• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
btw gaf the meme was capcom making castlevania #gaffacepalm

WHAT

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
mr. puppy said:
lupinko is retarded. "heres some obscure shit you all couldnt have possibly figured out! lol you guys are so dumb!"

so negative and grumpy attitude, with very cute puppy icon. I felt so conflicted.

NeonZ

Maybe we should start hyping Demitri just to get that shot down directly by Lupinko too.

They could make the midnight bliss use less resources by using a single body type for multiple transformations (with clothing, face and hair differences) or using modified versions of models already in the game. They also could give him a new level 3 hyper that also used those models too in addition to the standard level 1 bliss (never understood why Midnight Pleasure, a standard biting attack, was intended to be stronger than Midnight Bliss anyway).

And really, the sheer "wtf" aspect of the midnight bliss might even help promoting a future Darkstalkers for people who don't know about the series, while adding other Darkstalker characters, like Talbain and Donovan, would mostly appeal to people who already know them.

Kind of disappointed it will be only 12 new characters, I hope for a least 4 new levels. yes I know its not a official number)

Also a PC release would send me over the top.

NeonZ said:
And really, the sheer "wtf" aspect of the midnight bliss might even help promoting a future Darkstalkers for people who don't know about the series, while adding other Darkstalker characters, like Talbain and Donovan, would mostly appeal to people who already know them.

I agree with Donovan, but Talbain could still work for hyping Darkstalkers, so long as they made his intro/win/etc. Very werewolf heavy. Not as wtf as midnight bliss, but still, the whole werewolf thing is a pretty classic monster movie type mainstay and people who might not know talbain could get hyped... if they put talbain and donovan in, they'd be potentially capitalizing on the hype for werewolves and vampries created by those Twilight atrocities.

Now for a truly wtf Darkstalkers moment, they should throw Jedah, complete with his stage, into the mix. Battling infront of the giant evil baby fetus while Jedah mutilates himself to attack you with blood and demon contracts? Plus it's another "demon" for Dante to interact with? It's gold, Jerry! GOLD!

I'd be good with any of those three. Anakaris would bring another "classic" monster type to the game and add a Dhalsim type range attack game, but I can't say I'm a fan of him.

BB Hood also had a little bit of a following, but I can't see adding a 4th female from Darkstalkers when there are so many more interesting characters in there (IMO, of course).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GhostRidah said:
Kind of disappointed it will be only 12 new characters, I hope for a least 4 new levels. yes I know its not a official number)
I'm really excited about new stages too, I just hope it's a bit more than 4. SSFIV had a decent amount of stages already so I gave it the pass but I wanna see like at bare minimum 4 more here.

I made a list a while back on the stages I wanted to see in, but the potential is limitless really. I'd like to see the space stage added in for one, as well as say Tony Stark's lab, Latveria, The Avengers Tower, Master Mold/Sentinel Production Facility, Guiles Stage, an Okami Stage, and a Solar Midnight 2.0.

Stages I'd like to see in Mahvel:
Latveria, Baxter Building or Avengers Tower, Wakanda, Mojo World (or something among the lines, like you could have the Dark Dimension or stuff), Sanctum Sanctorum, X-Men: CotA Danger Room for the Marvel side. I also would love

Capcom needs a Phoenix Wright courthouse, a Street Fighter stage (E. Honda's bathhouse would be fun), and a Darkstalkers stage (Aensland Castle maybe?).

Nyoro SF

Becquerel said:
Stages I'd like to see in Mahvel:
Latveria, Baxter Building or Avengers Tower, Wakanda, Mojo World (or something among the lines, like you could have the Dark Dimension or stuff), Sanctum Sanctorum, X-Men: CotA Danger Room for the Marvel side. I also would love

Capcom needs a Phoenix Wright courthouse, a Street Fighter stage (E. Honda's bathhouse would be fun), and a Darkstalkers stage (Aensland Castle maybe?).

Aensland Castle has been already used in TvC, so I think I would like to see a different setting in the Darkstalkers universe.

Odinson

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/92956869672439809

#datmarvel dis pair, well they have been mentioned already in the past but brought up again but you will be surprised, pleasantly? probably

hhmm....

Azure J

Buzzati said:
f3cls4.jpg

They better not nerf Phoenix. She's the ultimate troll character.

Holy. Shit. :lol

Agreed btw. They should do rebalancing by buffing the shit out of everything and making things more crazy MAHVEL.

I just want a few things.

X - I hope he will be a good zone character with a few good close range combos. Almost like a ryu type just with dormmamu like zoning.

Strider - Same old guy, just better and combos you can teleport into sort of like dante but better.

(If they add Roll, I hope not... use Harp Note from Star force)

A PC version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like a PC version almost more than anything, cause with a PC version you know we will see all the characters and mods we want anyway XDD

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
Wouldn't be a surprise but would indeed be pleasant.

Is this the same unrelated pair as hinted before?

Sound like. It is possible that it would be Frank West and Doc Oct.

mentioned before and brought up again; Sound like they mention about them in past and recently bought up.

Could be from recently interviews, deconfirmed characters and etc.

1) Frank and Doc Oct.
2) Roll, Feleyne, Phoenix Wright(Confirmed)
3) Strider and Phoenix Wright (Both Confirmed)

SnakeSlashRO said:
I just want a few things.

X - I hope he will be a good zone character with a few good close range combos. Almost like a ryu type just with dormmamu like zoning.

Strider - Same old guy, just better and combos you can teleport into sort of like dante but better.

(If they add Roll, I hope not... use Harp Note from Star force)

A PC version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like a PC version almost more than anything, cause with a PC version you know we will see all the characters and mods we want anyway XDD
Apparently here's a version of Juggernaut in Mugen with a Randy Hayes voiceover pack. That kind of stuff in MvC3 would be spectacular.

_dementia said:
Apparently here's a version of Juggernaut in Mugen with a Randy Hayes voiceover pack. That kind of stuff in MvC3 would be spectacular.

You already know it will happen. I wonder if Super has been hacked up with models and such yet... Im sure it has. I was so happy to see Super Arcade Edition got out on PC's.

At the way fighters are going, Capcom would be silly not to release on PC. I mean they have SF4 on Ipods for and DS now, I can't believe capcom wouldnt announce a PC version. I also assume and arcade version will be announced.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SnakeSlashRO said:
You already know it will happen. I wonder if Super has been hacked up with models and such yet... Im sure it has. I was so happy to see Super Arcade Edition got out on PC's.

At the way fighters are going, Capcom would be silly not to release on PC. I mean they have SF4 on Ipods for and DS now, I can't believe capcom wouldnt announce a PC version. I also assume and arcade version will be announced.
Capcom brings MvC3 to PC: can't choose Wolverine, Phoenix, or use X-Factor unless you have an active online connection.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
IntelliHeath said:
Sound like. It is possible that it would be Frank West and Doc Oct.

mentioned before and brought up again; Sound like they mention about them in past and recently bought up.

Could be from recently interviews, deconfirmed characters and etc.

1) Frank and Doc Oct.
2) Roll, Feleyne, Phoenix Wright(Confirmed)
3) Strider and Phoenix Wright (Both Confirmed)

other twitter

look I already gave away both of these characters, there is no more handholding, this isn't some weaksauce rpg you're dealin with #datmarvel

rpg = monster hunter = kat = Felyne?

Chavelo

Before SSFIV:AE came out for PC -

Chavelo:
"Come on, PC Gamers/GAF! Let's tell Capcom to take off the DRM and support their cause on bringing their fighting games to PC! The mods! The graphics! And it sure as hell will run smooth since I got the PC to run it... "

After SSFIV:AE came out for PC: -

Chavelo:
"Fuck that. I rather drink an expired milk carton bought 6 months ago than to try and play a crappy port again and try to fix the issue for over a week."

I just can't do it anymore, GAF. I just can't... :-(

Chavelo said:
Before SSFIV:AE came out for PC -

Chavelo:

After SSFIV:AE came out for PC: -

Chavelo:

I just can't do it anymore, GAF. I just can't... :-(

Wait, what was wrong with it? I have not played it on PC... how was the first Street Fighter for PC?

Chavelo

SnakeSlashRO said:
Wait, what was wrong with it? I have not played it on PC... how was the first Street Fighter for PC?

First one runs great on my machine, played it a bunch. When AE was announce for PC, I assumed since they use the same engine it would be a bit of the same. I ran the benchmark for AE with setting almost maxed and I get an A.

I fire up some matches, and I get stuttering every five seconds, VS loading screen is jacked up, and menus take too long to load... MENUS.

Might be an insolated case, tho. Right now it looks like I might be the only one with the problems. :-/

Chavelo said:
First one runs great on my machine, played it a bunch. When AE was announce for PC, I assumed since they use the same engine it would be a bit of the same. I ran the benchmark for AE with setting almost maxed and I get an A.

I fire up some matches, and I get stuttering every five seconds, VS loading screen is jacked up, and menus take too long to load... MENUS.

Might be an insolated case, tho. Right now it looks like I might be the only one with the problems. :-/

Thats too bad for you man, See I have been looking for a game to get me back into PC gaming, and Fighters are just my main genre. When Street Fighter came to PC It got my attention, when Super AE did, I was ready to go out and get a PC but I have not yet cause now I am waiting for Marvel to get announced for PC.

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/93003484558921728

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/92956869672439809

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/92665712585359360

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/93003594189643776

Looks like Frank West and Doc Ock to me.

Chavelo

SnakeSlashRO said:
Thats too bad for you man, See I have been looking for a game to get me back into PC gaming, and Fighters are just my main genre. When Street Fighter came to PC It got my attention, when Super AE did, I was ready to go out and get a PC but I have not yet cause now I am waiting for Marvel to get announced for PC.

Don't fall into the cycle. :p

If SMVC3 does get announced for PC, then you have the problem about Street Fighter Vs Tekken having the chance of being announced for PC. Fighters are my main genre too (actually, I need to get to practicing Mahvel for a tourney on the weekend), but don't let the fighters genre be the only reason to play on the PC.

We are getting more support now, but there are countless of games you can try while waiting for fighting games to be released. :D

mr. puppy

Banned
i wonder what lupinko is more concerned about: losing all of the attention he gets by doing this mess of a puzzle, or the minor amount of criticism he would get by leaking everything early.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
of course that is very ambiguous as it should be and can apply to anything really #datmarvel but hey it's something!

so again, just chill like a penguin, since this is #sdcc week, remember, word to your synergy #jemformvc3

Word to your synergy makes me feel like Cable will be in. They should make HVB do Phantom Dance-kind of ass damage and still let you be able to AHVB.

But yeah it seems like Lupinko is also taking it easy for the next few days. I don't expect many leaks at all.

I mentioned before, but it kinda got drowned out by the Gambit stuff, you guys think it would be a good idea to start a new thread to encompass all of the announcements, information and press stuff from the panels on Saturday? And as a side tidbit it could include all that we've narrowed down from the leaks so far (not like a massive wrap up, just a character list for clarity). I would like to volunteer to do it, if it sounds like a good idea.

Also, it would need an amazing thread title worthy of Mahvel.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
of course that is very ambiguous as it should be and can apply to anything really #datmarvel but hey it's something!

so again, just chill like a penguin, since this is #sdcc week, remember, word to your synergy #jemformvc3

Word to your synergy makes me feel like Cable will be in. They should make HVB do Phantom Dance-kind of ass damage and still let you be able to AHVB.

But yeah it seems like Lupinko is also taking it easy for the next few days. I don't expect many leaks at all.

I mentioned before, but it kinda got drowned out by the Gambit stuff, you guys think it would be a good idea to start a new thread to encompass all of the announcements, information and press stuff from the panels on Saturday? And as a side tidbit it could include all that we've narrowed down from the leaks so far (not like a massive wrap up, just a character list for clarity). I would like to volunteer to do it, if it sounds like a good idea.

Also, it would need an amazing thread title worthy of Mahvel.

I disagreed. I think we should wait until they announce the game because it could be anytime soon. It could be tomorrow or wednesday-saturday. You can create the thread when they announce the game itself.

It's difficult to say, because the game will be announced BEFORE the event according to Capcom. SDCC opens at 6PM PST on Wednesday. Capcom's stream starts then, and they should have all of their game stations open. There's no way they'd have people sitting around playing the game without it being announced, so I think we'll get an E-announcement about the game tomorrow or early Wednesday.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Question: Is Lupinko black? If not, would someone kindly tell him to drop the ebonics? It's getting really annoying to read. Even Yipes is sighing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Karsticles said:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-287#post-5588998

Interesting considering that Niitsuma recently did voice work for Felyne.

Yeah, that's why I bought Felyne up recently as Lupinko mention Kat.

Katt or Felyne.

IntelliHeath said:
other twitter

look I already gave away both of these characters, there is no more handholding, this isn't some weaksauce rpg you're dealin with #datmarvel

rpg = monster hunter = kat = Felyne?

Also something just popped up in my mind; handholding aka Handheld games (Monster Hunter 3 for PSP)

Chavelo said:

It's not just you, but it is a small group of people with problems that capcom needs to fix asap

I happen to be lucky and the game runs flawlessly.

Turn off V-sync might help.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
I disagreed. I think we should wait until they announce the game because it could be anytime soon. It could be tomorrow or wednesday-saturday. You can create the thread when they announce the game itself.
Good point, I didn't know they were gonna announce the game itself before the panels, when did they say that? I thought the panel read that the announcements of the future of MvC3 would be at the panel itself, not before.

In that case, rather whoever catches it first themselves should make the new thread so people know.

Interesting hypothesis Intelli.

Good point, I didn't know they were gonna announce the game itself before the panels, when did they say that? I thought the panel read that the announcements of the future of MvC3 would be at the panel itself, not before.

In that case, rather whoever catches it first themselves should make the new thread so people know.
I can't ever find the sources. -_-

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Karsticles said:
Interesting hypothesis Intelli.

I can't ever find the sources. -_-

Meh, I just remembered I have Breath of Fire 2 on GBA. I think it is more likely to be Monster Hunter.

Enzo: I remembered it was from capcom unity or SDCC website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom