• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS Retail Copy Leaked Early by Smash Gaffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galang

Banned
Honestly, I really doubt they did.
Wii Fit Trainer was a really lucky guess, as was the Villager to some extent. But the rest were either extremely obvious choices or vague predictions that played it (mostly) safe. He was flat-out WRONG about some things. Sure, you could blame it on outdated info, but mix it all together and it just doesn't smell right to me...

Nah. They obviously had information at some point. Wii Fit Trainer lined up too perfectly with the other information to just be luck and is just a weird guess to make regardless.

Hey, would any of you happen to have that picture of Ridley that surfaced recently (the character select screen with mostly his head)? Something's bugging me.

RomanceDawn

In addition, didn't they get "Mii Fighters" also? Guessing Mii is one thing, guessing they're name perfectly is another.

Very true. But someone is going to step in and say "but they said Animal Crossing Guy" as if that makes the Mii Fighter "prediction" just a prediction.

I've owned Animal Crossing and I didn't even know the Villager was called Villager, I thought it was Animal Crosser.

People need to stop. Dude had information got a piece of it wrong for God only knows why.

ColinSM

Neo Member
The only thing our leak was really "flat out wrong" on was Chrom and reveal times. And the Chrom thing could have been easily mistaken for "Fire Emblem: Awakening Protagonist" or having seen Chrom's in-game model, etc. I dunno, the leaker hasn't spoken to me since just before the Lucina and Robin reveal.

Also, people need to stop attributing the leak to lucky guesses, or "extremely obvious choices." That's so easy to say in hindsight, but in reality, they weren't. Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager, each by themselves were stretches. The fact that the leak had and got all three, in addition to seven others---they weren't lucky guesses.

I, too, want to know the fate of the Chorus Men, though. Have the early buyers unlocked every character yet?

Mega Man, Pac-Man, Miis, Little Mac, Palutena, Chrom, and Shulk were all on my "shocked if they don't make it" list, even before E3 2013. I don't have enough confidence or bravado to say that I'm a genius at predicting the roster, and I have enough experience in the fan community to know that Pac-Man and Miis were the only heavily contested additions in that group.

He was wrong about Chrom, wrong about the announcement date for three characters, and as far as we can tell, he was wrong about Chorus Kids. I'm much more willing to accept Wii Fit Trainer as a lucky guess than I am to accept all of those inaccuracies as unfortunate changes of plan.

There are hundreds of wannabe "leakers" out there before any Smash game is released, and plenty of them make outlandish claims to make themselves both stand out from the crowd, and seem more reliable if their guess proves correct. It's not surprising in the least that one of them out there would get it right and try to capitalize on that success, despite being off-target about a number of other facts.

If the Chorus Kids are playable, I'll happily concede. Until the Gematsu leak, they were even more obscure and outlandish than the Wii Fit Trainer. If he's right about both of those characters, that's far too spectacular to be luck. But if he's wrong about Chorus Kids, that's just one more mark on his list of inaccurate claims.

Hey, would any of you happen to have that picture of Ridley that surfaced recently (the character select screen with mostly his head)? Something's bugging me.

It was confirmed fake by multiple people and even shown that whoever "leaked" him just did a copy/paste of some fanart and cut off his head for the image.

ElFly

Wasn't the gematsu leak divided in two posts, and the second post was completely wrong (palutena/chorus men)?

Also wii fit trainer wasn't even remotely obvious, please GAF.

Jamix012

Wasn't the gematsu leak divided in two posts, and the second post was completely wrong (palutena/chorus men)?

Also wii fit trainer wasn't even remotely obvious, please GAF.

Yeah this was my feeling. The first post Gematsu leaked had Mac, Villager and WFT and some others before they were revealed. They got their hand on some info. The second post was clearly just bullshit and I thought so too from the beginning.

ColinSM

Neo Member
Yeah this was my feeling. The first post Gematsu leaked had Mac, Villager and WFT and some others before they were revealed. They got their hand on some info. The second post was clearly just bullshit and I thought so too from the beginning.
This is also very possible.

Cube1701

Neo Member
Someone mentioned the low amount of challanges. Looks like there actually are more

aDFZT2B.jpg

ColinSM

Neo Member
I find it hilarious how this announcer doesn't enunciate certain consonants too well in some of the clips. I could have sworn he just said "Master Ham and Lazy Ham"

Gema just unlocked Ganondorf.

Note that the character screen now only has six slots left. Meaning, after Bowser Jr, there's still five chars yet to be confirmed by other leaks, unless I'm missing someone.

Not that I'm complaining, but why would they remove Wolf and keep Falco? I get that Falco is more popular, but Wolf is more different from Fox than Falco is. Wolf's moves are really different.

DedValve

Banned
So ROB is the only character left that we don't any info about? No more characters?

Wheres wolf and ice climbers? :(
AND MEWTWO AND RIDLEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom