments to see what he said he didn't even use the word 'next', he just said check the site monday or something
laugh.gif
This is his comment: I’ll let Ben Judd answer this. I can, however, tell you that there’s a Street Fighter surprise next Thursday. Go to Capcom-Unity.com this Monday to find out!

StuBurns

Banned
I feel like someone's let a shotgun off in my head.

I read 'next monday' from a post in this thread, which implies next week. But he actually said 'this monday' which implies today, but he also said the SF surprise is 'next thursday', which is a week after BC's release. I think, SSF2THDR beta access to people who buy BC, starting next Thursday. We'll see.

panda21

have to admit i've always found the phrase next .... to be ambigous as to whether it means this day coming or the one after the one coming, even if taken literally it implies the next day that is that particular day
laugh.gif

Guy Legend

Nice, though i already have SF Alpha on the Saturn.

So looks 2 PS1 games for the store this week (the other is Driver).

Tiduz

Eurogaime
This Thursday, on the PLAYSTATION Network, we are releasing a new PSone Classics game for download....STREET FIGHTER ALPHA.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Agent X

xabi said:
Street Fighter Alpha available this Thurs as a PSOne Classics game

That's pretty good. Personally, I'm not sure if I'll get it, as I've already got the actual PlayStation game to play on PS3 (and also Street Figher Alpha Anthology for PS2), as well as Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for the PSP if I need a quick Alpha fix to go. I do think it's a welcome addition to the lineup of PS1 classics, though.

Top Bottom