• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft

Zubz

Banned
They gotta add Ridley this time, right?

... Most of these posts are fun to read in retrospect, but this...

Well, it's still "fun," but not in a "the impossible happened and we got what we wanted!" kind of way. Just in a "Huh. I remember being adamant about this thing that didn't happen, too" kind of way. I dunno, it's just amusing to see how many people thought Ridley was inevitable, or that Sakurai would finally cave this time.

If I find any of the comments I made before I got my account about vehemently not wanting Robin in, though, I'd chuckle; their implementation was fantastic, even if they were literally the one character I didn't want.

It's possible that we would get Alph as secet character due to twitter incident. Nintendo of America posted that Alph is playable character but it was Olimar. :p

Wow, NOA may have leaked Alph a year and a half early and we thought it was just a slip up. This stuff is fascinating to read.

All this talk of Pac-Man really makes me hope Sakurai gets creative with his moveset. I imagine his roll attack could also be a throwback to classic Pac-Man. Maybe something like this? (forgive me and my crude doodle).

SNeQPv1.png

Congrats, that's exactly what his dash attack is (this was almost a year before he was announced)

That's a great idea, but it would be even better if this was the Final Smash. It could have Pac-Man eat a Power Pellet and transform into his retro counterpart, able to eat players off the stage. In fact, Namco should do this with the modern Pac-Man on his games as well. Modern Pac-Man w/ Power Pellet is so awkward to see -- this would make for a more intuitive design, not to mention a throwback to the classic Pac-Man.

And congrats to this fellow for getting his Final Smash right

Realistic wanted newcomers are Little Mac, Palutena and Takamaru.

Crazy most wanted are Duck Hunt Dog and Isaac
Out of left field Duck Hunt prediction

Haha, wow. I wish that I have a lot of time to read all POTD threads and pointing out some of the posts that we ended up being so wrong.

Or how about right?
ACandNintendog.png

Since we got Villager for SSB4. I wonder if it is possible that Sakurai could come up with the idea where he could use some of moveset from Nintendog for Duck Hunt Dog to used, along with Duck mechanic or something.

I know for sure that his chance is very low to none, but I can't help but speculating.

On a roll
I really hope that we would get 39 characters from Brawl and 2 characters from Melee coming back with 14 newcomers but hey i'm sure that it might be unrealistic right?
There were 17 new comers (more than you were anticipating!) for Smash 4 and 2 returning Melee vets who were cut from Brawl! All 39 Brawl vets did not return though :(

November 2014 at the earliest.

Came true.

This didn't.

I'm kind of worried about Mewtwo's representation if it's in. Even beyond it potentially being represented by its horrid mega forms (and they are very horrid, but I don't see it being too likely at this point, at least, not out of a FS transformation), I really hope they don't give Mewtwo its new feminine voice, and I really don't see them not.

It's not that I dislike the voice, I'd just rather Mewtwo not remind me of the film's weak and canonically nonsensical new Mewtwo. When I want Mewtwo, I want Mewtwo as it was. The more I think on it, the more I realize how much Mewtwo missing Brawl made these negative possibilities more likely. Had Mewtwo appeared in Brawl, there would have been precedent to keep Mewtwo as it was, but with a non-appearance separating it, there's more room to get away with changes like that. Not happy about it.

Maybe in card form in the TCG game? I don't remember.

Still up in the air.

DaBoss

I never imagined Bowser Jr. being in the Clown Car when I was talking about him, but man is it awesome. And in the end, the Koopalings are alts which is great for those who like them. And the bonus is the jokes about Roy Koopa and Roy from FE lol.

Good times.

I just jumped to a random page and there was a size debate.

I wonder which we debated more: that or Melee vs Brawl/casual vs competitive.

Was this the the thread where someone seriously suggested Batman?

Hard to believe there was a time where I didn't care for the main theme/primary color direction.

Definetly ridley's size...heck ridley's existance in general. Can't wait to see it continue for smash 5 lol.

Hoooo boy!

ridley will never playable............

Not going to lie, just as with Brawl, the hype train was more fun than the (still very fun) end result. (Although I don't really care for the Wii U's Classic Mode. 3DS Classic Mode was much more in line with what I wanted.)

As for DLC, I just want more stages! Preferably retro ones.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Not going to lie, just as with Brawl, the hype train was more fun than the (still very fun) end result. (Although I don't really care for the Wii U's Classic Mode. 3DS Classic Mode was much more in line with what I wanted.)

As for DLC, I just want more stages! Preferably retro ones.

Yeah, I don't mind to see more stages actually.

PokeFloat (or PokeFloat 2) would be amazing!

ffdgh

Hard to believe there was a time where I didn't care for the main theme/primary color direction.

Hoooo boy!

ridley will never playable............

I'm sure the eventual wii u hacks can turn pyrosphere ridley into a playable character. Sakurai was nice enough to lay down his foundation. :p

I'm sure the eventual wii u hacks can turn pyrosphere ridley into a playable character. Sakurai was nice enough to lay down his foundation. :p

That is honestly the only boss character I find to be too disruptive, but the concept of beating up Ridley to make him your friend is just too funny for me to hate.

Talkabouta bump! I'll never forget the days of staying up late in these threads as a junior member. ;_;

I predict Smash Run for tonight's Pic of the Day.

Zubz

Banned
I just jumped to a random page and there was a size debate.

I wonder which we debated more: that or Melee vs Brawl/casual vs competitive.

Was this the the thread where someone seriously suggested Batman?

I'd have no clue. Sounds amusing, though; remember the guy who suggested Popeye?
I thought he raised some pretty good points, actually...

Top Bottom