• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

Hey guys, didn't know where else to ask this but figured you lot would be knowledgeable.
Was looking to get a new stick, but I don't have much money to spend even though the thirst is real. So I was looking at the Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3 for occasional play, mainly 3s, but would like it for PC SF4 play as well. I've read mixed reports on PC compatibility though... Anyone got any experience with this?

My brother has an old custom stick from the PS2 days, but no idea where that went...

:) Q.

iP9MOLCvdMqrE.gif

That's not too bad, I once got DP'd by a Ryu player 4 times in a row with 3 times of them happening during my wake up. First time I can't remember why I got hit by a DP, second time I was probably pressing buttons, 3rd time I dashed forward thinking that he was going to bait. And the very last time I dashed forward again because I was convince he was going to bait me and not have the balls to do it again, and he did.

Needless to say I looked for the guy again after our match ended. I wasn't surprised to see that he decided not to host again lol. He wasn't a low ranked player, he had a similar PP to me(around 2500 or so). But he just went full Jyobin and it worked out for him.

That's not too bad, I once got DP'd by a Ryu player 4 times in a row with 3 times of them happening during my wake up. First time I can't remember why I got hit by a DP, second time I was probably pressing buttons, 3rd time I dashed forward thinking that he was going to bait. And the very last time I dashed forward again because I was convince he was going to bait me and not have the balls to do it again, and he did.

Needless to say I looked for the guy again after our match ended. I wasn't surprised to see that he decided not to host again lol. He wasn't a low ranked player, he had a similar PP to me(around 2500 or so). But he just went full Jyobin and it worked out for him.

Last night I was facing an Adon player, I was Deejay.

I had probably a 60% life lead and he was about to die, he got one knockdown and he had full meter..

I'm down, he walks up.. Rising Jaguar; I tried to tech
I'm down again, he walks up, RJ; I tried to upkick
I'm down again, he walks up; RJ; I block; FADC RJ
I'm down again, he walks up RJ; I back dash, get clipped by the second hit of RJ.
I'm down again, he walks up, JUMPS; I ex.Upkick and take that W

I probably should've just continued blocking tbh

Dudley and Evil Ryu have really become the flavour of the month/year so far.

I remember when Xian won Evo, and I was facing an influx of trash Gens.

Threi

notag
Outside of those the in char seems to be Oni as well.

See soooooo many of em online.

Personally the best thing is to bop their ERyu and then they go to Ryu. A HUGE relief :p

Are you guys on Xbox Live or PS3? I'm only on PC right now and I still rarely run into the mirror match(aka other Evil Ryu players). I don't think I've noticed a influx of certain characters at all, just the same ol' sole ol'. Mostly Ken/Ryu players with a small touch of a handful of others.

I've actually been playing against a ton of Vega's. On 360 by the way. I have yet to install the PS3 version since I have no room on my HD. I know you don't have to, but I'd rather.......I just can't deal with atrocious load times.

bfwings55

SO MANY EVIL RYUS NOW

AND EVEN DANS

I'm so pumped for Ultra. My life of grappler devotion will finally pay off. THE TIME OF GRAPPLERS IS NOW.

myavatar.png

Dartastic

Dudley and Evil Ryu have really become the flavour of the month/year so far.

I remember when Xian won Evo, and I was facing an influx of trash Gens.
Meanwhile, I was gonna come in here and ask Dudley advice because I kinda wanna pick him up for Ultra. Hahaha.

...so uh, any advice? :p

Soulstar

Sometimes this game makes me sad. I'll try so hard to win with Makoto but choke at the last moment but then I turn around and play some of the most scrubby Boxer and win.

On the subject of Dudley, E. Ryu and Oni I also run into a lot of Cammy.

Edit: ARGH. I didn't need to see that.

Threi

notag
going through some stuff right now.

DeeJay's options for extended combos are all out of whack right now. Because it's one less bar than before I'd say red focus crumple is the better option for us right now. MK sobat has more hitstun than HK sobat now, and HK sobat red focus whiffs on a bunch of chars.

I had a little ghetto reset/mixup off focus crumple with him before and you can now force people into it. So that's a thing i guess.

For raw punishes EX MGU > EX Sobat is still probably the best thing to go to (in terms of meter, ease of execution, and damage)

It will really suck if cl.mk > st.mp is character specific in the retail version like it is in this mod.

Also far lp > far mp doesn't work at all...dunno what dieminion was talking about (unless this mod doesn't have it or he was referring to close lp > close mp)

K.Sabot

So Makoto in Ultra:

So the real mixup off of ex.fukiage jump hp reset is

-cross to other side and tsurugi to stay on that side
-don't do anything and remain on the original side

In 99% of situations off that reset, she remains on the original side if she does nothing. But if she does an instant air tsurugi she stays on the opposite side.

non-crossup mixup gives you an incredibly meaty st.mp >ultra, and crossup IA tsurugi also gives you ultra.

K.Sabot

I wonder if you could set up an unblockable from the air reset. (in the corner of course)

Ex Fukiage combo Jhp reset in the corner -> jump HP (fake crossup, lands on other side if hit and stays on same side if blocked, reversal shoryus whiff)

or jump mk (crossup, lands on other side, shoryus whiff / get stuffed)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I guess I'm doing the Ultra OT.

PM me your GAF name, and what systems you plan on playing on including PC if you are, and usernames for them.

Marz

GGS Direct Quote/Dominus what.

I've been trying to cut down on my random uppercuts but its so hard, Yun is just always in dat ass lol.

Onemic

I found out that my video settings had the framerate at smooth instead of fixed. Changed the setting back to fixed, hop on training mode, find that my execution has increased a good 100% since before the change. I'm able to do Oni's FADC combo at a 70% rate now, before the change I was only able to get it maybe 15% of the time. Yang combos are the same thing. It's insane.

Who on this board goes by the name SONY Pad FTW?

That's a GAF'er? The last time I played I think I ran into him. I played his Seth first and won then he came back and used Sagat, who I guess is his main. He won the first round and in the 2nd started off with the lead, then he taunted me as we were chucking fireballs at each other. I manage to come back and win the match and decided not to host again so he could hold that for taunting me.

Another thing I noticed is that people are making videos about EX red focus now. Especially since USF4 came out in Japan and because of the videos PR Rog released yesterday. I made my video hyping EX red focus over 3 months ago but it didn't really catch on. At least I'll always have that upload date to brag about.

Robot Pants

That's a GAF'er? The last time I played I think I ran into him. I played his Seth first and won then he came back and used Sagat, who I guess is his main. He won the first round and in the 2nd started off with the lead, then he taunted me as we were chucking fireballs at each other. I manage to come back and win the match and decided not to host again so he could hold that for taunting me.
Yea the dude is just a trolling dick. If he's on here I want to know.

I need a bit help from Street Fighter GAF as I ran into a small edition confusion earlier today. Basically I have a friend whom I mostly play fighting games with and we pretty much play everything together from Tekken over BlazBlue and DoA to Marvel vs Capcom. Last week we realized we never really played Street Fighter and decided to pop-in his old version of SF IV, the very basic one. We liked what we played so today we went out to GameStop and wanted to pick up Super Street Fighter IV a copy each for both of us.

This is where it went down. I read previously that Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition ver. 2012 was available as a free patch but my error was that I didn't realize that Arcade Edition and Arcade Edition ver. 2012 are two different things. When we walked out of the store we looked at our copies and notice "Oh GameStop gave us the non Arcade Edition, meh who cares we just download the patch!" I though it would work out similar to how BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 was patched for free to Continuum Shift Extend but as soon as I arrived home I realize I was mistaken and the base Arcade Edition costs 15€ as DLC... Both, Super Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition cost 15€ at GameStop and I'm not blaming the store for me false researching before but the lady at the counter could give us a little hint that we didn't pick up the latest version :/

Anyway, long story short, is it worth to go to GameStop again on Monday to try to exchange the copies for Arcade Edition copies? Do we miss out on alot by just playing Super and would we able to upgrade to Ultra Street Fighter IV in June without having the Arcade Edition? Thanks for help in advance!

Anyway, long story short, is it worth to go to GameStop again on Monday to try to exchange the copies for Arcade Edition copies? Do we miss out on alot by just playing Super and would we able to Upgrade to Ultra Street Fighter IV in June without having the Arcade Edition? Thanks for help in advance!
Well the game is completely rebalanced in SF4 AE 2012, but the downloadable update is coming out June 3 and you can use the update on vanilla SSF4. So you could just wait the 2-3 weeks (Ultra update will cost 15 dollars and be downloadable). You can also still play SSF4 online just not with the new characters or balance changes..

Well the game is completely rebalanced in SF4 AE 2012, but the downloadable update is coming out June 3 and you can use the update on vanilla SSF4. So you could just wait the 2-3 weeks (Ultra update will cost 15 dollars and be downloadable). You can also still play SSF4 online just not with the new characters or balance changes..

Phew okay that's a relive thanks, so we can just upgrade to Ultra for 15€ while skipping out on the Arcade Edition :) Alright I just called my friend and we will just call GameStop and ask if they would exchange the copies without a fuss, if they don't we will wait for Ultra :p

Out of curiosity, is there a site that lists all the balance-changes?

stn

@skyfireblaze

Do you have Xbox 360? AE is going to be free for XBL users in June. You could potentially download it for free, sell your copy of SSF4, and then just purchase the Ultra update for $15.

Pics_nao

SF4 Gaf help me.

How do I play SF4? I can't link normals worth for shit so I basically can't even combo >_>
Surprisingly enough though, I can Shoryu FADC into Ryu's Ultra 1 <_<

Eknots

this may seem really weird but yangs most common bnb (cr lp cr lp st lp cr mk rekkas)
i was able to do very easily since it's just a normal bnb but suddenly stopped being able to do it and now my mk turns into a teleport or my rekkas don't come out, i'm looking at the inputs and everything seems ok has anyone ever had a mental issue like this? (guessing the timing is fucked in my head but i just can't fix it)

stn

What I like to do for that combo is go:

D+jab, D+jab, Neutral+Jab, DB+cr.mk, DF+P

If you hold cr. mk after you hit you'll ensure you don't get teleport or Yang's rolling kick.

@skyfireblaze

Do you have Xbox 360? AE is going to be free for XBL users in June. You could potentially download it for free, sell your copy of SSF4, and then just purchase the Ultra update for $15.

No I have the PS3 version but thanks for the info still :)

SF4 Gaf help me.

How do I play SF4? I can't link normals worth for shit so I basically can't even combo >_>
Surprisingly enough though, I can Shoryu FADC into Ryu's Ultra 1 <_<

After 3 hours of SSF4 against my friend now I feel the same... his Adon links just destroy me D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom