• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait, he's coming back? Screw that.

Of course they are. Either the two of them are coming back or the writers need to start creating a new supporting cast that may not be quite as popular. There's zero benefit for them in killing off Cas and Crowley.

Media

Dw05wQa.gif

And Fan Fiction.

Oh yes.

strafer

Of course they are. Either the two of them are coming back or the writers need to start creating a new supporting cast that may not be quite as popular. There's zero benefit for them in killing off Cas and Crowley.

Fine. But I watch for Jensen and Ackles though, I never bother with the supporting cast.

jrush64

Banned
I"m re-watching the show from the beginning. Just finished the episode in Season 2, Heart. Aww man, it was such a sad episode. Poor Sam. I know there's another sad one coming too.

I really love Supernatural.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So something is going on now.

2017-05-25_0058.png

Either Mark and the producers have decided to really screw with fans -- likely due to everyone knowing Misha is coming back -- or we have some legitimate drama on our hands.

Hopefully it's the former. I want Mark Sheppard on the show.

Media

2017-05-25_0058.png

Either Mark and the producers have decided to really screw with fans -- likely due to everyone knowing Misha is coming back -- or we have some legitimate drama on our hands.

It's likely Mark doesn't want to get people's hopes up. He's a good guy and adores the fanbase. The baiting tweet to try and keep people hooked when they are thinking of dropping the show because favs were killed off likely upset him.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's likely Mark doesn't want to get people's hopes up. He's a good guy and adores the fanbase. The baiting tweet to try and keep people hooked when they are thinking of dropping the show because favs were killed off likely upset him.

Everyone on that show, cast and crew, are super tight. I have a really hard time believing that Jim Michaels would try to "bait" fans. He doesn't really have a history of it.

But we'll see. Props to them if this is a long con because it's certainly working. Fans are upset.

Kevin

2017-05-25_0058.png

This certainly makes it sound like Mark is pissed off. Makes me wonder if there was some sort of argument that caused Mark Sheppard to leave the show. It's a wild guess but Mark sounds pretty pissed off right here and they did abruptly kill him off in the season finale so...

ZeoVGM

Banned
This certainly makes it sound like Mark is pissed off. Makes me wonder if there was some sort of argument that caused Mark Sheppard to leave the show. It's a wild guess but Mark sounds pretty pissed off right here and they did abruptly kill him off in the season finale so...

I don't know. The whole thing just seems fishy to me.

Especially when combined with "killing" Rowena off-screen. That clearly isn't sticking as a) they wouldn't do it off-screen like that and b) the actress was playfully making jokes about it before and after it aired.

I'm just not buying it.

Here's the thing: fuck the fanbase. They are the problem.

And, honestly, fuck what I think, too. They should do what they think would be the most compelling.

But my personal opinion is that I really, really don't want to see human Cas or Crowley. It's gotten to the point where, over the years, I really don't even enjoy seeing them at all now because they are so different from what the characters they were. Personally, I feel the same way about all angels and demons on this show now.
Yea honestly. Fan bases ruin lots of great shows by demanding it be done a certain way. If they will drop the show because one character died then they can fuck off, they didn't truly like the show to begin with. They liked the character/Actor. Constantly bring back a character makes me not even care about their well being. I never worry about Sam or Dean dying because ik they won't die, or they'll be brought back to life. Now it's the same with Cas if he's brought back fully, why worry about his safety if it'll just be like loljks not dead guise!

Where's the rage over the offscreen death of Rowena? Or Charlie?

They began ruining Cas because they didn't know what to do with him. So what now? Is he gonna be a full angel all powers with feathery wings?

Hm

Marks tweet reads to me as he knows how things go with fans speculation, and he wants to set the record straight. Props to him for that.

Kevin

Yea honestly. Fan bases ruin lots of great shows by demanding it be done a certain way. If they will drop the show because one character died then they can fuck off, they didn't truly like the show to begin with. They liked the character/Actor. Constantly bring back a character makes me not even care about their well being. I never worry about Sam or Dean dying because ik they won't die, or they'll be brought back to life. Now it's the same with Cas if he's brought back fully, why worry about his safety if it'll just be like loljks not dead guise!

Where's the rage over the offscreen death of Rowena? Or Charlie?

They began ruining Cas because they didn't know what to do with him. So what now? Is he gonna be a full angel all powers with feathery wings?

I have a feel we are going to get alternative universe Castiel and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Weird season finale killed off most of the side characters that were also still important. Bringing them back to life like nothing happened would be kind of cheap but killing them off also kind of sucks.

In theory, season 13 could look a lot different then season 12 but who knows. I'm not excited for the nephilim plot either as it so far sounds way to similar to the Amara storyline that was just a season behind 12.

I hope when we learn more about season 13, I will be surprised and maybe they will take the show in a new and hopefully fresh direction.

P.S: I don't want Rowena back. Please just DON'T!

ZeoVGM

Banned
I have a feel we are going to get alternative universe Castiel and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I don't think so. I think Jack will revive him as a thank you for protecting him. (But hopefully as a human so that the death meant something.)

Screw that, man. They made Rowena into a good character and another good ally of the Winchesters. And if they are to kill her, doing it offscreen when she's been important to the show for so long now would be a disservice to the character.

2017-05-25_0058.png

well, crowley's dead.

FFS, I wish characters would stay dead. Hell, they even...wait for it, come back from hell. :/

Kevin

Screw that, man. They made Rowena into a good character and another good ally of the Winchesters. And if they are to kill her, doing it offscreen when she's been important to the show for so long now would be a disservice to the character.

Don't worry, Lucifer saved some of her hair... ;)

I don't think many believe they would kill her offscreen.

Er, what? No death in the show had as much outrage as Charlie's. The producers were even awkwardly confronted about it at the SDCC panel.

True I guess. I didn't see the SDCC panel so that's probably why I didn't see much outrage. I didn't see much of it on Twitter like how much attention Castiel was getting. I saw outrage here though.

Edit: might've missed it though. Glad there was outrage though, she was my favourite character :(

Weird season finale killed off most of the side characters that were also still important. Bringing them back to life like nothing happened would be kind of cheap but killing them off also kind of sucks.

In theory, season 13 could look a lot different then season 12 but who knows. I'm not excited for the nephilim plot either as it so far sounds way to similar to the Amara storyline that was just a season behind 12.

I hope when we learn more about season 13, I will be surprised and maybe they will take the show in a new and hopefully fresh direction.

I like how Crowley went out. Castiel's death did feel pretty shitty bit bringing him back is worse tbh.

I hated Rowena in earlier seasons but she gota hell of a lot better and I honestly miss her.

I don't think so. I think Jack will revive him as a thank you for protecting him. (But hopefully as a human so that the death meant something.)

Jack is gonna be really interesting. He could be a good guy or he could be pure evil who did whatever it took to be born.

Yup fully agree she became a lot better and definitely didn't deserve the offscreen death(if she is perma dead that is).

I didn't particularly like the finale (and really, they did Rowena like that?), nor much of the season (MoL were too damn boring), and I don't care if they bring back any of those characters. (but they will!)

Minamu

If anything, it'd be cool if they made season 13 scarier. I love horror movies about ghosts and such but this show has probably never made me feel scared. Main cast is too op, just swing some iron at the ghosts and you're done (kinda). The good cop, bad cop they had going with Cas and Crowley was great, that could work fine if they come back as human.

I had no idea Cas' actor changed his voice, could that be a quitting reason?

Pejo

Finally caught the finale, it was ok. I wish if they were going to kill off so many characters, they'd have done it in a lead up to the finale. Losing that many big time players in one episode really doesn't give you a chance to feel anything about it.

Also, is literally anybody sad that Mary is gone? Of all the characters they brought back on this show, that one turned out the most poorly. I literally didn't give a shit what happened to her at around the 2nd episode of the season. What a shit-tier character.

Loved seeing ol' Bobby back though. I was waiting for a "...balls!" but never got it.

MUnited83

For you.
Finally caught the finale, it was ok. I wish if they were going to kill off so many characters, they'd have done it in a lead up to the finale. Losing that many big time players in one episode really doesn't give you a chance to feel anything about it.

Also, is literally anybody sad that Mary is gone? Of all the characters they brought back on this show, that one turned out the most poorly. I literally didn't give a shit what happened to her at around the 2nd episode of the season. What a shit-tier character.

Loved seeing ol' Bobby back though. I was waiting for a "...balls!" but never got it.
Mary gone? Breh I'd bet she will be back by episode 3 of the next season lol

I had no idea Netflix got the rights for streaming this. I used to watch each episode on Hulu, because I work, and was pretty disappointed to see that they were no longer dropping the eps on a weekly basis this year. Just turned on Netflix to see that all of season 12 is already up.

I had no idea Netflix got the rights for streaming this. I used to watch each episode on Hulu, because I work, and was pretty disappointed to see that they were no longer dropping the eps on a weekly basis this year. Just turned on Netflix to see that all of season 12 is already up.

Starting this season (or was it last?) Netflix gets the whole season a day (or few) after the finale.

zulux21

so just finished up the season on netflix.

while I don't think it was a bad season, and given how season 11 went I expected season 12 to be more down to earth.

I really don't think much was done well in regards to the big bads.

they made the london branch to clearly evil, would have been better if they went a little bit more middle ground and had a bigger screw up on the american side to give the london branch a real reason to want to kill them off besides "They aren't us so purge them."

as for the other half of the big bad. just bleh.... I mean it was obvious early on that it was mostly going to be setting up next season, but that just meant from the start we new that the child would be born, and thus any of the build up of that was just boring.

I know cas won't stay dead, wouldn't be surprised of crowly is back as well despite the tweets on this page.

either way, I hope season 13 is more fun, and less of a set up season.

Bishop89

watching the final episode.

*carry on my wayward son starts playing*

OMG YES!! Only song that should ever play during a finale!!

Rodin

Just catched up. What the shit was that finale?

I mean, when you're battling the devil things can go south, but the way they staged everything was crap. And Misha better get his ass back in S13.

All in all not a bad season, and episode 12 was simply one of the best ever, but it's massively disappointing after S11.

so just finished up the season on netflix.

while I don't think it was a bad season, and given how season 11 went I expected season 12 to be more down to earth.

I really don't think much was done well in regards to the big bads.

they made the london branch to clearly evil, would have been better if they went a little bit more middle ground and had a bigger screw up on the american side to give the london branch a real reason to want to kill them off besides "They aren't us so purge them."

as for the other half of the big bad. just bleh.... I mean it was obvious early on that it was mostly going to be setting up next season, but that just meant from the start we new that the child would be born, and thus any of the build up of that was just boring.

I know cas won't stay dead, wouldn't be surprised of crowly is back as well despite the tweets on this page.

either way, I hope season 13 is more fun, and less of a set up season.
Well, Mick was middle ground. Ketch was introduced as a psycopath, so it makes sense that he wasn't.

Goldrush

After last season finale used it as a red herring, it's a bit disappointing that the show jumps back to introducing a new concept in the last episode to solve the main conflict. Felt like a cop-out everytime they do it.

Going by previous seasons, the new concept, Alt-Earth, will probably be the main arc next season. Despite the introduction, I don't think the Nephilim will be sinister or anything. Hell, I think we'll be disappointed once the SFX budget restrict the kid and he'll just be a Kevin Tran. I could totally see the show sticking the kid in the bunker researching/training/whatever, while the duo goes off doing their thing.

13ruce

Banned
I should really pick up this series again i watched this series together with my mom when i was a young teen.

Last time i watched it i was 14 or 15 i think so 7-8 years ago i really should pick up again.

Dunno where to begin i remember dean being in hell or something:p

Guess i will just watch the whole series from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom