• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Menitta

i'll pray for you both

iXJJcqV.gif

In its defense, the brown shoes do match up with his appearance from Mario 2 which basically uses the Jumpman colors otherwise.

Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg

Robiin

I will buy an NX for this game, even if it's just a port of a game I have bought thrice (3DS+physical and digital Wii U) with all DLC that I've already purchased before. I am a sucker for Smash.

I wonder how many music slots we can add per stage.

Not that I'd go overboard like the Mario Maker level, but I just know Onett/Halberd/TGCO are gonna be fucking crazy for me.

If I had to guess, it would also be 256. The game seems made to accept basically limitless amounts of content if they needed.

Richie

They'll have no choice but to give her decent plot development since Takahashi wants to return to a more story-rich game like the original.

You say this, but has Takahashi said anywhere that he wants to return to XCX's cast, too? If anything I think brand new characters are most likely for the upcoming title.

Personally I'm not rushing to have anyone from XCX playable, but a XCX stage would be superb.

I look forward to adding 263 different shades of blue for Sonic.

I swear that's got to be a fanfic somewhere...

It's too bad third parties likely wouldn't get new alts, since a Bass alt would be fantastic for Mega Man.

Although at that point, he's a forward smash, down tilt and up special away from being a semi-clone.

Zebei

You say this, but has Takahashi said anywhere that he wants to return to XCX's cast, too? If anything I think brand new characters are most likely for the upcoming title.

Personally I'm not rushing to have anyone from XCX playable, but a XCX stage would be superb.

With the way XCX ends I would be shocked if we didn't get a sequel that brings back most, if not all of its characters. Elma, Lin, and Lao at an absolute minimum.
It's too bad third parties likely wouldn't get new alts, .

Still praying for Kingdom Hearts Cloud

Richie

With the way XCX ends I would be shocked if we didn't get a sequel that brings back most, if not all of its characters. Elma, Lin, and Lao at an absolute minimum.

Still praying for Kingdom Hearts Cloud

Not having finished the game, I took the chance...Not actually a spoiler, woohoo! But fine now you've got me curious, guess I'll play it again after work...

...And give us Miss Cloud or bust.

Roo

I'm surprised! I didn't expect to see you giving up on Frigate Orpheon after you advocated for the stage for long time as I remember.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for Frigate Orpheon, but at this point, I really don't think they'll bother to add too many (if any) new stages to the game when they have a plethora of stages from the 3DS version to choose from.

From what we know, maybe the 3DS stages were actually created in HD but simply scaled down enough to run on all the 3DS system variations.

I still believe we'll get a brand new Smash (6) game for NX so there's still hope for FO :p

Only thing I want is crazy Zelda buffs to make her top tier

And give a Hilda alt color/costume for her too. Or just make Hilda an actual playable character and the OP version of Zelda.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm just glad they didn't put in a Snake Mii costume.
Wouldn't have been the ultimate knife in the gut.

I'm in a weird situation with Mii costume. I'm really glad that Llyod and Geno costumes got in because their mii actually have movesets that fits them very well. And you can't really make the moveset that are similar to Brawl's Solid Snakein Smash 4 so it wouldn't works.

Yeah I can't wait for more mii costumes! /s

Hah, I mean for the rest of the characters. Getting different outfits from various iterations. For example I would love a Link based on the NES and "Link to the Past" Zelda designs, or having like characters have character skins like Olimar. Ness can easily have a Ninten/Paula/Poo switch with the same moves.

MomoQca

I swear that's got to be a fanfic somewhere...

Oh, I'm fully aware that it's not 100% definite. I was speaking hypothetically when I made that post. I didn't feel the need to reiterate that after my last post.

Sequel bait ending aside, Takahashi said he built this game as the foundation for future games to further expand upon its ideas/concept. That to me suggests that Takahashi wants to return to the same cast, or at least the same universe as XCX. I feel there's more "For" than "Against" regarding Elma's return.

Hah, I mean for the rest of the characters. Getting different outfits from various iterations. For example I would love a Link based on the NES and "Link to the Past" Zelda designs, or having like characters have character skins like Olimar. Ness can easily have a Ninten/Paula/Poo switch with the same moves.

We just talked about this the other page but it seems Sakurai and Nintendo were planning on doing proper character costume DLC at some point. It's much, much easier to add new costume slots without replacing old ones than in Brawl and according to modders we can have up to over 200 alts for each character.

We just talked about this the other page but it seems Sakurai and Nintendo were planning on doing proper character costume DLC at some point. It's much, much easier to add new costume slots without replacing old ones than in Brawl and according to modders we can have up to over 200 alts for each character.

AH I missed it. That's good to hear.

Wait is there an easy way to get texture hacks on the game now?

AH I missed it. That's good to hear.

Wait is there an easy way to get texture hacks on the game now?

Why yes. Recently peeps managed to figure out a fairly easy to use exploit to get Smash mods up and running. Here's some links if you're interested.

http://pastebin.com/ES053DpJ (How to set it all up)
http://pastebin.com/NENj6bTV (How to install custom skins)
http://sm4shmods.com/forums/topic/add-new-costume-slots/ (How to add new costume slots without replacing old ones)

jnWake

Capcom third rep should definitely be Phoenix Wright. Ace Attorney is niche but still has a sizeable fanbase and all his games have been released on Nintendo systems. He'd also need a crazy and fun moveset. Amaterasu would be cool too but Okami's lack of success prevents it sadly.

Square second rep could be Geno or someone from FF6 (Terra being the most likely). Crono or someone else from Chrono Trigger (like Magus) would be incredible. I can only imagine how awesome a CT stage with
two
songs from that game would be.

If Sega gets a second one, Eggman would be fun. Tails or Knuckles would be too clonish.

Neoxon

Capcom third rep should definitely be Phoenix Wright. Ace Attorney is niche but still has a sizeable fanbase and all his games have been released on Nintendo systems. He'd also need a crazy and fun moveset. Amaterasu would be cool too but Okami's lack of success prevents it sadly.

Square second rep could be Geno or someone from FF6 (Terra being the most likely). Crono or someone else from Chrono Trigger (like Magus) would be incredible. I can only imagine how awesome a CT stage with
two
songs from that game would be.

If Sega gets a third one, Eggman would be fun. Tails or Knuckles would be too clonish.
FTFY

batfax

Yeah, honestly it feels weird that Namco doesn't have a second but SEGA and Capcom do. Namco are the ones working on the game after all.

Yeah, honestly it feels weird that Namco doesn't have a second but SEGA and Capcom do. Namco are the ones working on the game after all.

I'd chalk it up to that perhaps Namco doesn't have another iconic/popular enough character that also wouldn't be redundant like a Tekken character.

Granted, the first point might be nullified by Bayonetta, but one could argue that was just for the Ballot and she might not of gotten in otherwise.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Just announcer call files? I recalled that they gave the list to announcer's voice actor so he read a lot of characters' names, including the characters that aren't in the games. It might not meant anything at the moment unless I misunderstood something in your picture.

Golnei

Just announcers files? I recalled that they gave the list to announcer's voice actor so he read a lot of characters' names, including the characters that aren't in the games. It might not meant anything at the moment unless I misunderstood something in your picture.

None of those recordings would have actually made it into the game, though. I don't think these were the actual recorded audio files, but dummy placeholders for where Ivysaur and Squirtle's announcer calls would have gone.

Late to the party here but man I'm excited.

Seeing Smash mods so far along is amazing! It was literally years before hackers found a way to add costumes to Brawl and here it is already. Over 200 costumes available. Absolutely mind blowing!

As for Smash nx, I don't want to get my hopes up. I wouldn't be the least surprised if it's just a repackage with all the DLC. Anything extra would be a joy.

What I'm HOPING for is

3DS stages in HD
Custom moves for DLC characters
Of all the potential returning characters, I have to be honest and say I'd most want Snake back (and I've never played a Metal Gear)
The only two characters I really want are Elma and Inkling. The latter I think is very likely. But I REALLY want Elma.
And what everyone else says. More songs for Midgar. I think the only way this will happen, officially, is if we get another SE rep.

Crazy thought. Bandai Namco's second rep is KOSMOS, we get Elma, and then we'll have a Xeno trio. That'd just make me giggle.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Crazy thought. Bandai Namco's second rep is KOSMOS, we get Elma, and then we'll have a Xeno trio. That'd just make me giggle.

You mean Haruka Amami from Xenoglossia surely. That's the only Xeno rep worth anything.

cXbATGs.jpg

Top Bottom