• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Website is up!

Charlatanized said:
Well I'll be damned. I feel a little stupid, but at least that means more updates, right?
More lovely updates indeed. Wonder what Wednesday's update will be considering the Nintendo Media Event will be going on.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Charlatanized said:
Well I'll be damned. I feel a little stupid, but at least that means more updates, right?

yep monday-friday updates

edit: says launching with daily weekday updates, i guess it will slow down after this week.

jj984jj said:
But it depends on what Sakurai wants obviously, he is directing. I doubt Iwata would come in to push much more 3rd party characters down his throat.

Definitely not. What Sakurai wants, Sakurai gets (at least that's the vibe I get).

Still he may have made those comments a while ago assuming the game would not get such a long dev cycle and/or other game designers may have approached him seeing Snake in the game or hearing that one of their composer friends was working on the title or something.

Vagabundo

soundwave05 said:
Sakurai's already confirmed that GC pad (and I would presume CC) support is in, so no worries. If you don't want to play like that, you won't have to.

Just as long as you can use the wiimote (and nunchuck if nescessary) I will be happy.

guise

I swear to god Nintendo, stop ****ing over europeans.

Im getting more and more tempted to mod my wii, there are next to no games out at the moment and increasingly it looks like every good game that is coming out gets pushed back months behind the NA/JP releases.

Actually hold on a second, can you even mod a PAL wii to be region free?
[/rant]

Anyhow, that list of composers is immense. Grasshopper dudes makes me happy.

Masato Kouda has also covered Megaman and Street Fighter II themes on the Marvel Vs. Capcom soundtrack before too (not just Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter).

So if Megaman (or Ryu?) is one of the other 3rd party characters in, I guess he would be the lead guy for the theme on that.

farnham

Banned
hmm certainly the graphics of SMBB are not up to PS3 or 360 level..

but what did you expect anyway.. we know that the Wii is basically as powerful as a Xbox and no more...

why would you expect better graphics when the machine just cant produce such graphics..

at least Sakurai is putting in some effort.. at least more then EAs Playground

LCGeek

formerly sane
farnham said:

but what did you expect anyway.. we know that the Wii is basically as powerful as a Xbox and no more...

why would you expect better graphics when the machine just cant produce such graphics..

Who said the graphics were like anything on the high powered consoles that is exceptionally good? SSBB looks good compared to it's bretheren which is most in here are saying.

Euhm... Mithos Yggdrasill has stated like 10 times in this thread that the music is fully orchestrated, but that song on the site is not orchestrated...It just is synthesized music with "orchestra-like" instruments. My ears don't deceive me, do they? :/

At E3 they said the whole soundtrack would be orchestrated, and the SSBB theme they released was an orchestrated song if I recall correctly....So which is it?

farnham said:

Nobody said it should look like a PS3 or 360 game. We don't expect better graphics than the machine can produce. And if you use EA Playground as a reference, than every game on the DS looks wonderful.

Armitage

Souldriver said:
Euhm... Mithos Yggdrasill has stated like 10 times in this thread that the music is fully orchestrated, but that song on the site is not orchestrated...It just is synthesized music with "orchestra-like" instruments. My ears don't deceive me, do they? :/

At E3 they said the whole soundtrack would be orchestrated, and the SSBB theme they released was an orchestrated song if I recall correctly....So which is it?

It sounds like synth to me too, but the quality isn't very good so I can't tell for sure. Then again, I've heard orchestral stuff I thought was synth and synth stuff that I would have sworn was real.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Kafel said:
daily update = this thread should be stickied, it will stay first of the topics for a long long time.

Daily update = sticky

Nintendo related daily update = non sticky.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kafel said:
daily update = this thread should be stickied, it will stay first of the topics for a long long time.

says launching with daily weekday updates, so im sure after this week it will slow down

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
fernoca said:
Also, the first trailer showed there's a visual difference between the Melee and Brawl:

Mario in Melee
super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074511060.jpg

Mario in Brawl
super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074521185.jpg

Link in Melee
super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074525200.jpg

Link in Brawl
super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074445296.jpg

So saying that both look the same..is just BS! :)
seems like only yesterday when people were arguing with me that was a generational leap :lol

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Windu said:
says launching with daily weekday updates, so im sure after this week it will slow down

? That means it will slow down on Saturday and Sunday, which are not weekdays. Mon-Fri it will update.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
-Sakurai, from the previous smash website-
I've mentioned that, but the song on the website does not sound orchestrated. The trumpets are way to synthesized. The violins make me hesitate a bit, but even they don't sound "wavy", more like one-note-after-another, like it's been made by a keyboard. And the whole song doesn't song orchestrated anyhow.

I would definatly label it not-orchestrated.

The composition from the website sample is nice though.

NotWii

Banned
Souldriver said:
I've mentioned that, but the song on the website does not sound orchestrated. The trumpets are way to synthesized. The violins make me hesitate a bit, but even they don't sound "wavy", more like one-note-after-another, like it's been made by a keyboard.

Correct.

THIS is orchestrated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FthO0vw7us

Taker666

VOOK said:
Just remember PAL rhymes with Ass Rape

Why do I have this terrible feeling that while the US and Japan will be getting Smash bros as their big November title....Europeans will be getting Pokemon Battle Revolution in its place. :lol

Wii said:
The sample posted today is NOT orchestrated.
It's just high quality synth.

Could you stop this ****?
Orchestrated or not, it has great quality and sounds fantastic.
Note to Koji Kondo: Midi for next Zelda on Wii please, just to see such people´s face *rolleyes*

NotWii

Banned
jj984jj said:
The arrangement on the site could be a sample, not the actual arrangement.
Yeah, that's more likely.

I think they're still finalising the tunes before they go and record with the orchestra.

Souldriver said:
I've mentioned that, but the song on the website does not sound orchestrated. The trumpets are way to synthesized. The violins make me hesitate a bit, but even they don't sound "wavy", more like one-note-after-another, like it's been made by a keyboard. And the whole song doesn't song orchestrated anyhow.

Definitely you're more expert then me about that, because with this music is very hard for me to distinguish between orchestrated and Midi. Anyway, Sakurai stated that the entire OST would have been performed by an orchestra with Latin Lirics. If he has changed idea: not my problem.

MasterMFauli said:
Could you stop this ****?
Orchestrated or not, it has great quality and sounds fantastic.
Note to Koji Kondo: Midi for next Zelda on Wii please, just to see such people´s face *rolleyes*
I find music the most important part of a game to get into the atmosphere, more than graphics. Are you telling me I'm not allowed to talk about it when the site has a midi-sample while they promised orchestrated music?
Jesus, everything negative is considered whining or trolling. :/

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Definitely you're more expert then me about that, because with this music is very hard for me to distinguish between orchestrated and Midi. Anyway, Sakurai stated that the entire OST would have been performed by an orchestra with Latin Lirics. If he has changed idea: not my problem.
Yeah, I was not calling you out on it, I just mentioned it because I remember them saying it would be orchestrated too.

Xun

Taker666 said:
Why do I have this terrible feeling that while the US and Japan will be getting Smash bros as their big November title....Europeans will be getting Pokemon Battle Revolution in its place. :lol
Because we fit in the other category, and thus we're not important enough. I mean come on Nintendo, how hard is it to translate a ****ing fighter? Jesus.

Souldriver said:
I find music the most important part of a game to get into the atmosphere, more than graphics. Are you telling me I'm not allowed to talk about it when the site has a midi-sample while they promised orchestrated music?
Jesus, everything negative is considered whining or trolling. :/

You can talk about what you want.
It´s just that im sick of people complaining about "on noez, no orchester!"
Be it Twilight Princess or now SSBB. The music i heard sounded great. Why should one care about the way the music is made, when it simply sounds good?

MasterMFauli said:
You can talk about what you want.
It´s just that im sick of people complaining about "on noez, no orchester!"
Be it Twilight Princess or now SSBB. The music i heard sounded great. Why should one care about the way the music is made, when it simply sounds good?
Well, they promised orchestrated music for both games and we didn't get any. And here's the thing: Midi-music < Orchestrated music, in my opinion. You're acting as if the quality of music is objective, thus everybody has to agree with your tastes.

No game comes close to the fun factor of Smash (Although i could never master the damn game)
So pretty graphics appease the easily pleased i guess!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
SSBB website is surprisingly good. By the time the game is released I think everyone will know the rules and the moves. I didn't play the previous episodes in the series but I won't miss this one.

Looks great, sounds great and I'm sure it'll play great. I hope it has a wiimote+nunchuck option.

But do they need to have the character face AND emblem on the screen? Kinda makes this a bit cluttered I reckon.

Souldriver said:
Well, they promised orchestrated music for both games and we didn't get any. And here's the thing: Midi-music < Orchestrated music, in my opinion. You're acting as if the quality of music is objective, thus everybody has to agree with your tastes.

I couldn't even tell it was MIDI. I'm impressed.

BloodyYank said:
NOTHING NEW!?!

CURSE YOU NINTENDO!!!

New screens, new info on the music cast, new menu music, and possible new info on wiimote usage. Plus there will be something new each week day, and we will likely learn more about the gameplay this week. I think it's enough.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Motoi Sakuraba, Masafumi Takada and Jun Fukuda are on the soundtrack. Man, this is like Christmas on May.

jvalioli

Im surprised no one is trying to create crazy new character theories by looking at the previous works at some of the musicians. :lol

E-phonk

Banned
guise said:
I swear to god Nintendo, stop ****ing over europeans.

Im getting more and more tempted to mod my wii, there are next to no games out at the moment and increasingly it looks like every good game that is coming out gets pushed back months behind the NA/JP releases.

Actually hold on a second, can you even mod a PAL wii to be region free?

Sure you can. I enjoy playing paper mario on my PAL Wii.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
jvalioli said:
Im surprised no one is trying to create crazy new character theories by looking at the previous works at some of the musicians. :lol

Sure we did. Hell I insinuated that the main character from NiGHTS and somebody from the Lunar series would be in Brawl. It only gets crazier if I suggest that we'll get a playable
fighter from Sylpheed, even though that wasn't even on a Ninty system -- the game's composer is working on Brawl though, that counts, right?

Top Bottom