• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Why are you trying to directly compare villager and LM? You're going after a hundred cherrypicked binary comparisons to support your pre-conceived viewpoint. It would be better to look at the whole picture, and stop trying to cram your conclusions down everyone's throat.

Little Mac well could be in the game, and the ring could end up being an explicitly punch-out stage, but acting as if it's a foregone conclusion is not yet warranted.

I wasn't the first to bring up Animal Crossing, but it is usually brought up in reference to the ring stage to show that a franchise can have a stage and no playable character. And pointing out some differences to those comparisons is relevant to that discussion. I also didn't think Punch-Out!! would have any significant representation in Smash 4 until the trailer showed a stage that has multiple similarities to a game in the series. Similarities that are only dismissed by people that won't believe it is a Punch-Out!! stage until Sakurai dresses up as Little Mac and shouts that it is into a megaphone at the end of a Nintendo Direct.

leroidys

I wasn't the first to bring up Animal Crossing, but it is usually brought up in reference to the ring stage to show that a franchise can have a stage and no playable character. And pointing out some differences to those comparisons is relevant to that discussion. I also didn't think Punch-Out!! would have any significant representation in Smash 4 until the trailer showed a stage that has multiple similarities to a game in the series. Similarities that are only dismissed by people that won't believe it is a Punch-Out!! stage until Sakurai dresses up as Little Mac and shouts that it is into a megaphone at the end of a Nintendo Direct.

I don't know why I'm even bothering. This is worse than a minimum wage thread.

Shun

I don't really get the hate against Modern Sonic.

We hate him because he goes turbo and joins every fucking little game.

Plus if it weren't for his inclusion in Brawl, we might have had Mewtwo and what not instead.

His stage music sucks too.

I love classic Sonic, but once Sonic Heroes hit it was all down hill.

TrueBlue

We hate him because he goes turbo and joins every fucking little game.

Plus if it weren't for his inclusion in Brawl, we might have had Mewtwo and what not instead.

His stage music sucks too.

I love classic Sonic, but once Sonic Heroes hit it was all down hill.

lol

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I don't know why I'm even bothering. This is worse than a minimum wage thread.

Why come there no Mike Tysons in the backrounds? It obviously ain't PO!! based, mang.

That was basically your reasoning as to why it isn't a Punch-Out!! stage. It isn't distinctively PO!! enough for you unless the super obvious is apparent, while at the same time you have no comment on any of the specific details that have been pointed out again and again. Unless King Hippo is twerking in the middle of the ring it isn't obvious to you.

lol Smashboards has come up with a new term for the Ridley debate: toobigots.
That's really old... I see that on Smashboards all the time.

edit: quick google search shows results from SB as early as June, but I recall seeing it earlier than that there, and September at IGN, which should corrolate to the Ridley discussions there during Smashboard's crash. So yeah, this has been around a while.

Berordn

I don't really get the hate against Modern Sonic.

It's kind of funny since Mario went through a similar redesign in Mario 64 where his artwork and renders showed him as being lankier and angrier, but he at least had better games to help the fanbase forget that.

It might seem very random but I'm really glad that Sonic and Mega Man's Blue are two different shades of Blue.

screen-3.jpg

Son Of D

For the 21st I'm actually expecting Final Destination to be shown. That or a throwback to old Smash games (whether it's an old stage or even some sort of "retro Smash mode").

leroidys

Why come there no Mike Tysons in the backrounds? It obviously ain't PO!! based, mang.

That was basically your reasoning as to why it isn't a Punch-Out!! stage. It isn't distinctively PO!! enough for you unless the super obvious is apparent, while at the same time you have no comment on any of the specific details that have been pointed out again and again. Unless King Hippo is twerking in the middle of the ring it isn't obvious to you.

So close. Your capacity for cogent rhetoric and reading comprehension are severely lacking. Welcome to my ignore list.

Platy

For the 21st I'm actually expecting Final Destination to be shown. That or a throwback to old Smash games (whether it's an old stage or even some sort of "retro Smash mode").

"Like in brawl, this game will also feature small demos for other games... and to comemorate the Duck Hunt Dawg, we put a smash demo on smash bros so you can smash while you smash."

I'M FINISHED!

Weak.

leroidys never had any response to any of the specifics, they just weren't good enough for him, explanations be damned. Expecting mountains of verification without needing to do any of the same to prove his assertion.

Ivan 3414

I'd like to think that after 15 years of no Ridley people would have gotten used to the disappointment.

Of course, you've got people here arguing whether or not Ashley is a more important character than Wolf, so who knows what's gonna happen ;)

I'd hate to bring up this debate again, but I found it funny that people said Wolf was important because "he's Fox's rival!" That really doesn't mean much at all when Fox is from a near-dead franchise that's been eclipsed by nearly every other non-retro franchise in Smash Bros.

R0ckman

It's kind of funny since Mario went through a similar redesign in Mario 64 where his artwork and renders showed him as being lankier and angrier, but he at least had better games to help the fanbase forget that.

Sonic was redesigned and looks too "try hard cool" Granted he always has been about cool edgey lame 90s cool. But modern Sonic was literally created based off of deviant art trends and thats why they love him and part of the reason he is stuck in the purgatory of shit. I'd rather he be "dead" like Mega Man than be the bitch of THAT demographic on top of a mountain of shitty ass games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97387712&postcount=8863

I just don't get Mewtwo fans. Sure, cuts sucks, especially when the character has a unique moveset. But he was so awful in Melee, and yet people seem to worship him as a god or something.

ok guys, starting from now the bottom 20% of characters on the most recent tier list as of time of development beginning are automatically cut
maybe that would force them to make Link and Ness not terrible

I'M FINISHED!

Mewtwo's awesomely unique moveset can easily be buffed.

MisterHero

Giving Mewtwo a female voice like the last movie would be the strangest thing

Kjellson said:
I just don't get Mewtwo fans. Sure, cuts sucks, especially when the character has a unique moveset. But he was so awful in Melee, and yet people seem to worship him as a god or something.
his animations were badass even though his moves were ineffective

but hey, so were melee characters like ness.

jph139

Man that movie was bad. Checked it out on Cartoon Network because, hey, the Pokemon movies are always fun, Mewtwo's cool, Genesect, yeah, why not? But it was just so damn boring and pointless and blah.

But I wouldn't mind "Mewtwo-identifying-as-female," it'd be an interesting change of pace.

Jaeger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97387712&postcount=8863

That's not how it works. He is still a blast to play, and besides in the right hands anyone can be a challenge.

You must not actually keep up with the Competitive Melee scene, much.

And another thing, he doesn't have to play exactly as he did in Melee, you know. You are aware of that, right?

To be honest even as a childhood fan of the anime I can't stand the Pokemon voices. The ones that say their own names are the very worst.

I really like the animal noises they make in the games, though obviously the older ones sound pretty crazy today because of the limited sound capabilities. I wish they would "remix" the sounds to serve as their voices, the Stadium games made them a little more natural sounding for example.

Jagsrock

Banned

Man that movie was bad. Checked it out on Cartoon Network because, hey, the Pokemon movies are always fun, Mewtwo's cool, Genesect, yeah, why not? But it was just so damn boring and pointless and blah.

But I wouldn't mind "Mewtwo-identifying-as-female," it'd be an interesting change of pace.

Yea apparently the mewtwo in the new movie is completely different from mewtwo in "Strikesback". I wouldn't mind either way as long as he/she is in the game.

Jaeger

To be honest even as a childhood fan of the anime I can't stand the Pokemon voices. The ones that say their own names are the very worst.

I really like the animal noises they make in the games, though obviously the older ones sound pretty crazy today because of the limited sound capabilities. I wish they would "remix" the sounds to serve as their voices, the Stadium games made them a little more natural sounding for example.

OG Mewtwo's voice was epic.

Shun

They made Mewtwo so good in Project M. His tilts and aerial game are amazing. Too bad he'll get owned by Spacies.

I'm sorry but Mewtwo (especially in his armor) beats Sonic's shit moveset. They made his moves a lot better in PM.

Based Sakurai, please make this upcoming Smash more like Melee.

Jaeger

That, Mew and Pikachu are the only good ones IMO. Pikachu's was so good it made it back into the games with Yellow, too. At least with Mewtwo it makes sense too, because he talks only with his mind.

Agreed. Pikachu's voice reminds me of how Mark Hammill described Joker's laugh. He said it was like an instrument, and should show his mood or intent. Most Pokemon don't have that range (for whatever reason) and have the same note name repeat thing, which bothers me.

MisterHero

Jagsrock said:
Yea apparently the mewtwo in the new movie is completely different from mewtwo in "Strikesback". I wouldn't mind either way as long as he/she is in the game.
I think the disconnect for me is that the male voice tied Melee Mewtwo as an antagonist, whereas mirroring the recent female voice would suggest a protagonist.

but yeah it wouldn't be that big of a deal. it would just be strange.

MrSaturn99 said:
if they bring mewtwo back but make him have a female voice I will cry

really
=(

Top Bottom