• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT| No Options to Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

30_sf5modegallery05.jpg

to:

what-not-to-say-to-mixed-race-3.gif

brook-5a-tatianamaslnay.gif

Trickster

Seriously fuck this matchmaking. American streamers getting matches constantly. I'm sitting here for like 10 minutes now just searching

SRTtoZ

$5 bucks was well worth the price for the digital guide. I learned so much in such a short time just by reading the frame date and all the notes from combofiend. It sucks that you can't download it but I understand that because it would be shared among the fighting community and no one would pay for it. It works on all my devices at least.

$5 bucks was well worth the price for the digital guide. I learned so much in such a short time just by reading the frame date and all the notes from combofiend. It sucks that you can't download it but I understand that because it would be shared among the fighting community and no one would pay for it. It works on all my devices at least.

Link for that?

Is it an app?

woops, just saw your link.

J-Skee

Create a battle lounge with a private slot and then invite me. If you want you can send me your CFN name and I can send you the invite instead.

I'm sorry I'm not giving good matches, my girl literally called at the start of it & all she's been doing is complaining about her day lol

EDIT: good games, man. I was clearly out of my league. Your Ryu is the best I've played all day.

jett

D-Member
What's the deal with Ryu's MP/HP/HK combo? It's giving me seemingly random damage values every time I perform it in training mode.

Managed to claw my way back to bronze with 501. Next Match against Silver league Vega flying all over the screen.

It was fun while it lasted...

Got destroyed in a Vega mirror match :(

The worst part is that I keep rewatch ing the replay and I don't know what I did wrong. I guess he grabbed more?

G-Pink

I'm trying my best to learn a lot more from my matches, but it's tough when I'm unsure of what I should be doing in certain instances.

Playing Rashid right now, kinda liking the way he moves around the map.

What should I be doing when I'm getting pressured by an opponent and they knock me down? I know of course that a throw is one option, as well as a light jab to stop things that they're throwing out there, but I have no idea if that's correct.

What should I do when I'm in the corner? Easy answer of course: get out, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that when I'm being hit on wake-up with EXes and put right back down.

I generally have an idea of footsies and keeping a good distance with poking in, punishing any special moves that I can block in time, and all that, but getting hit down is more often than not end-game for me, cause I have no idea how to react.

Trickster

Woke up for some reason, it was be the energy in my fist.

Did anyone make a thread for the SFV Post Launch Status Update Vol. 2 ?

[edit]
Never mind. Posted like 15 pages back, no need for a new thread.

"Matchmaking

Matchmaking is now working as intended and users should be able to find online matches without much of a wait in both Ranked and Casual mode."

Uuuuh, no capcom, no. Wait times are fucking stupid between each match

chronosic

I'm trying my best to learn a lot more from my matches, but it's tough when I'm unsure of what I should be doing in certain instances.

Playing Rashid right now, kinda liking the way he moves around the map.

What should I be doing when I'm getting pressured by an opponent and they knock me down? I know of course that a throw is one option, as well as a light jab to stop things that they're throwing out there, but I have no idea if that's correct.

What should I do when I'm in the corner? Easy answer of course: get out, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that when I'm being hit on wake-up with EXes and put right back down.

I generally have an idea of footsies and keeping a good distance with poking in, punishing any special moves that I can block in time, and all that, but getting hit down is more often than not end-game for me, cause I have no idea how to react.
Have you tried using v-counter to get out of the corner?

Pachimari

Oh man, this will come in handy later, thanks! I must have like 50 pages bookmarked full of tips already.

New players: stop learning combos

You are doing it wrong. Worry about pokes, distances, blocking. Play the game like its Mortal kombat 2, jump heavy kick followed by crouching heavy kick.

Well technically thats playing it like SF2 also :D But yeah, combos should be the least of your worry early on.

Thanks for letting us know. I should also still focus on the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom