• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ido

I have no idea, and I also fear that when this gets a true announcement we will only get a handful of character reveals and continue on with this game of riddles.

smh.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
btw gaf the meme was capcom making castlevania #gaffacepalm

WHAT

I did think of that I thought that meme started in other forums first?

Also Demon/Dracula related game, which would make Red Arremer more solid evidence.

SmithnCo

To be honest I forgot the context of the gafmeme "hint" and what other hints it refers to.

crimsonspider89 said:
The gafmeme refers to Red Arremer since GnG involves a person picking up weapons and fighting monsters which is what Castlevania refers to.

Would be pretty lame if that was it, that would have been impossible to figure out normally.

Caj814

Dartastic said:
There's always Morbius, if we're talking about Marvel vampires.

Or VAMBIES!
ayrUj.jpg

SmithnCo

The only Castlevania related thing I can see in the tweets is when he posted some Castlevania music. Then immediately posted SEGA music right after rendering that useless in terms of hinting to the gaf meme.

So where is it? Eff this.

MrMephistoX

Gunloc said:
Too good to be true.

Even though I'd be fine without it, almost everyone would be wanting Midnight Bliss, and I don't see that happening.
Demitri > any other Shoto in history but the reason for this is Midnight Bliss.

Konami made the X-Men arcade game, which Deadpool quotes in MvC3. The gafmeme could mean a character from that, a character that'd appear in both a Konami and Capcom game?

...please let it be Dazzler. Dazzler is basically Jem.

SolarKnight said:
I can't read this out loud and not think of Disney.

The sad thing is that Disney has nothing to do with that.
People blaming Disney for Marvel going down the drain really upsets me, Disney didn't do anything wrong and Marvel already was sucking before they were purchased by Disney. Disney is letting Marvel do whatever the fuck they want. Marvel has just a stronger financial background now and is able to make more projects. :|
The Vambie-Scan is actual proof for Disney not intruding Marvel's stuff, since Marvel Zombies is probably one of the goriest things Marvel has ever created to date. Ultimate Marvel partly as well.

Also, Dracula is an actual Marvel character. So is Blade.

voodoopanda said:
Konami made the X-Men arcade game, which Deadpool quotes in MvC3. The gafmeme could mean a character from that, a character that'd appear in both a Konami and Capcom game?

...please let it be Dazzler. Dazzler is basically Jem.

that's a pretty cool conclusion:

Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, or Dazzler. Or maybe even Juggernaut.

vulva

Becquerel said:
People blaming Disney for Marvel going down the drain really upsets me, Disney didn't do anything wrong and Marvel already was sucking before they were purchased by Disney. Disney is letting Marvel do whatever the fuck they want. Marvel has just a stronger financial background now and is able to make more projects. :|

Also, Dracula is an actual Marvel character. So is Blade.
it's possible he just meant that because zambie sounds like bambi

Becquerel said:
People blaming Disney for Marvel going down the drain really upsets me, Disney didn't do anything wrong and Marvel already was sucking before they were purchased by Disney.

I dunno if you were still talking about me, but I meant that it reminds me inmediately of this
Bambi.jpg

nothing about Disney screwing up Marvel.

Dahbomb said:
Also the "GAF meme" was Capcom/Castlevania? LUPINKO SON I AM DISAPPOINT!!!

I know that's a GAF meme and all but that SHIT WAS STRETCHING IT!!!
Is it? I mean, it IS both a GAF meme and Capcom related.

Dahbomb

SolarKnight said:
Is it? I mean, it IS both a GAF meme and Capcom related.
Getting Red Arremer out of it was a stretch. It was at the back of my mind a lot but I couldn't relate it to any character.

Aunt May/Red Venom GAF meme = Carnage was the best bet. I still stand firm that before the doujinshi hints started popping up, all the hints were dead on to Carnage.

SolarKnight said:
I think he means the time pre-MvC3's release when Niitsuma said that had he been able to get in another Vampire rep it would've been Talbain.

Yeah, it was this. There was an interview with him where he said if there could have been a 4th DS/VS character, he would have gone with Talbain. I can hope... but I'd still love Ken/Nero above him. ^_^

vulva

Dahbomb said:
Getting Red Arremer out of it was a stretch. It was at the back of my mind a lot but I couldn't relate it to any character.

Aunt May/Red Venom GAF meme = Carnage was the best bet. I still stand firm that before the doujinshi hints started popping up, all the hints were dead on to Carnage.
I wasn't paying attention. Was the red hint regarding aunt may about her period or something?

corrosivefrost said:
Yeah, it was this. There was an interview with him where he said if there could have been a 4th DS/VS character, he would have gone with Talbain. I can hope... but I'd still love Ken/Nero above him. ^_^
I hope we get some more Darkstalkers representation if that is the case.

shaowebb

SolarKnight said:
I dunno if you were still talking about me, but I meant that it reminds me inmediately of this
"bambi image"
nothing about Disney screwing up Marvel.

To be honest the problem that Marvel has is that out of all of its heroes none of them stand for a damned thing. Its why The Avengers are the only team that seem to matter because they have a purpose.

Its like this...if you want to help people in a city you fight crime, but no one in Marvel acts as a detective in any of their big comicbook series and next to no one fights crime at all. If they try to fight crime its always "super crime" that generally comes down to smash and grab theft thats too cut and dry with no real meat to it. No villain ever uses cunning to take power and consolidate drugs, crime, and control for themselves. This means that instead of fighting the evils of the worldpeople can actually relate to and become intrigued by they have to fight "made up evils" all the time that can do nothing more than fight.

I mean who can relate to a take over/destroy the world plot anymore?

Its like the difference between Batman and Superman. One is a cop and the other is a firefighter. Sure they both try to help people, but one only tends to show up in the nick of time to stop disasters while the other fights problems that have a more psychological and emotional impact on people.

All of Marvel acts as firefighters. They just stop disasters and "bad guys" that use power to cause large scale damage. If not this they are all clandestine covert ops missions against "shadowy problems" that no one has ever heard of/suspects that are just about to blow up.

Its why Bryan Hitch was so popular in his work since he incorporated massive elements to the comics he worked on involving the problems each character would have in the world they were in since for the most part heroes shouldn't work. The amount of pressure, and responsibility a hero would face would crack them emotionally leading to outbursts, and lots of poorly guided emotional choices.

Marvel forgot how to write drama and instead tries to write new excuses to get to the action as quickly as possible. Its why there seems to be no content even though plenty of fighting is going on. I can't name a single marvel character who fights crime or tries to help people anymore in Marvel. They just stand for themselves and fight other folks like themselves anymore. Hell Spidey and Daredevil come the closest and Spidey only hits crimes he swings by at random his spider sense warns of and Daredevil only fights people who interfere with his clients or friends...and currently he seems to only fight ninjas.

Marvel forgot heroes need to be shown stopping problems and not just trying to protect people from problems they can't relate to. Show me a Marvel comic where they worry about a neighborhood going to hell due to crime, gangwars escalating to the point that more neighborhoods will be consumed, people facing the horrors of life and failing to cope resulting in psychotic tendencies and I'll be shocked.

No psychology, no people are being helped, no point to any character other than to fight other guys in tights is all I'm getting at.

shaowebb said:
Show me a Marvel comic where they worry about a neighborhood going to hell due to crime, gangwars escalating to the point that more neighborhoods will be consumed, people facing the horrors of life and failing to cope resulting in psychotic tendencies and I'll be shocked.

No psychology, no people are being helped, no point to any character other than to fight other guys in tights is all I'm getting at.

53232.jpg

Guys, the Capcom making Castlevania meme is just a reference to Red Arremer:
1) Demon's Crest plays like a Castlevania game (hybrid between new age and old age stuff)
2) The atmosphere, right down to the music, is Castlevania-esque.
3) All of the monsters/NPCs are reminiscent of a Castlevania game.

Vice

shaowebb said:
. Show me a Marvel comic where they worry about a neighborhood going to hell due to crime, gangwars escalating to the point that more neighborhoods will be consumed, people facing the horrors of life and failing to cope resulting in psychotic tendencies and I'll be shocked.

There's Daredevil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom