• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Website is up!

Armitage

Danthrax said:
Sure we did. Hell I insinuated that the main character from NiGHTS and somebody from the Lunar series would be in Brawl. It only gets crazier if I suggest that we'll get a playable
fighter from Sylpheed, even though that wasn't even on a Ninty system -- the game's composer is working on Brawl though, that counts, right?

I prefer to think he was being sarcastic.

mclem

dojobanjo said:
Why Nobuo Uematsu is not in the list ?
Isn't he the one who made the theme we heard in the first trailer ?

That given list is of people who are remixing Nintendo (and presumably the key non-Nintendo) tracks for inclusion in the game; the theme Uematsu worked on is an original composition.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.) Metal Gear Solid 4
Guns Of The Patriots /
Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS
Arata Iiyoshi Pokémon Mundo Misterioso /
beatmania II DX
Asuka Ohta (Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros. /
Yoshi Touch& Go
Hajime Wakai (Nintendo) Serie Pikmin / Serie Star Fox
Jun Fukuda
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) Killer7 / contact
Kazumi Totaka (Nintendo) Serie Animal Crossing /
Serie Yoshi
Keigo Ozaki
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) PROJECT SYLPHEED
Kenichi Okuma Serie Melty Lancer /
Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 3
Kenji Ito Serie ROMANCING SAGA /
CULDCEPT SAGA
Kenji Yamamoto (Nintendo) Super Metroid /
Serie Metroid Prime
Kentaro Ishizaka
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) -
Koji Hayama Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2
Koji Kondo (Nintendo) Serie Super Mario Bros. /
Serie The Legend of Zelda
Masaaki Iwasaki MOTHER3 / Chelnov (Mega Drive)
Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) Killer7 / GOD HAND
Masato Kouda Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry
Michiko Naruke Serie Wild Arms
Minako Hamano (Nintendo) Metroid Fusion
Motoi Sakuraba Serie Golden Sun /
Series mario Golf y Tennis
Noriyuki Iwadare Serie GRANDIA
Ryoji Yoshitomi (Nintendo) WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Party Game$!
Seiji Momoi METEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods
Shogo Sakai
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) Super Smash Bros. Melee /
MOTHER3
Shota Kageyama Luminous Arc
Takahiro Nishi
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) Serie GRANDIA /
PROJECT SYLPHEED
Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS
Toru Minegishi (Nintendo) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Toshiyuki Sudo (Nintendo) Canal Opiniones
Tsukasa Masuko Star Force / Magical Starsign
Yasufumi Fukuda Kamaitachi no Yoru 2
Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
Yoko Shimomura Serie Kingdom Hearts
Yuka Tsujiyoko Serie Fire Emblem
Yusuke Takahama
(TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.) Serie Digital Pinball
Yutaka Iraha
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) Serie SYLPHEED
Yuzo Koshiro (ANCIENT) ActRaiser / Streets of Rage

HOLY SHIT!

OMFG! This is madness! So much talent there! I can't believe this!

Music is going to be awesome. BTW, does this mean that this game is opening free from the Nintendo world to the gaming industry in general? I don't like the idea. I would prefer a Nintendo exclusive only Smash, and then a whole industry Smash.

Can't wait to get more about the game!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
jvalioli said:
Im surprised no one is trying to create crazy new character theories by looking at the previous works at some of the musicians. :lol

seeing that there are 2 composers from Killer7 on there, you can pretty much confirm a Smith as playable. I mean I'm confirming it. Because I like Killer7.

guise

Can someone post the new screens on imagepup.com please since i cant access the site. Its the only hosting site i can think of off hand that isnt filtered at my work

mclem

AniHawk said:
They said maybe 2 or 3 3rd party characters, and you expect someone from Lunar to make the cut?

It'll be Solid Snake, Sonic, and something else (Mega Man would be the other frontrunner)

I think you're neglecting an absolutely massive (in Japan, to be fair) non-Nintendo character who was established on Nintendo systems and could potentially fit nicely into the game:

Slime.

If Horii agrees, I think he'd have to be a front-runner.

Armitage

guise said:
Can someone post the new screens on imagepup.com please since i cant access the site. Its the only hosting site i can think of off hand that isnt filtered at my work

Righty-o:

VZQC_1179830477_basic01_070522b-l.jpg

IGbb_1179830518_stage01_070522c-l.jpg

More in a sec.

Thumbs:

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I wouldn't say that a composer means a game series character in. I don't think so at all. The game would go too big for the team and for the 2007 release.

BTW, doesn't Snake use movements from Ganondorf and Capt. Falcom? I think that some of his kicks and punches are familiar to me...

xTOXNx

Banned
needless to say, I lol'd

I went on smashboards and said to all the kids who stayed up all night to see it, "I told you so". :)

EDIT: Oh yeah and the names on the screens look really bad.

NotWii

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Looks great, sounds great and I'm sure it'll play great. I hope it has a wiimote+nunchuck option.

But do they need to have the character face AND emblem on the screen? Kinda makes this a bit cluttered I reckon.
I agree.
And this isn't even stock :S

radiuhm

Tons of great musicians listed, really excited. I think I read earlier in this thread that the site will have daily/weekly updates, any truth behind that?

Wii said:
I agree.
And this isn't even stock :S

Plus the names are a bit hard to read in white, they sometimes blend into other things like the ground.

Tons of great musicians listed, really excited. I think I read earlier in this thread that the site will have daily/weekly updates, any truth behind that?

Yup, each weekday (so 5 times a week) we will receive an update. Today there was 3.

radiuhm

Alkaliine said:
Yup, each weekday (so 5 times a week) we will receive an update. Today there was 3.

That's great, now all thats left is for this Nintendo Media Event to happen, any new details on that?

oh how i have waited for my beautiful smash bros brawl. I can feel it coming. It's close!
Game of 2007 or 2008 (whenever the hell it's released) confirmed. If Melee and the original are any indication, I'll be playing Brawl well into 2011.

Thank you, Nintendo, now hurry the hell up and release it!

thefro

Holy @#$% at Sakurai's composer army (and they didn't even mention Uematsu, who's already done the main theme).

woxel1

Darunia said:
seeing that there are 2 composers from Killer7 on there, you can pretty much confirm a Smith as playable. I mean I'm confirming it. Because I like Killer7.
I'd love to see anyone from K7, but I'd only expect Mask because at least he can wrestle... to kill. :D

radiuhm said:
That's great, now all thats left is for this Nintendo Media Event to happen, any new details on that?

Well there's some belief that everything coming out of Tueday's session (as well as Wednesday's session, but that's more E3 related stuff for magazines) will be embargoed until Friday at least. This is not confirmed but we should at least consider it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've just got home. Nice to see it's up at last. However as soon as I get home I might as well leave, so I'll be looking at the site and this thread is greater detail later

You lot are getting over excited. If I know Nintendo, and I seem to have gotten used to their antics over the last 12 years of being a worshipper, than that list of composers is just an indication of tracks in the game. I bet the music is just burrowed from other gaming mascots, and hence credit is given to the relative people.

But I sure would love it if I was wrong.

PS - it would be so cool if they could add whether affects like that of Zelda: TP, along with the day/night cycles.

thefro

DarknessTear said:
wtf, why is Michiko Naruke on there? :O

Because basically Nintendo called up all the Japanese composers and said "lol, rearrange your favorite Nintendo themes and if we like them, $$$".

It's basically OCRemix all-stars.

thefro said:
Because basically Nintendo called up all the Japanese composers and said "lol, rearrange your favorite Nintendo themes and if we like them, $$$".

It's basically OCRemix all-stars.

lol, I bet Michiko Naruke's music is going to have whistling. ;o

If not, she fails!

Grecco

I really love how the numbers/character names look on the bottom of the screen now... God Smash cant come soon enough

medrew

xTOXNx said:
needless to say, I lol'd

I went on smashboards and said to all the kids who stayed up all night to see it, "I told you so". :)

EDIT: Oh yeah and the names on the screens look really bad.

What are you, 15?

Oh. You really are.

Threi

notag
No new characters? oh well

holy freakin crap @ music

new damage meter looks pretty sick :D

i wouldn't call this a dissapointment at all....yet.

P.S. all of you saying "OMGS NOTHING LOLZ I TOLD YOU SO"

grow the **** up.

Chemo

evilromero said:
Did they say it wasn't in 16:9? That would surprise the hell out of me if it ran in standard aspect ratio. All Nintendo games are 16:9.
Wario Ware Smooth Moves isn't, and I've seen in at least one place that Fire Emblem Wii isn't either.

People need to brace for impact just in case this is 4:3 only. What a ****ing waste that would be, though.

--Edit--

Quoted the wrong damn post.

Varjet

Chemo said:
Wario Ware Smooth Moves isn't, and I've seen in at least one place that Fire Emblem Wii isn't either.

People need to brace for impact just in case this is 4:3 only. What a ****ing waste that would be, though.
Well, but the SSBB trailers are in 16:9.

NeonZ

the thoroughbred said:
You lot are getting over excited. If I know Nintendo, and I seem to have gotten used to their antics over the last 12 years of being a worshipper, than that list of composers is just an indication of tracks in the game. I bet the music is just burrowed from other gaming mascots, and hence credit is given to the relative people.

But I sure would love it if I was wrong.

Huh... they're wrong, but you're wrong too... The site clearly explains what the composers are doing:

Of course, Smash will let you enjoy music from a wide variety of Nintendo games.
A number of individuals have put their touch on these arrangements.

Using the game music that has entertained so many as the base for new arrangements by so many famed musicians... Not too shabby, eh?

Then he goes on to give a sample of the first arrangement, based on Menu 1 from Smash Bros Melee, arranged by Motoi Sakuraba (Golden Sun / Mario Tennis).

Aeris130

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
speck.gif

It seems that only Europe will NOT get Smash before the end of the year.

darthvader.gif

Oh well, Metroid and SMG will hopefully fill the void. Nights as playable character, kthxbye.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hell Yes!

Big Hands are back! I missed them in Melee.

Also if the trade off is actual awesome composers and arrangers remixing classic nintendo music then orchestrated music can bite my ass.

Totaka, Kondo, Sakuraba, Mitsuda etc. etc. are >>>> than random nintendo musician 2764 and an orchestra

Top Bottom