• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Wonder Announced - Coming 20.10.2023 | Nintendo Direct

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
image.png

Classic Mario side-scrolling gameplay is turned on its head with the addition of Wonder Flowers. These game-changing items trigger spectacular moments you have to see to believe...
Witness pipes coming alive, wreak havoc as a giant spiky ball, and see even more unexpected events called Wonder Effects.
Choose from familiar characters including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi and Toad. Transform into Elephant Mario to use your trunk to trounce enemies with a surprising new Power-Up!

Team up with up to three friends locally and gather around one Nintendo Switch to experience the game-bending Wonder Effects together as you tackle courses as a team and help each other on your way to the goal.

Releasing on October 20, 2023.

1687360031-4469-capture-d-ecran.jpg
1687360030-526-capture-d-ecran.jpg
1687360030-2986-capture-d-ecran.jpg
1687360030-5150-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I am so excited for this.

New super Mario U had some pretty genius levels in it which makes me feel some of the later levels here are going to be crazy fun.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Excellent. The NSMB art style can rot in hell where it belongs. This looks miles better.
Looks so good! I'm glad they finally ditched the NSMB style!
Honestly?it doesn't look that different from Mario bros U,it was the direction they were going for before the 10 year gap

It looks fun(besides the music)seems like it will have tons of new gimmicks, the Art reminds me a little of the Kirby games

Day one

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
This looks absolutely incredible!!! Finally they seem to be doing something different with 2D Mario, and that Wonder mechanic that makes things crazy and remixes the stage seems to be what 2D Mario needed.

I'm hyped for this!

Top Bottom